AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-11-19, 21:30   Link #61
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Yes, I just noticed this as well. >_<

Pretty annoying, simply because people need to save the image to see it in full. Of course, if the end up seeing nothing more than a shity resize of it, they could probably not bother saving it to begin with.

http://www.imagehost.org/

Either way, you can try this one out in the mean time.

<-- thumbnail sample
Old 2008-11-19, 22:14   Link #62
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

That looks good, although I'm concern about how the thumbnail version looks... (makes it look like I did such a horrendous job D: )

Well, reuploaded my vectors there.

Thank you for your help.

EDIT: Also, is it just me but for my last vector, whenever I focus on the nose, her whole expression turns out bad and the nose just sticks out? <_<

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 22:23   Link #63
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachopvutru View Post
That looks good, although I'm concern about how the thumbnail version looks... (makes it look like I did such a horrendous job D: )
That's because the image lacks a background. If you go with a simple color or a gradient to fill it, the thumbnail will look better.

Quote:
EDIT: Also, is it just me but for my last vector, whenever I focus on the nose, her whole expression turns out bad and the nose just sticks out? <_<
That's probably an effect created by the style of the drawing itself. I sometimes move eyes, mouths and noses for this very same reason.
Old 2008-11-20, 01:07   Link #64
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
That's because the image lacks a background. If you go with a simple color or a gradient to fill it, the thumbnail will look better.

Aye, it looks really good. Thank you.

I wish to retain it in render form for those who wish to use it, though.

Quote:
That's probably an effect created by the style of the drawing itself. I sometimes move eyes, mouths and noses for this very same reason.
I see. I was worry that the line for the nose was a bit too thick and needed to be smudged a little bit. It looked a bit faded in the original image.

Anyway, just to see what it looked like, I changed the shadow and highlight colors to black and white with blending mode 'soft light'. The exceptions are the highlights of the hair (which I use 'value' blending mode with 30% opacity instead). It didn't look as differently as I thought it would.

Then I blurred the shadows and highlight (except for the spots on Shana's face because those would disappear):

It looks quite Daniel E.-ish imo .

And aye, xcf here for anyone who's interested. Not sure how well GIMP can convert to psd, but will try anyway... psd here.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-11-20, 06:54   Link #65
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
The vector lookd pretty cool.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 15:12   Link #66
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachopvutru View Post
It looks quite Daniel E.-ish imo .
All that is missing now are the colored outlines.

Though, those would be a pain to add to an already finished piece. If you ever feel like it, I suggest doing it from the beginning on something different.

Oh and Imageshack is back on track again, btw.

I still need an extra click to open a second window to see the image in full, though. >_<
Old 2008-11-20, 17:27   Link #67
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
The vector lookd pretty cool.
Thanks

Quote:
All that is missing now are the colored outlines.

Though, those would be a pain to add to an already finished piece. If you ever feel like it, I suggest doing it from the beginning on something different.
Well, it's kinda hard to do color outline when I start outlining first (previously, I fill the colors first and outline afterward). If I change the color of the outlines, though, there would be a few spots to fix but not that many (at least, I hope so). EDIT: nvm... there are a lot of spots to fix after all.. ~_~

Quote:
Oh and Imageshack is back on track again, btw.

I still need an extra click to open a second window to see the image in full, though. >_<
Aye... I don't feel like reuploading my vectors back to imageshack since I have already reuploaded them once...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-11-27, 15:09   Link #68
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Aye... so errr, I decided to do a drawing of the picture in pencil. >_<

It didn't turn out very well, but considering my ability, though, I would say that it's pretty good...

Didn't intend to do shading, but I did it anyway. It was there to hide the badly drawn outlines, but the shading doesn't look very good, either, sadly. Proportion is also a bit off, I think, and I ended up not having enough space to finish the head >_<.

It doesn't look completely like Shana, but probably close enough.

And last but not least, I resized it to a small size so that it would look better than it actually is.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga