AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 4 13.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 13.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 13.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 10.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-10, 05:19   Link #41
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Not like the Volume 8 of Light Novel is much better. The only thing I fell good is Chifuyu's battle.
Old 2013-12-10, 10:53   Link #42
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Not like the Volume 8 of Light Novel is much better. The only thing I fell good is Chifuyu's battle.
well for me another good thing there was ichikas visit to the factory...at least we got to see one of past chifuyu clasemates ^^ and whet they intend to do with the data from byakushki

if the producers kinda went off with all the silly stuff and replaced it with something more serious or at least more fight then it would be more enjoyable... or at least avoided cutting the novel chapters and trying to forcefully connect them with other filler stuff (like the infirmary one...and then skip to roof eating)

still in the infirmary scene I was sooo loking into hearing chifuyu laugh behind the door... when ichika realized that the blindfold is a see-through...they cut it out ;/

anyway 2episodes remain I hope it will be good... and maybe they will explain who madoka is and try to add her into the picture at the end.
Old 2013-12-10, 15:02   Link #43
Preciize
Them Feels~

Only liked the beginning and end of the episode :\

Tabane is such a badass O_O Was she talking about Chifuyu when she said only Chi-chan is on her level? If so, Madoka will just get picked apart by Chifuyu unless Tabane makes a OP IS for her. Also interested in how Tabane knows who Madoka is.

On another note, this episode sure showed that Ichika is as dense as ever. He should've asked to take Chifuyu's measurements in the beginning
Old 2013-12-10, 15:34   Link #44
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
Tabane is such a badass O_O Was she talking about Chifuyu when she said only Chi-chan is on her level?
Yep, she was. So we can only imagine how strong Chifuyu is, when she goes all out.
Old 2013-12-10, 18:03   Link #45
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Yep, she was. So we can only imagine how strong Chifuyu is, when she goes all out.
Yeah, I was a bit surprised to learn that Chifuyu can do the things Tabane did this episode. I wonder if Chifuyu is artificially enhanced like Tabane. It sure doesn't seem like a normal human could pull some of that stuff off.
Old 2013-12-10, 19:21   Link #46
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnn, maybe we should clarify: Tabane said that only 'Chi-chan' has a chance against her. It doesn't necessarily mean that Chifuyu can do the same things that Tabane can - it's just that Chifuyu can fight on Tabane's level and vice versa.
Old 2013-12-10, 19:59   Link #47
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hnn, maybe we should clarify: Tabane said that only 'Chi-chan' has a chance against her. It doesn't necessarily mean that Chifuyu can do the same things that Tabane can - it's just that Chifuyu can fight on Tabane's level and vice versa.
Yes, I guess I worded that wrong. What I meant was Chifuyu has abilities that are on par with Tabane's. I'm sure both have different ways of fighting. But nontheless, I wonder if a normal human can have abilities of that level.
Old 2013-12-10, 20:51   Link #48
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
Yes, I guess I worded that wrong. What I meant was Chifuyu has abilities that are on par with Tabane's. I'm sure both have different ways of fighting. But nontheless, I wonder if a normal human can have abilities of that level.
It's not as if the students are normal.

At the minimum everyone should be capable of doing arrow/knife dodge. Exceptional student like Charl and Laura is capable of bullet timing.

As of strength, Houki is able to pierce door with bokken.

During the fucked up Volume 5 (episode 4) Ichika has sign of such abilities himself, and the Cinderella play is nothing but a test.
Old 2013-12-10, 22:02   Link #49
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

What abilities, exactly? Aside from analyzing opponents at a short time?
Old 2013-12-10, 23:06   Link #50
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
It's not as if the students are normal.

At the minimum everyone should be capable of doing arrow/knife dodge. Exceptional student like Charl and Laura is capable of bullet timing.

As of strength, Houki is able to pierce door with bokken.

During the fucked up Volume 5 (episode 4) Ichika has sign of such abilities himself, and the Cinderella play is nothing but a test.
That's true, maybe that's just the standard for IS pilots/students. It seems like Tabane and Chifuyu's abilities are way above what's 'normal' in the world of IS, even when compared to other adults like the ones in Phantom Task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Well Tabane pretty much took apart Madoka's IS. I think Chifuyu would have to be able to do more than just analyzing to be on par with Tabane.
Old 2013-12-10, 23:11   Link #51
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Minimum superhuman feat

He dodged autumn's assault before summoning ByakuShiki, we're talking about 6 rapid fire beam cannon here.
Old 2013-12-10, 23:21   Link #52
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

The Power to Endure a Hyper-Active Harem is enough to prove Ichika's ability.
Old 2013-12-11, 08:05   Link #53
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
How much do I miss the LN now Fire? Where can I find the english translated one?

Oh yeah, better look at baka-tsuki.

The episode, I say is 'Looks and personality can be deceiving' because Tabane took out those Phantom Tasks alone.
Old 2013-12-11, 08:17   Link #54
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
How much do I miss the LN now Fire?
Not miner, but you missed 1/3 of Volume 5, and 80% of volume 6

Shitty anime is shitty
Old 2013-12-11, 10:14   Link #55
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Not miner, but you missed 1/3 of Volume 5, and 80% of volume 6

Shitty anime is shitty
Except for the battles. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2013-12-11, 20:03   Link #56
chaos_animagic

This just proves that some good looking food aren't always the best.

LOL

Basing on how Cecilia "grins" and such, I think Cecilia is doing this on "purpose"... it's her new way of "biological warfare" LOL
Old 2013-12-11, 21:02   Link #57
Anime Online

In anime, there is no such thing as normal food, especially if it is prepared by a girl. It's either tears-flowingly delicious, or it's trip-to-death-door poisonous.
Old 2013-12-11, 21:46   Link #58
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

NOTHING is Normal about Girls in Anime. Either you're an almost none-existance background character, or an Heroine with a specific archertype.

Typically, Arts raise the point in the beautiful (or ugly) aspects of Life. But Anime, Manga and Light Novel extravagant almost everything.
Old 2013-12-11, 23:50   Link #59
Frontier

I'll be honest... I actually enjoyed this episode .

It feels weird saying that considering I didn't have a high opinion of the Charlotte episode, and three filler episodes in a light novel adaption is a bit ridiculous, but I found this episode far more genuinely entertaining than I did episode 6.

Maybe it's because I think Cecilia deserves her own focus episode more than Charlotte does? Or maybe it's because events from the previous episode, Kanzashi officially joining the harem and Phantom Task continuing to make their move, weren't just thrown to the side but actually progressed?

I think it helps that, unlike with episodes five and six, this episode has more justification for being what it is. We're heading into completely anime original territory, and from what I understand, it was unlikely whoever was behind the series composition had the material to properly adapt Volume 8. So with that in mind, I think it would have been better had they cut out episodes five and six and just adapt more from the novel, while leaving this as is. Just my two cents on the matter.

I thought the cooking scenes, and Cecilia taking out the harem one by one, were hilarious .

If the girls are this abrasive with someone who might be Ichika's girlfriend, I shudder at the thought of what they'd have done if Kanzashi had actually accomplished such a feat .

Y'know, while my knee jerk reaction is to say the whole measurement scene was another instance of Ichika being luckier than he deserves, a part of me feels it's given me more reason to pity him. He tries to be an upstanding and decent guy, but the women around him just won't let him. It doesn't help that Tatenashi and his own sister enjoy trolling him and are willing to put him through something even he knows doesn't make sense. And try as he might not to be a pervert, his harem will still always find a reason to beat the tar out of him...

Tabane beating and dumfounding Phantom Task was priceless. Though now she's going to give Madoka an even stronger IS? Now I can't see anything stopping her barring some sort of Deus Ex Machina... or Deus Ex Chifuyu .

Yeah, the lack of animation for some scenes were pretty jarring. There's much less obvious, and more effective, ways of cutting out stuff and leaving them for the Blu-Ray.

So... no Houki date? I should've known .
Old 2013-12-15, 00:56   Link #60
DiscoJacen

This kinda reminded me of the Sugar & Honey spinoff when they have a cooking contest only this time with Cecilia winning by poison^^

I don't particularly mind a filler episode for each girl and compared to the Char one I'd say this one was more "balanced". Average the whole time while the Char one had awesome battle at the beginning and retarded panty plot after (even if she's my fav this was really painful to watch)
Closed Thread