AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

Old 2012-09-30, 14:31   Link #181
Grey

I'll make a tentative hypothesis of memory control and segregation between the powered and the powerless. Farming and "normal lives" for the powerless. Warriors, priests, controllers, and truth for the powered class.

The holy barrier as a cloaking device that makes outsiders wander in circles and away from the village. The fiends are people whose powers are wild like the flashback kid. The Cantus ritual is to make sure village people's powers don't go wild. The outside is filled with the fiends and normal people who fight and hide from them.

Wild speculation!
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 14:45   Link #182
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Wild speculation!
Yeah, this show seems to be pretty fun to speculate about so far. We're kinda dumped right into the thick of things with little explanation and plenty of creepy, foreboding moments.

My guess is that after the first incident 1000 years ago, the world came up with a system to put potential magic users off into a secluded community, where they can be controlled and watched on a constant basis (alluding to the farm=academy metaphor).

I'm kinda expecting a Shyamalan-twist where not developing magic abilities is actually a good thing...the people who get taken away because of their lack of skill are reintroduced back into the real world/society because they are no longer deemed a threat, whereas those who do develop skills are forever sheltered away in that propped-up community.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 16:09   Link #183
Theo

Still excited for molepeople and siege towers.

Hope I'm not disappoint.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 16:26   Link #184
HandofFate

Touma should show up and destroy all their delusions with a single punch
Old 2012-09-30, 17:53   Link #185
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I'm still stuck on the fence for this one will give it 2 more eps to see if i'll stick with it or not. From the synopsis it seemed interesting. There were parts that intrigued me, but for some reason it didn't just grab like i thought it would. Well will wait and see for now.
Old 2012-09-30, 19:26   Link #186
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
He could certainly cut loose in a place like that. Though seems like these kids all have the same kind of power, just different degrees of capability.
Old 2012-09-30, 19:36   Link #187
Tenoia
Leaps and Bounds Away

Woah. So they throw us into this bizarre world, full of magic apparently, without much explanation of things. While this means that a lot of things are confusing for me, it does make me want to watch the upcoming episodes. So, in a way, I guess I'm hooked now? Not that I'm complaining.

I like that this first episode has already established the atmosphere for the next episodes, if not the entire series - foreboding, chilling, as if there is something very wrong going on. I especially noticed the background music, something that I usually overlook, and how it helped in the establishment of this atmosphere.
Tenoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 21:06   Link #188
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Probably my most anticipated series of this cour, and it didn't disappoint. Something sinister is about, and I can't wait for more.

Now I just hope it doesn't go the way of my other 'frigging awesome first epsiode, fell off hard the rest' that has cursed me for this past year.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 22:17   Link #189
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

any1 knows whats the ED song for this series?
Old 2012-09-30, 22:25   Link #190
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Touma would have a punching fest and a good time lecturing those kids's twisted behaviours .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 23:23   Link #191
Utsuro no Hako

I think these kids could figure out the "Drop rocks from great height" method of attacking Touma.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 01:37   Link #192
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Vibe for me was Noein mixed with Ghost Hound. That's a good thing.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 02:16   Link #193
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I can kind of see where the show might be heading. I don't really feel like watching more of it. I usually do a 3 episode for every show I watch, but if nothing interests me in the first episode then it's aautomatic dropped.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 04:33   Link #194
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This first episode is amazing to me. Intriguing premise, fantastic directing, and great atmosphere... This production has all the ingredients for a wonderful show. Count me in.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 04:41   Link #195
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I like the colors a lot for whatever reason. This show is nice to look at, and the visual tricks are neat.

As for the storytelling, it did a nice job of setting up the world, though at this point we'll just have to see.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-10-01 at 04:53.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 05:13   Link #196
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Fantastic first episode. The creepy and foreboding atmosphere is really gripping.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 10:49   Link #197
klare

i feel eps 1 is interesting, the scary opening scenes, the quietness of small village, the secrets that the adults seem to be hiding and the world settings etc

glad i tried watching, will be following this
Old 2012-10-01, 10:55   Link #198
Dop
Mmmm....

Good first episode which just dropped enough intriguing hints to make me want to know what's really going on. Is the barrier to keep people in or out, what happens to the kids who don't manifest sufficient powers, and what are those cats?

Definitely on my 'to watch' list.

Although it's very hard not to hear that bit of Dvorak's "New World" and not think of bread commercials...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 11:32   Link #199
scr
my sides are in orbit

I'm wondering whether the Slendy monsters are the final stage of people with Curse Powers, and Kamisu 66 is the only place where this degeneration doesn't happen. Does that mean people without Curse Powers are in better situation?

(I have not read the books. Japanese Wikipedia are fair game )
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 11:37   Link #200
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Although it's very hard not to hear that bit of Dvorak's "New World" and not think of bread commercials...
My first thought was of the distorted version used in Penguindrum.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, science fiction, supernatural