AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 101 43.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 62 26.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 18.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 7.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.29%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-12, 03:19   Link #481
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Note that our Forum Rules forbid "forum games", so I removed a whole bunch of posts. Please don't post these sorts of things here, but you can go the Social Group instead if you want.
I would love to do this if your link went somewhere besides Invalid Social Group Discussion specified.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 07:00   Link #482
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I would love to do this if your link went somewhere besides Invalid Social Group Discussion specified.
Joining the Social Group should fix that.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 09:35   Link #483
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Ahh, this anime is like my childhood fantasy come true...eh, excluding the whole fighting for your life and so on

The first episode pretty much had me entertained the whole way through, i'm hoping they can keep this anime interesting without over exaggeration things.
Old 2012-07-12, 18:53   Link #484
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstormCaT View Post
I'm guessing it's like the Matrix? in that movie people who get unplugged before getting out is killed instantly.
If thats the case then my argument would be invalid, but from what is told from the first episode the only danger the nerve gear poses its frying the brain with microwaves, anyway my point its that yea, there are plot holes or devices that can ruin a story, but if you go nitpicking details like this you can pretty much restrain from enjoying any work of fiction.
Old 2012-07-17, 16:10   Link #485
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Just caught the first episode and will be watching episode 2 tonight. All i can say is FUCK YEA!!! i am all over this i was hooked right from the beginning and iv managed to pull 3 others to at least watch the first episode
Old 2012-07-17, 23:25   Link #486
supermegasonic

the animation in this episode was stunning to look at in HQ, since i usually stream (just starting hq animes) i hope there's more fight scenes like they were at the end of this episode.
supermegasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 08:16   Link #487
Witch of Uncertainty

Wow, was it boring. This anime seems extremely unoriginal, judging by the first episode. I see a lot of people are claiming that the story is amazing, but that was one terrible opening, imo. Made no sense to me, and these types of stories never work out for me (Sending the charcter to a game world). And the game creator... I was embarrassed after listening to that. Made no sense.
Doubt I'll continue it.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 10:13   Link #488
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
Wow, was it boring. This anime seems extremely unoriginal, judging by the first episode. I see a lot of people are claiming that the story is amazing, but that was one terrible opening, imo. Made no sense to me, and these types of stories never work out for me (Sending the charcter to a game world). And the game creator... I was embarrassed after listening to that. Made no sense.
Doubt I'll continue it.
cool story bro
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 18:41   Link #489
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
Doubt I'll continue it.
Much like the Harry Potter books SAO doesn't have originality as it's core concept. It's the way the author delivers the story to his audience that makes SAO good. How the anime will capture that core essence will be the lynch pin for this adaptation. But it's your choice and you did say this type of story didn't appeal to you. Cheerio
Old 2012-07-23, 12:58   Link #490
Witch of Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
Much like the Harry Potter books SAO doesn't have originality as it's core concept. It's the way the author delivers the story to his audience that makes SAO good. How the anime will capture that core essence will be the lynch pin for this adaptation. But it's your choice and you did say this type of story didn't appeal to you. Cheerio
Well said. Maybe I should give this a bit more of a chance.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 19:59   Link #491
Senshigeia

This series is very promising! I'll watch it from now on

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Senshigeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 22:43   Link #492
Theo

I gotta say, after watching, I'm intrigued. The tension level was through the roof in the 2nd half, though it probably would've benefited greatly with Show Dont Tell in the ending stinger.

Show a KIA counter with the number slowly ticking past 2000 and "1st level INCOMPLETE" instead of just text on a screen.

Looking forward to more.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 14:22   Link #493
Otarusama
{ :

Why oh why did I wait so damn long to start watching this show?? It's so good.

Oh well, at least I have 6 more episodes to blaze through today. : D
Old 2012-09-14, 19:13   Link #494
kitten320

Let me get this straight... A scientist who created 2 great things and is loved by everyone decided to kill off 10 000 kids just for the lulz?

Seriously, is it the only thing his great mind could think of? Instead of creating something new and amazing he decided to become the most creative killer?
For what?

Right now I can't take this guy seriously despite already killing 2000 people. It's just stupid!

There are also too many offs.
200, well already 2000 people have died. The new game was just released so they must've been playing it! There also should be some evidence like game case or something. Shouldn't police stop the guy? 0_o

Another problem, as was said at the start that even if you eat inside the game, your body doesn't actually eat. Won't all players die of hunger and most importantly thirst? What about the toilet?!

You can say that I'm nitpicking but those things are important! It's not just virtual reality, real life and bodies are involved here!
Old 2012-09-14, 19:17   Link #495
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Shouldn't police stop the guy? 0_o
They definitely should. Since he hasn't been captured by then (the timeskip), I think it's fairly safe to assume that he is in hiding, and the police/or whatever has had no luck in finding him.

Quote:
Another problem, as was said at the start that even if you eat inside the game, your body doesn't actually eat. Won't all players die of hunger and most importantly thirst? What about the toilet?!
Well, this was something that was left out of the anime, so..

Spoilers
Spoiler for Light novel comparison (volume 1)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-09-14, 19:40   Link #496
kitten320

^Ok, I guess that makes sense. But it better be explored -_-

Now that's a crucial information! You can't just ignore it! Besides fitting almost 10 000 people in hospitals isn't that easy either =/
Old 2012-09-14, 19:43   Link #497
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Besides fitting almost 10 000 people in hospitals isn't that easy either =/
Well, it's either that, or they'd have to leave them to their own devices (which.. would amount to death, most likely).
Old 2012-09-14, 19:59   Link #498
kitten320

Can you spoil me a bit? Do we ever see what is happening in real world or only virtual one?
Old 2012-09-14, 20:02   Link #499
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Can you spoil me a bit? Do we ever see what is happening in real world or only virtual one?
I'll answer this question in the Q&A thread.
Old 2012-09-14, 20:08   Link #500
kitten320

Ok, thanks

Tags
sci-fi, shonen