AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-03, 20:59   Link #1
inaptitude

Future Boy Conan

I'm honored to be the one to start a new thread concerning the wonderful show that is Future Boy Conan. There is something about Miyazaki, especially *early* Miyazaki, that just makes me warm all over. 'tis a shame the show is not released as an R1 yet. Perhaps it's the cigarette smoking children or the mild gun violence? I assume it is just a matter of time. It would make for a wonderfull xmas box set.

(im)Patientely awaiting the last few episodes,
inapty
inaptitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 22:10   Link #2
animan430

Future Boy Connan is easly one of my favorite series. But then again it is Myazaki so what more do you expect?
animan430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 00:45   Link #3
Rheinhard
Feldmarschall

Send a message via AIM to Rheinhard
I was pleased to see this tiny thread here, now that I just got high speed internet and can download anime via bittorrent and stuff. I was a member of what I believe to be the first group ever to fansub Future Boy Conan, around 1993-94. We called our group The Conan Project and we sent a number of copies out on videotape from our home in Austin. Also our timed scripts were posted on the net, on a FBC web page which regrettably no longer exists based in Stony Brook. I know at least one group which based its recent digisubs off of our original Jacosub timing scripts. It's good to see this early Miyazaki classic getting wider attention now with the digisubs.

(Although I must admit, despite being a fan of bad guys in general, Lepka is one of the most unappealing villains I've ever encountered in any anime show ever!)
Rheinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-09, 13:33   Link #4
OsvalDooM
Inactive Member

Question Future Boy Conan last episodes???

Anyone knows when are this chapters of conan going to be released??? It's not like I'm in a hurry but I really love this serie, loved it as a child and It brings lots of memories to me....So if you know something please let me know, I'll apreciatte that
OsvalDooM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 01:07   Link #5
OsvalDooM
Inactive Member

Future Boy Conan

I was wondering if there is someone working on it, It's been a while since the las release. It was a really good fansub, It would be a shame to waste all taht effort by not releasing the las chapters...
OsvalDooM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 10:52   Link #6
Briareos

There was a thread like this before the Forum restart.

Look at the release dates for the Future Boy Conan torrents on the Animesuki Torrent page. There's been a fair amount of time between each torrent release. The group is doing a wonderful job (please be patient as usual), and the show is great. If I remember correctly, they're students and it is exam time pretty soon!
Briareos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 21:16   Link #7
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsvalDooM
I was wondering if there is someone working on it, It's been a while since the las release. It was a really good fansub, It would be a shame to waste all taht effort by not releasing the las chapters...
If you're really on a hurry, you can get the old fansubs on tape here:
www.sachigumi.com
www.soyokazefans.com
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 08:09   Link #8
googlepeakoil

I'm not sure if I've ever posted to this forum... but I was the bloke who encoded this series. Ducks the stones as people express their annoyance at having to wait more than a year between the start and end of this project!
I'm glad it's found so many fans - I see Animesuki lists 5000-7000 people as having downloaded it!
http://www.prutser.com/anime/future_boy_conan.shtml
of course - going all the way back to when I first posted it (as the version their isnt the first incarnation) it maybe over 10,000 people.
googlepeakoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 13:42   Link #9
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlepeakoil
I'm not sure if I've ever posted to this forum... but I was the bloke who encoded this series. Ducks the stones as people express their annoyance at having to wait more than a year between the start and end of this project!
I'm glad it's found so many fans - I see Animesuki lists 5000-7000 people as having downloaded it!
http://www.prutser.com/anime/future_boy_conan.shtml
of course - going all the way back to when I first posted it (as the version their isnt the first incarnation) it maybe over 10,000 people.
Thank you very much for encoding such a fenomenal series! You have a very good taste.
Old 2006-03-11, 17:18   Link #10
Ragged Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheinhard
I was pleased to see this tiny thread here, now that I just got high speed internet and can download anime via bittorrent and stuff. I was a member of what I believe to be the first group ever to fansub Future Boy Conan, around 1993-94. We called our group The Conan Project and we sent a number of copies out on videotape from our home in Austin.
Wow. I grew up in Austin and totally watched your fansubs of Conan when I was like 13. I used to hang out with college people at the UT club and take out videos. God bless you, and God bless the long-gone good ol' days...
Ragged Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 15:54   Link #11
gsilver

I'm excited to that Live-Evil has picked this one up. Future Boy Conan is one of my favorite animes of all time, and I've been wanting to see how the video from the Revival DVDs looked like.
gsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 16:27   Link #12
tyciol
*Artist

Me too. There are batches out for 1-10 and 11-15 of Live-Evil's newest work! Also there are singles out for 16-22.

Alternative, the group that originally did this (Misc) in 2003 has batches out for 16-18, 19-22 and 23-26. This would be good if anyone starts watching and doesn't want to wait to see if L-E finishes it. I think I might be tempted in that direction, lol.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 23:23   Link #13
gsilver

Conan on Blu-Ray

This is one of my favorite shows, and having it in Blu-Ray quality would be simply fantastic. Live-evil, I love you guys.
Old 2011-12-15, 11:42   Link #14
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Conan in Full HD is the best news in recent years for me. Thanks, Live-Evil!
Old 2011-12-17, 09:49   Link #15
WhiteWings

It was one of the first anime that really left a impression even as a kid. But I haven't seen in a decade so I forgot much about it. Still, if you have never seen you should see it. No question.