AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-17, 14:48   Link #161
pampz21
ShipCore

Can't get enough of the OP!
made me wonder how a good series got a messy adaption!
and the I like the Girl more in akai Hitomi!

BTW they really cut to the chase huh?!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 16:02   Link #162
Ansalem
Speaker

When the man walked out of the shed at the Inari Shrine, I almost expected him to say "And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids...!" ^^;
Old 2010-10-17, 18:58   Link #163
fukarming

After 3 episodes, I think it is safe to assume that we are not having any mystery whatsoever and shouldn't expect having any in the future. It is a character driven series and we are going to explore Yakumo and his relationship with the other red-eyed guy.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 08:38   Link #164
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
After 3 episodes, I think it is safe to assume that we are not having any mystery whatsoever and shouldn't expect having any in the future. It is a character driven series and we are going to explore Yakumo and his relationship with the other red-eyed guy.
Personally, I don't mind this situation. I've always found Yakumo's backstory to be the most fascinating aspect of the series. It's the part I want to learn the most about. So the fact that the anime seems to going down the route of providing a summary of Yakumo's history pleases me greatly. (Now if the anime also heats up the dynamic between Yakumo and Haruka, I will truly truly be a happy camper. )

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 13:02   Link #165
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
(Now if the anime also heats up the dynamic between Yakumo and Haruka, I will truly truly be a happy camper. )
LOL. You and me both.

And I agree. I want to know more about Yakumo and his red eye, so I don't mind where the anime is heading. But considering how short the series is, I don't think they can or will fully develop the true underlying mystery, which is Yakumo. D:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 13:07   Link #166
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I don't mind the mysterious profile and weird eyes, but they pay sooo much attention to his red eye that I wouldn't be surprised if the villain has not one, but two shiny red eyes that just stare into your soul(!!). JUst expecting something more like character skills besides attitude.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 13:14   Link #167
LKK

^^ Doesn't the OP show the main villain with 2 red eyes? Or did I see that elsewhere? (Trailer, web site, some place like that.)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2010-10-18, 13:20   Link #168
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
^^ Doesn't the OP show the main villain with 2 red eyes? Or did I see that elsewhere? (Trailer, web site, some place like that.)
The villain has 2 red eyes.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-10-18, 13:43   Link #169
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, I'll be....anyway, mercy watching lasts another month:P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 17:43   Link #170
achirist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
When the man walked out of the shed at the Inari Shrine, I almost expected him to say "And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids...!" ^^;
Exactly, the scooby doo reference was so unbelievably strong here.

I suppose it was a pleasant surprise for me how the episode was more character background than anything else. Yakumo is interesting, and there seems to be a wider conspiracy in the background. I hope they don't use another scooby doo plotline, though.
Old 2010-10-18, 23:54   Link #171
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 2 was ok, seems really fast paced, and sadly Yakumo's investigating was done off screen.

This is kind of off topic, but I notice those Ghost Hunting shows don't go to Japan very much if at all, the closest I seen was a show that was looking for Kappa.
Old 2010-10-19, 08:50   Link #172
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Maybe the series will be like Majin Tantei, where Neuro (Yakumo) and Yako (Haruka) go and solve random mysteries that don't really lead to a specific plot! Haha I kidding. More or less rather, I just think things wont get real until that dude with red eyes comes in, hopefully this next episode, and messes with Yakumo's head causing him to go in deeper into the case!
Old 2010-10-19, 16:56   Link #173
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

when they show the scene where detective remembers the past and yakumo, the guy that tells him a bout the kid, is that the villain, or am i getting ahead of myself, because they look similar, and also at the and the villain seems to know yakumo
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 17:53   Link #174
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

For now its just leading me to the simple (mystery but with character development and ghost hunting) show
Old 2010-10-19, 18:03   Link #175
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

The back mystery with the red eyes villain and their attempt to resurrect the dead makes me wonder whether
Spoiler for speculations:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-10-19, 21:52   Link #176
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
when they show the scene where detective remembers the past and yakumo, the guy that tells him a bout the kid, is that the villain, or am i getting ahead of myself, because they look similar, and also at the and the villain seems to know yakumo
You're right. The guy in the flashback who warns the detective is the guy with 2 red eyes.

Old 2010-10-20, 14:50   Link #177
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
The back mystery with the red eyes villain and their attempt to resurrect the dead makes me wonder whether
Spoiler for speculations:
Spoiler:

As to the episode. That's one way to get rid of any so called rivals out of the picture...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 16:26   Link #178
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler:
Small correction: Yakumo's uncle said that, not his brother. We don't know if Yakumo has siblings.

Old 2010-10-20, 20:43   Link #179
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler:
Oh did he? Meh, must have missed that part. -_-;

@LKK: brother huh? That'll be interesting. But what's more shocking is if the villain turned out to be his dad.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-10-20, 22:12   Link #180
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
@LKK: brother huh? That'll be interesting. But what's more shocking is if the villain turned out to be his dad.
Did I confuse the issue with my response? Just to be perfectly clear, the person who told Haruka that Yakumo was born with one red eye was Yakumo's uncle. Yakumo's uncle is Yakumo's mother's younger brother. Maybe that's where the brother idea came from?

Tags
drama, seinen, supernatural