AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-10, 21:25   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Zero no Tsukaima FanFiction Discussion

Welcome to the Zero no Tsukaima FanFiction Discussion thread.

This thread is meant for Zero no Tsukaima fanfiction and its discussion. Fanfiction works can be either posted in this thread or in the Fan Creations Forum and linked to in this thread. You may also link to Fanfiction works posted on other sites and discuss it here.

General rules of our forum still apply:
  • No sexually explicit material. Yes, this goes for text format as well.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members
  • Have fun, but post intelligently

Please respect the authors, fanfictions are written in their free time, they have have no gain and owe you nothing; if they like a particular character and/or a particular pattern for their story, it's a personal choice and can't be blamed. In general, you are free to post constructive criticisms but not insults which (as in any other part of the forums) won't be tolerated. Remember that writers post here to get help and not to get troubles.

Thanks and have fun
Old 2012-01-11, 16:23   Link #2
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Any recommended ones?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2012-01-11, 16:45   Link #3
Kaiba

Well, I spent four hours researching and going over details for the idea that I mentioned in the crossover thread, and here's a preview/first chapter. It's technically not a ZnT fic yet, and it's actually the first fanfic I've ever written, but let's go:

Spoiler for Napoleon/ZnT crossover:
Old 2012-01-11, 20:06   Link #4
iealchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Any recommended ones?
Most of the good ones are crossovers. The best one I know of is Hill of Swords, which despite being accurate to characters and themes in both ZnT and F/S Night has great humor and writing style.

And it also has a well written ending, which is really rare in fanfiction i find.
Old 2012-01-11, 21:07   Link #5
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Any recommended ones?
I haven't started Hill of Swords yet, but I'm currently reading Be Careful What You Wish For which has Louise summon Yuka Kazami from Touhou.

A good place to start is the ZnT fanfic recommend page on TVTropes.
Old 2012-01-12, 06:31   Link #6
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Well, I spent four hours researching and going over details for the idea that I mentioned in the crossover thread, and here's a preview/first chapter. It's technically not a ZnT fic yet, and it's actually the first fanfic I've ever written, but let's go:

Spoiler for Napoleon/ZnT crossover:
That's a very promising start here.

As for ZnT fanfiction, the majority are as said, crossovers. It's really a testimony to the fact that many good writers regard Saito as a disappointing, mediocre character, or at least one horribly unsuited for someone with Louise's issues. Hence, the huge profusion of ZnT Crossovers.

There's one called Stupid Devil Dog though that features a less head bang worthy Saito though. However, that Saito is so different it might as well be an AU.
Old 2013-02-22, 22:44   Link #7
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Spoiler for Summons:
Old 2013-02-27, 00:20   Link #8
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Are there any fics out where Louise is her own familiar?
Old 2013-02-27, 01:33   Link #9
birdy1564

yeah, there is one at fanfiction.net

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8301390/1/Zero-Flip
Old 2013-03-30, 03:41   Link #10
demino_hellsin
That one guy

An odd proposition of ZnT fanfiction plot is what I'm looking for.

"Lousie does not summon Saito. In fact, she doesn't summon anyone at all. She ends up branding herself with the runes of Gandlfr. Mage or familiar, where does her fate lie?"
Old 2013-05-15, 02:40   Link #11
anime fan99

I'm surprised there is not more posts in this Thread this anime has many probability for crossover Lousie summoning any character from any series
Old 2013-05-15, 08:41   Link #12
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Sadly that idea is overdone and extremely basic. There is a fic dedicated entirely to Louise summoning random familiars.
Old 2013-05-15, 09:52   Link #13
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Sadly that idea is overdone and extremely basic. There is a fic dedicated entirely to Louise summoning random familiars.
I respect your opinion, but just because a idea is overdone That does not mean is stop being fun
Old 2013-05-17, 05:21   Link #14
Eratas123

Because it would actually be pretty hard. Sure its fun, but not every fic can be a ROFLSTOMP where the chosen summon does something better than Saito: How does the summon change canon? Will events even start or not start? How about the politics? Will politics play into effect? Etc etc. Butterfly effect, in short terms. Changing just one thing can lead to things spiraling out of control.
Old 2013-05-17, 20:02   Link #15
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Because it would actually be pretty hard. Sure its fun, but not every fic can be a ROFLSTOMP where the chosen summon does something better than Saito: How does the summon change canon? Will events even start or not start? How about the politics? Will politics play into effect? Etc etc. Butterfly effect, in short terms. Changing just one thing can lead to things spiraling out of control.
You mentioned all the reasons why reading this kind of stories is fun
Old 2013-05-18, 06:51   Link #16
demino_hellsin
That one guy

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6359442/...iliars-of-Zero

If this isn't yours then enjoy
Old 2013-05-18, 23:08   Link #17
anime fan99

Any one interested to respond to challenges
Old 2013-05-21, 06:26   Link #18
M.A.D

What challenges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
I respect your opinion, but just because a idea is overdone That does not mean is stop being fun
Actually, a lot of ideas stop being fun because people overdo them.

In this case, the fact that there is an infinite possibility of Louise summoning familiars from all over place is the reason why people don't talk about them, simply because there's too many, and it takes a conversation just to list them all. And yet, there are too many to choose from and not all of them are good, being updated, or simply worth the time talking about, and picking the good ones out is also a different way of wasting time.

Of course, that doesn't mean the idea itself stopped being attractive. People are still doing it. In fact, I tried it myself. It's fun picking someone more competent than Saito from another series and have Louise summon them, but my fic is just one out of many, and it's generic to the point that people forget it quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
An odd proposition of ZnT fanfiction plot is what I'm looking for.

"Lousie does not summon Saito. In fact, she doesn't summon anyone at all. She ends up branding herself with the runes of Gandlfr. Mage or familiar, where does her fate lie?"

Are you interested in writing it yourself?
Old 2013-05-21, 07:20   Link #19
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I am very interested in working out the story. But I don't think my knowledge of the lore is enough to give the premise justice. Especially where Louise would lie: mage or familiar? Will her family disown her? Would she be expelled? Just a few of the problems I have to think of.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-05-21 at 07:30.
Old 2013-05-21, 07:29   Link #20
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

There's a really good fanfic I read in Space Battles about Rumia becoming Louise familiar: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...-rumia.226659/
Closed Thread

Tags
fanfiction