AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-25, 14:34   Link #1341
4Tran

I get the feeling that the Persona 4 anime is starting to find its feet. The production qualities are still somewhat on the poor side and the direction is often pretty weak, but the work still manages to be entertaining. Moreover, it doesn't seem to be trying to replicate the original game as much any more, and that's a point in its favor.

Kanji is a good addition to the cast. He manages to be amusing and mixes up the character dynamics a fair bit. Right now, he might be my favorite character. Yuu has also been a lot better in the last few episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Damn my ribs is hurting while watching this eps, they make this adaptation crazier than it was.. I dunno if that's good or not, but that's a great watch.
A show has to be doing something right if it tries for comedy and succeeds in making the audience laugh.
Old 2011-11-25, 14:41   Link #1342
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I get the feeling that the Persona 4 anime is starting to find its feet. The production qualities are still somewhat on the poor side and the direction is often pretty weak, but the work still manages to be entertaining. Moreover, it doesn't seem to be trying to replicate the original game as much any more, and that's a point in its favor.

Kanji is a good addition to the cast. He manages to be amusing and mixes up the character dynamics a fair bit. Right now, he might be my favorite character. Yuu has also been a lot better in the last few episodes.

A show has to be doing something right if it tries for comedy and succeeds in making the audience laugh.
I'm agree, and I think they notch up the comedy to cover some of production issue. (lack of budget/time or both)

I knew if Persona 4 got bad adaptation, at the very least I want its managed to being funny.. and they succeeded at that.
Old 2011-11-25, 19:36   Link #1343
Brimstone
Banned

Persona 4 has officially just gave me the most "laugh-out-loud" moments for the Fall shows And this episode was no different, the [Mysterious Food X] was okay for me, but every thing that came afterwards- especially those that involves...Erm, what's her name again... Ohtani

(Disclaimer: By no means am I discriminating fat people for being fat as I'm sure they just have problems.)

If the day was funny, the night scenes were downright hilarious While I'm sure people are going to get all indignant about the jabs at Kanji's sexuality, it never fails to impress me how the characters in Persona 4 (particularly Narukami and Yousuke) always manages to say the things I wanted to say in my mind, political correctness be damned!

Also, if it isn't obvious enough from the last 2 episodes I like where they're going with the Yousuke-Chie (tsundere-couple) and Narukami-Amagi (Kuudere couple) 'pairing', but at that time it makes sense since there's only 4 of them- now with Rise coming up around the corner, would this change the dynamics of the party? Or with she be lump together with Kanji as underclassmates?

Speaking of Rise, Kugumiya Rie ftw! We need even more unreasonable hatred for this Anime !
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 19:59   Link #1344
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

About Rise, she was based on the real Rie and her real life troubles with being stereo-casted by the industry. Except replace Rise's shy with Rie's "light novel bookworm with megane".

How can you hate that?

I stopped cringing at Rie once I learnt about the person behind the Persona.

*unlocks Lovers Arcana*

*is shot by bazillion fanboys*
Old 2011-11-25, 22:12   Link #1345
Crontica

Haters are gonna hate, if you hate this adaption so much then go back to your Tales of the Abyss.
Old 2011-11-25, 22:13   Link #1346
hikarihikari

I'm pretty sure now that p4 is the best among Octber animes
hikarihikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 22:17   Link #1347
HandofFate

good move integrating the hanged man s.link into the camp trip episode.

Chie and Yukiko in swimsuits was nice.
Old 2011-11-25, 23:17   Link #1348
justsomeguy

Another awesome episode of P4A! The director and writers must have been high this week.

* "The day before the school camping trip!"
* "Persona!"
* "School camping trip, day one!"
* In the game, MC was already well aware that neither of the girls can cook (and got to witness the girls shop for food), and got dialogue options to suggest Yosuke take his share before Mystery Food X was presented.
* In the game, Hanako had her own curry and refused to share any with Yosuke and MC, causing the group to starve for the night.
* Aika, the most useful anime-original character ever!
* I'm not quite sure I liked how Hanged Man was handled, but I remember Naoki was just a depressing person to hang out with, so thank god the writers got that out of the way fast. It feels weird for somebody who was hostile and taciturn in the game to spill his guts out all at once, though. Seriously, an entire Social Link in two minutes!
* "Deduction time!"
* "School camping trip at night..."
* Yuu being an asshole during the tent scene. Yeah, looks like that's how the writers will show his improved Expression. Ingame, it was Yosuke being the sole ass, while MC was his usual silent self.
* The game kept it vague what happened when Kanji stormed the girls' tent, but we get to see the whole thing here.
* Kanji x Hanako. :O
* "School camping trip, day two!"
* Yuu keeps his cool while he's falling in. Makes him seem like a bigger perv, since he keeps staring at Chie and Yukiko the whole time.

I don't know what Seiji Kishi and his writers are smoking, but please, do some more!

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 23:56   Link #1349
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Looks like we'll be getting some nice figurines soon.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 04:02   Link #1350
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
* In the game, Hanako had her own curry and refused to share any with Yosuke and MC, causing the group to starve for the night.
I wish they hadn't changed that. It doesn't matter how much of a glutton you are, Mystery food X is simply not edible. Not a single living being on earth would want to eat it.

Quote:
* Aika, the most useful anime-original character ever!
Isn't she? She's a pretty damn awesome addition. She's very cute, too. I'd love her to play a bigger role later on. She might even make it into The Golden if she proves to be popular enough (I'm sure she already is, as she's voiced by Yuuki Aoi).
Spoiler for Small game spoiler:
Old 2011-11-26, 07:11   Link #1351
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

If I remember rightly the option in game to praise the girl's swimwear was a catch 22 or something such that you take a dip with Yousuke
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 08:10   Link #1352
ookamigirl

The camping trip was kinda fun.
I must admit I miss the usual Persona action.
It was still interesting & fun to watch.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 08:52   Link #1353
Brimstone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san View Post
If I remember rightly the option in game to praise the girl's swimwear was a catch 22 or something such that you take a dip with Yousuke
I saw the video, it was either praise one, or praise both.

I'm assuming you'll gain more 'points' if you're not an indecisive male lead and just pick one
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 09:31   Link #1354
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
I'm assuming you'll gain more 'points' if you're not an indecisive male lead and just pick one
I didn't notice any difference between in choosing the answers... well I can't view how the points are added or I'm even amazed by how come in the net. In walk through, they show how many points was added in social link. I only notice notes flashing between 1-3

The anime is just pure golden that when I watched it. I even forget it's already 2 am.
Old 2011-11-26, 10:50   Link #1355
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Margaret's being pretty flirty lately. Why didn't she do that in the game and have a Social Link? =P

Anyway, nice break from the norm. The whole cooking fiasco was a lot more hilarious watching it animated. Great scene with Kanji to finish it off XD

On a side note, the full OP and ED is out. Anyone catch what Lotus Juice is singing about Twitter at around 2:35 in "Beauty of Destiny"? Something like "So follow the foe, this ain't like Twitter."?

I remember the days when you talked about the internet and computers it was "sad". Now it's the norm because of social networks, on-demand video and music =P
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 11:23   Link #1356
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Good ep, not much more to say. I wouldn't mind if most of the series ends up with a more comedic tone with a few serious episodes thrown in.

Nanako is still as "HHHHNNNNGGGG" inducing as ever. One of my favorite video game characters ever.
Old 2011-11-26, 11:32   Link #1357
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
Margaret's being pretty flirty lately. Why didn't she do that in the game and have a Social Link?
huh? she does have a social link in the game
Old 2011-11-26, 12:09   Link #1358
Azuma Denton
~AD~

I hope that this episode actually gets a event in the upcoming P4 game in Vita...
This episode is so much win...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 12:57   Link #1359
Lukix
. . .

This anime is win. Beat the game 3 times already. For me, this episode was the best so far we had, kinda tired of fighting with personas. Like someone said, I love the way they're going with pairings (Yosuke x Chie is canon pairing! )
Cannot wait for another eps!
Old 2011-11-26, 13:58   Link #1360
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
huh? she does have a social link in the game
So she does. Don't remember coming across it in the game. Maybe I didn't visit the Velvet Room enough ^^;
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy