AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-09-28, 09:47   Link #7141
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

By the time Nagi develops, I think should be the time when Hina is no longer a pettanko.
Old 2010-09-28, 11:27   Link #7142
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
By the time Nagi develops, I think should be the time when Hina is no longer a pettanko.
I'm pretty sure we're not going to see physical development, in any character, but Nagi just hasn't grown into herself (her mother claimed to be an 'E') while Hina-tan's genes seem to imply that she's always going to be flatter (Yukiji is probably less developed there than Sakuya over 12 years difference there).
At best Hinagiku will realize that the guy she likes (and the entire school thinks she's an idol besides -_-) doesn't care, and thus will drop the mental issue of it, but not likely.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 11:40   Link #7143
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
By the time Nagi develops, I think should be the time when Hina confesses to Hayate.
fixed that for you
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 18:35   Link #7144
alviam099

I agree at leoblack there ..

Nagi's development should be done after she hears almost all of the harem members confess..
She doesn't even know the existence of Athena being Hayate's ex
alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 07:36   Link #7145
azziz

she still believe hayate love her or than they are in a romantic relationship:the greatest shock is yet to come.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 10:47   Link #7146
leoblack9

lulz, and considering the pace of the Nagi mangaka arc, I stand my point.

Judging by all these chapters (sometimes boring) I can't even see a particular ending or goal by Hata, except the foreshadowing presented months ago. Blah.

Quote:
Quote:
By the time Nagi develops, I think should be the time when Hina confesses to Hayate.

fixed that for you
so nagi's development is like a geyser, it goes up in a spurt, reaches its highest point then it all falls down, rinse and repeat, emotionally/mentally anyway. If you guys thought I was referring to physical development well, no.
Old 2010-09-29, 14:32   Link #7147
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
so nagi's development is like a geyser, it goes up in a spurt, reaches its highest point then it all falls down, rinse and repeat, emotionally/mentally anyway. If you guys thought I was referring to physical development well, no.
Sorry, I agree that being a pettanko is more a mental affliction than a physical one, but it seems most others take the other path. And Hinagiku's makes absolutely no sense from the emotional sense, and doesn't even seem to come into play until it's sudden appearance after the race, while Nagi's comes in earlier and actually makes sense.

If Nagi's developments are like a geyser, at least they're becoming more regular.
In the start, it was implied that she barely had anything there since her mother died, and recently she's getting two (Athens and now) within a month (story-time) of each other.
Hayate does seem to be realizing this, and relating to her as an adult now. Wonder if he'd still wave off her pursuit because he's 'not a lolicon'?

Technically Hina has confessed to Hayate, he just 'didn't hear it'.
I think no matter what developments, Nagi's going to go through though, neither she or Hina are going to confess (again), they're going to wait for Hayate to say something they can clearly respond to romantically.
Both are stated to hate to lose, and (Hina at least) has stated that she doesn't want to be the one to confess.
Somehow, I'm picturing that it's going to end up being a group confession.

... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Old 2010-09-29, 14:52   Link #7148
Used Can

Well, Ayumu has already confessed, and she's made her feelings clear multiple times. She's even kissed him (on the cheek, of course). Athena's feelings for him are also clear, although the status of their relationship has been stalled by Athena herself. So, you can no longer call it a group confession when, technically, only 2 girls remain to make their feelings clear.

I'd say Nagi has also made her point clear multiple times. However, Hayate simply doesn't see her that way. Hina, on the other hand, even though she did confess once (and failed, due to a train), hasn't made her feelings clear to Hayate. On Nagi's case, it'll come down to Hayate realising Nagi's actual feelings for him, since, as I've already said, she's already made that clear in her own way. On Hina's case, I think she'll have to work a bit more on how she expresses herself.

As for Maria... I wouldn't know. I think she's too much of a gag-character now for me to take her seriously - which is rather sad, since I used to be a huge supporter of hers. But, anyway, who knows? Hata may add some good development for her soon, and she'd be back in the race.
Old 2010-09-29, 15:17   Link #7149
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Well, Ayumu has already confessed, and she's made her feelings clear multiple times. She's even kissed him (on the cheek, of course). Athena's feelings for him are also clear, although the status of their relationship has been stalled by Athena herself. So, you can no longer call it a group confession when, technically, only 2 girls remain to make their feelings clear.
Eh? Three girls have clearly confessed (Ayumu, Athena and Miki), none of the others have, and Hayate has six girls clearly within his harem, and several on the borderline.
Even if you take Athena out of the picture, since she doesn't seem to be the type to do group activities, that's still several girls just for Hayate. Add in Wataru's harem (which has girls he likes along with those that like him, almost adding the 'sister' to the 'already confessed' pile), and you've got yourself most of the cast available for group confessions, which Ayumu adding to would just add strength to the confession itself.

I'd almost say that Hina-tan's refusal to confirm that she doesn't love Hayate is his way of making sure she does, before he commits himself to his own confession that he's been considering since her first.
Since the wording implies in that situation that he heard something, but isn't quite sure it was a confession, he's still trying to figure her out.

Old 2010-09-29, 22:15   Link #7150
Tom Bombadil

Nothing in the new chapter. The Hina image was just a false alarm.
Old 2010-09-29, 22:27   Link #7151
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Just finish c290

wonder what Hata is trying to do here? He is deconstructing Nagi's entire character as Narcissistic, Self-absorb, spoil rich brat with no concept of reality. if Hata keeps this up Nagi would no longer be consider a NEET.
Old 2010-09-29, 22:27   Link #7152
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Just finish c290

wonder what Hata is trying to do here? He is deconstructing Nagi's entire character as Narcissistic, Self-absorb, spoil rich brat with no concept of reality. if Hata keeps this up Nagi would no longer be consider a NEET.
isnt that the point?
Old 2010-09-29, 22:31   Link #7153
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
isnt that the point?
is he trying to pull a Ken Akamatsu? Start the manga as one genre then switch it to another genre when it gets popular and entrench enough to tell the Editor to F**k off.
Old 2010-09-29, 22:53   Link #7154
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I think thats what he wants to do with Nagi, build her as a NEET, and then eventually make her realize the important things in life and get her out of her usual lifestyle.
Old 2010-09-30, 02:42   Link #7155
zibi88

damn it.... first saw Hina on the cover and hoped it would contain little Hina but no..... there is no one and its a huge let down.... so Hina there was only a bait so people would see it...

I knew and I said what will happen next (2weeks ago...) that nagi will see the difference in skill.... the guy will see her manga she will run off in tears.... and she will be depressed (all check)

usually the manga was in a way that you did not know what will happen next.... but now its soooo easy to read with the whole Nagi situation >__<

I kinda hope she would get all her money back since at least at that time we got to see other chars and not only her >_>

so I guess next chapter will be about Hayate & other residents trying to cheer up Nagi.... and at the end of chapter Luca will appear and nagi will learn tha Luca aims for the same goal of becomeing a mangaka....
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 05:47   Link #7156
leoblack9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
I think thats what he wants to do with Nagi, build her as a NEET, and then eventually make her realize the important things in life and get her out of her usual lifestyle.
The easiest route for this would be competing for Hayate, erm Athena's reappearance which I think would signal the start of another love war.
Old 2010-09-30, 11:11   Link #7157
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
damn it.... first saw Hina on the cover and hoped it would contain little Hina but no..... there is no one and its a huge let down.... so Hina there was only a bait so people would see it...

I knew and I said what will happen next (2weeks ago...) that nagi will see the difference in skill.... the guy will see her manga she will run off in tears.... and she will be depressed (all check)

usually the manga was in a way that you did not know what will happen next.... but now its soooo easy to read with the whole Nagi situation >__<

I kinda hope she would get all her money back since at least at that time we got to see other chars and not only her >_>

so I guess next chapter will be about Hayate & other residents trying to cheer up Nagi.... and at the end of chapter Luca will appear and nagi will learn tha Luca aims for the same goal of becomeing a mangaka....
I've heard that Maria plays a part in this chapter, and she was on the cover of the last chapter.
We can hope a similar plot plays out for Hina-tan (and maybe Miki) next chapter ^_^

Old 2010-09-30, 11:28   Link #7158
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
The easiest route for this would be competing for Hayate, erm Athena's reappearance which I think would signal the start of another love war.
at this stage there is no competition if Athena come sback on stage. Hayate would choose to stay with Nagi but that would be out obligation and a sense of responsibility not because he loves Nagi (Romantic wise).
Old 2010-09-30, 20:16   Link #7159
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
at this stage there is no competition if Athena come sback on stage. Hayate would choose to stay with Nagi but that would be out obligation and a sense of responsibility not because he loves Nagi (Romantic wise).
I think the biggest point is that throughout the entire series Hayate has never once looked upon Nagi in a romantic light, or even been *embarrassed* by her sticking her face too close/being in a compromising situation etc. The idea being that Hayate sees her as a child and his master, but not a love interest. Imo either Nagi or Hayate would have to change quite drastically to tip the balance, but since throughout staus quo as been god I doubt that'll happen. Here's to you Hina speaking neutrally of course.
Old 2010-09-30, 20:27   Link #7160
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I think the biggest point is that throughout the entire series Hayate has never once looked upon Nagi in a romantic light, or even been *embarrassed* by her sticking her face too close/being in a compromising situation etc. The idea being that Hayate sees her as a child and his master, but not a love interest. Imo either Nagi or Hayate would have to change quite drastically to tip the balance, but since throughout staus quo as been god I doubt that'll happen. Here's to you Hina speaking neutrally of course.

with the latest chapter Hata is trying to change Nagi.

Tags
comedy, shounen