AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-31, 11:51   Link #241
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhhuywiki View Post
Notice: 31st March for USA and many country, but today is 1st April in Japan
i'm pretty sure that myanimelist aware of that and checked the timezone
Old 2012-03-31, 11:54   Link #242
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
i'm pretty sure that myanimelist aware of that and checked the timezone
Checking the 2ch replies shows that it was publicly available around 00:05 JST 4/1. Regardless of what the website posted, that's when it was available to the public.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-03-31, 12:01   Link #243
relentlessflame

*Administrator

What I assume was supposed to happen is that this was going to be an April Fool's joke, and this is something they had animated on their own so wasn't a "real trailer". And then they'd come back later and say "the trailer was fake, but the fact we're making an anime is real!", which would be a big deal... except for Dengeki's leak. So, since they already had the fake trailer made but the news was already leaked, they figured they'd still post it, but date it on 31 March since the fact that it's really happened is already pretty much known. So the "Dengeki no Baka" thing on Twitter is because Dengeki ruined his prank opportunity.

(The trailer not being from the real production studio would also mean people will have to keep guessing at who will animate the show.)
Old 2012-03-31, 12:05   Link #244
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Yeah the animation in the PV doesn't look like something from the anime. It's basically just animated versions of the CG's from the VN and no other animation.
Old 2012-03-31, 12:13   Link #245
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yes, that definitely did not look like KyoAni or P.A. Works, if legit. It's generic enough and looks decent enough to be A-1, maybe - but my first thought from the look was "JC Staff".
My very first thought was ''mid-tier A-1'' as well, but as totoum pointed out, it's most likely not them since Aniplex aren't involved. My second guess would've been AIC actually, but now that you brought them up, this does look very JC-Staff like. Of course, we can only gather so much from a few seconds of animation, but at this point, it's hard to see anything that would usually scream ''KyoAni'' or ''P.A. Works''.

In any case, it does seem like that what was said in that interview earlier is really the truth: Key might just be looking for some other studio to handle their projects rather than remain tied with KyoAni.
Old 2012-03-31, 12:24   Link #246
rulfo

AIC huh... Definitely not KyoAni so that seals it then.
Old 2012-03-31, 13:08   Link #247
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Checking the 2ch replies shows that it was publicly available around 00:05 JST 4/1. Regardless of what the website posted, that's when it was available to the public.
Looks like MyAnimeList will have some corrections to do.
Old 2012-03-31, 13:09   Link #248
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Key released this to the public last year on April 1st (Japan time).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yegE5ai9abQ

That "OP" turned out to be true.

I'm trying to look for a match for the character styles, particularly the eyes, they seem so familiar, but am having a hard time. Doesn't seem to resemble Clannad Anime, Rewrite OP (White Fox) or Angel Beats(P.A.). I've looked at various other titles, the eyes sort resemble the ones from AnoHana (A-1)...

Having read the VN, and loving it, I was unexpectedly unimpressed by the OP. The characters look so small to me (Or maybe it's just that they look different from anything KyoAni made. Edit: Looks like the girls heads are bigger in comparison to their bodies.). The color looks a little faded compared to the VN. The background with Rin sitting on top of the roof, should be a killer shot, but it is rather undetailed, or blurry. The background shots of the city in KyoAni's works were always breath-taking. The good thing is that they took only shots from the game. So it shows that they are already dedicated to staying with the original story.

I actually thought the animation resembles something J.C. Staff would make too, but the thought of it going to J.C. Staff, when they've made it a point to get KyoAni and P.A. Works in the past, just doesn't seem likely. I thought the Rewrite 2 OP looked rather generic though, so who knows?

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-04-01 at 13:59.
Old 2012-03-31, 13:22   Link #249
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
I'm trying to look for a match for the character styles, particularly the eyes, they seem so familiar, but am having a hard time. Doesn't seem to resemble Clannad Anime, Rewrite OP (White Fox) or Angel Beats(P.A.). I've looked at various other titles, the eyes sort resemble the ones from AnoHana (A-1)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDdX9gE9VsY
Ignoring the eyes and looking at the coloring, it reminds me of this. It might be because I'm desperate though.

Edit: That being said, that trailer makes me doubt White Fox. If we're going off that trailer, I'd probably say KyoAni, A-1, or xebec.
Old 2012-03-31, 13:31   Link #250
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
Key released this to the public last year on April 1st (Japan time).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yegE5ai9abQ

That "OP" turned out to be true.

Actually it does quite resemble Kanon 2006(only a little). For me why I consider this not KyoAni is that I don't find the motion lively at all.
Old 2012-03-31, 13:34   Link #251
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
For me why I consider this not KyoAn is that I don't find the motion lively at all.
Keep in mind that this is only a teaser, and I highly doubt any of the scenes shown will ever be used in an actual production (i.e. they were animated just for this video). So even if this were animated by the real anime studio (which I personally doubt), it's not necessarily indicative of the final work. In fact, if the show's production is only just started, they may not have even decided yet who the character designer will be, etc.

Not that this is going to stop people from speculating wildly anyway... but yeah, it's too soon to jump to conclusions, particularly given that it's 1 April in Japan right now.
Old 2012-03-31, 13:41   Link #252
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Keep in mind that this is only a teaser, and I highly doubt any of the scenes shown will ever be used in an actual production (i.e. they were animated just for this video). So even if this were animated by the real anime studio (which I personally doubt), it's not necessarily indicative of the final work. In fact, if the show's production is only just started, they may not have even decided yet who the character designer will be, etc.

Not that this is going to stop people from speculating wildly anyway... but yeah, it's too soon to jump to conclusions, particularly given that it's 1 April in Japan right now.
But isn't this key's anniversary? And given the track record, they don't troll on these period.

I do agree about the first part though. That's possible.

God... Why can't they just announce the damn studio handling this. Damn marketing antics.
Old 2012-03-31, 13:42   Link #253
Kakkou
Tch.

Riki at 00:30 looked like he came from PapaKiki's anime while I had some Mayo Chiki design vibes from some of the girls. Having said that, I do feel that the PV itself is a hoax. There's just something about a few parts of it that feels off to me... The announcement on the other hand, is very likely 100% true.
Old 2012-03-31, 13:44   Link #254
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
God... Why can't they just announce the damn studio handling this. Damn marketing antics.
I believe it could be because the animation art hasn't been finalised. They will probably name the studio, as soon as they have official screenshots or trailers of the actual anime released to the public.
Old 2012-03-31, 13:54   Link #255
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I'm thinking that the trailer is the April Fools joke as the studio is the second most impt piece of info for this title. People will be speculating on the studio from now until April 10.

Clever marketing tactics imo.
Old 2012-03-31, 14:02   Link #256
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDdX9gE9VsY
Ignoring the eyes and looking at the coloring, it reminds me of this. It might be because I'm desperate though.

Edit: That being said, that trailer makes me doubt White Fox. If we're going off that trailer, I'd probably say KyoAni, A-1, or xebec.
Haha yea. I think it resembles it a little bit? The pupils are big. No closeup of a face though. I'm trying to think who draws that little gradient shading the way they draw it right below Mio's eye as she looks up. Maybe that's a common thing? I don't normally pay so much attention... My first impression was that the eyes looked different because KyoAni normally has two vertical lines as light reflections, but I think that's just them trying to look like the original VN. So maybe there's hope for KyoAni fans.

Quote:
Actually it does quite resemble Kanon 2006(only a little). For me why I consider this not KyoAni is that I don't find the motion lively at all.
I would agree, if that's the type of motion and backgrounds that they use in the real anime, there's no way it could be KyoAni unless their standards dropped by a lot.
Old 2012-03-31, 14:07   Link #257
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm thinking that the trailer is the April Fools joke as the studio is the second most impt piece of info for this title. People will be speculating on the studio from now until April 10.

Clever marketing tactics imo.
And it's clearly very frustrating...

But I guess it's not as bad as oh let's say... Kadokawa's massive trolling.
Old 2012-03-31, 14:16   Link #258
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Is it even standard practice to show animation footage before announcing the studio?
I've seen plenty of PVs done before a studio is announced but I don't remember seeing one with animation footage.

For exemple before PA works was announced to be the studio for angel beats PVs looked like this

That's why seeing something animated without knowing the studio seems fishy to me.
Old 2012-03-31, 14:16   Link #259
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Riki at 00:30 looked like he came from PapaKiki's anime while I had some Mayo Chiki design vibes from some of the girls. Having said that, I do feel that the PV itself is a hoax. There's just something about a few parts of it that feels off to me... The announcement on the other hand, is very likely 100% true.
It certainly feels strange. The announcement they have on their homepage is just the link and a warning that the link has sound. Since I've been visiting their HP everyday the past year for Rewrite news, this just feels weird, they usually have other tidbits and other things to say to hype it up. It's never just a line. It's almost like they want to tease people and make them speculate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattaro View Post
I guess it is a April Fools joke because it's too beautiful to be true and this masked Riki (?) at the end of the trailer
http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/
I was just thinking, how awesome it would be to get to see the mini-game battles animated.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-03-31 at 14:37. Reason: please edit rather than double-posting
Old 2012-03-31, 14:29   Link #260
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
it's most likely not them since Aniplex aren't involved.
Is this for certain? A previous pitch from Aniplex failed, but who's to say that they didn't attempt a second pitch? The availability of studios and talent differs depending on the targeted timeframe, so there's still some chance that Aniplex drew up a new plan that satisfied VisualArt's.

.....which brings us to why KyoAni is the safest bet. For consistent quality, a strong team has to be built for every episode, and where Tokyo is concerned, even the most efficient and best connected studios can struggle to line up desired animators. During any point in time, multiple studios may want to sign on certain individuals for their respective projects, and in-demand animators may have their schedules all booked a year in advance (this doesn't consider the occasional nightmare of overbooking, in which some animators accept more work than they can actually handle to protect themselves during lean times - i.e. what if a project gets delayed/cancelled and they're short on work for months? In this case, the studio has to find a replacement on short notice).

I suspect this may have caused some problems for Aniplex. Even they (and their contracted studios) aren't immune to staffing problems, especially when they're rushing together a team to meet a proposed launch date.
Closed Thread

Tags
anime game, little busters