AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-12-21, 01:41   Link #81
DanielSong39

Please, stay away from Yuuichi (Kanon 2006).

Then again, he's pretty much the male version of Haruhi, so what do I know?
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 08:47   Link #82
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I particularly dislike the "perverted father" characters, probably because I'm a single father with a teen-aged daughter. Right at the top of the list is the father in Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl. Rather than being in shock that his son has been converted into a girl by an alien spacecraft, he wants to jump in the bathtub with her at every opportunity. I stopped bathing with my daughter when she was about five. If he's that hard up for seeing naked young women, he should just go buy a magazine already. His wife should have sent him packing around episode three or four.

The father in FLCL also has these tendencies, but he's not married and not trying to molest his own child. In his situation I'd probably sleep with Haruko myself if the oppotunity presented itself, just as long as she left that guitar in another room.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 11:08   Link #83
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Kyonuichi's cool; and as we saw with Makoto, he may tease, but he treats his harem right.
Umm, he took advantage of Makoto (off-screen) in Episode 9. I suppose "right" is one way to put it, however.
Old 2006-12-21, 13:10   Link #84
suguru
京都 ikitai~

This is going back a ways but my least favorite anime character ever is Hikaru from Kimagure Orange Road. Her voice, her personality--everything about her made me spend all 48 episodes hoping she'd get run over by a cement truck. I think I remember reading that even Robert Woodhead (the CEO of Animeigo, who released KOR in North America), said he couldn't stand her...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 11:22   Link #85
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Forgot to mention Asuka Langley Soryu from EVA... my god, i wanted her to fall in some deep pit and stay there since the ep she was introduced. Each time she opened her foul mouth i felt like punching the screen. Spoiled brat with oversized ego problems and mouth big enough to let the whole world know about it. Bleh.
Old 2007-01-16, 11:33   Link #86
Kaijin
かいじん

It's a LOOONG list. Mostly cause I hate every cliche character from harem animes. Those annoying girls, with ear-bleeding high pitched voices, yelling "Oniichan" about a million times per episode. Those with serious oniichan complex that get jealous of every female orbiting their oniichan.
Example: Elis from Canvas2...you probably know a thousand more where she came from, so you get my point.
Old 2007-01-16, 11:59   Link #87
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Elis is one of my favorite female characters She is one of the best developed characters i have seen, and the Elis we see at the end of the series is nothing like Elis from the start. I didn't like her much from the start either, but she had some impressive character development, which in the end turned her in to one of my favorites
Old 2007-01-16, 12:34   Link #88
DanielSong39

I have a soft spot for Maika (Magikano) as well... she may be overprotective, but she only goes berserk when she senses that the girls are trying to take advantage of Haruo - and let's face it, her concerns are justified.
Old 2007-01-16, 13:19   Link #89
anselfir
Style Über Alles

SUZAKU Kururugi!!! Go hang yourself.
Old 2007-01-18, 13:34   Link #90
Eva_127

I don't really 'hate' any anime character. But if there is one that I really don't care for is Kagome from Inuyasha, I find her to be overly offensive to Inuyasha on even the small things. She also should try to understand that he has feelings for Kikyo still. Sorry to any Kagome fans though, don't mean any offense to anyone.
Eva_127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 15:04   Link #91
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijin View Post
It's a LOOONG list. Mostly cause I hate every cliche character from harem animes. Those annoying girls, with ear-bleeding high pitched voices, yelling "Oniichan" about a million times per episode. Those with serious oniichan complex that get jealous of every female orbiting their oniichan.
Example: Elis from Canvas2...you probably know a thousand more where she came from, so you get my point.
i know what you mean...tho i think my ears can tolerate them somewat ~ i didnt like elis at the start as well but i have to say her oniichan complex died down after a period and actually acting mature she has broken out of the circle where a girl just flops onto their oniichan with a crap reason ~

i actually have little hate for any characters...but the upmost one i have to kill even if my life were to be taken away would have to be rin from shuffle...goddammit thinking about him makes my blood boil T_T

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 16:39   Link #92
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
I think the new "everyone loves to hate" character is Nina from Code Geass. In every "favorite character" poll I've seen, she has come in dead last. I don't think I could come up with a reason not to hate her.
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 19:46   Link #93
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ i think Suzaku could easily top her any time of the day
Old 2007-01-18, 20:35   Link #94
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
^ i think Suzaku could easily top her any time of the day
Suzaku has devoted enemies, but he also has fans. Nina has no one.
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 20:42   Link #95
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Nina is a lesbian, and an ignorant bimbo. A creature of pity or perhaps peculiar tastes, not hate. There are a lot of people who are rather racist or whatnot. Suzaku is an existential anomaly, a dark hole of logic that cannot be pierced by even the rays of ten thousand suns. Even his face is annoying, since he has that Kira Yamato look on his mug every fricking time, might as well wear a "slap me i'm an idiot" poster on his forehead if he keeps that "I pity thee, world" look all the time.

Anyway, another type of character I do not really like is the submissive girl type who plays third wheel to the people who actually do stuff. Examples include
Spoiler:
and mildly Hinata from naruto, and to a certain extent shirley in code geass. Hinata aside, the other two i mentioned are basically plot generation devices. Sorry ladies, no. mysterious girls > you

Last edited by anselfir; 2007-01-18 at 20:55.
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 19:54   Link #96
Miyu-chan
Sesshomaru is so cute!

Muruta Asrael from Gundam Seed... hands down... he is really evil
Miyu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 10:41   Link #97
Ravage

I really hate Hamilton(don't remember his first name; Lily's dad) from Gargoyle of the Yoshinaga's. There really nothing that can be said to defend him and the actions he's taken(up to where I've watched the series at least(ep 7) ).
I wish they'd just kill him off.
Ravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 12:34   Link #98
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
Anyway, another type of character I do not really like is the submissive girl type who plays third wheel to the people who actually do stuff. Examples include
Spoiler:
Yoshida is not redundant
Big boobies are never redundant!
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 13:05   Link #99
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Any mature woman character. I can't pin it down but they bother me, they're far to self-confident with no logical reason as too why they feel so self important. Plus apparentely they are somehow supposed to be attractive but its really the case as they often wear far too much makeup and power-dress sometimes to the point of looking like men. Good examples for me are Cima Garahau from Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, Margery Daw from the Shakugan No Shana the one character I could not stand and whatever the name of the mature female was from the Coyote Ragtime Show. Also nobody freaked out when some people said they disliked Suzumiya Haruhi, I looked but nothing. That's.... well done in upholding the purpose of the thread in allowing even characters that are phenomenally popular to be submitted as character's one loves to hate.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 13:15   Link #100
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Any mature woman character. I can't pin it down but they bother me, they're far to self-confident with no logical reason as too why they feel so self important. Plus apparentely they are somehow supposed to be attractive but its really the case as they often wear far too much makeup and power-dress sometimes to the point of looking like men. Good examples for me are Cima Garahau from Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, Margery Daw from the Shakugan No Shana the one character I could not stand and whatever the name of the mature female was from the Coyote Ragtime Show.
But then by the same logic, why was Char so self-confident at the beginning of MSG? Answer: Because of his past accomplishments.

Those two characters you listed are so self-confident because they're dang good at what they do. Why is that a reason to hate them? If you hate them because they've got high self-confidence, then you hate just about any self-confident character, like Haman or Scirocco.

As you stated it, this just seems like way too generic a reason to hate a character that applies to too wide a range of characters, and doesn't really make sense.