AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-24, 09:23   Link #1301
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
That's something to be told yet. We don't even know if he was killed or if he died surpassing all the limits of his power and thus killing himself. But if he was killed, whoever killed him must be terribly strong.

As you said, Cruz's "awakening", apart from symbolic meaning (bible), unlocked some restrictions located in his brain.

And yeah, there's no divine powers, Aruka stated clear. Same goes for The Second, all the powers involve the use of brain.

Needless powers are awakenes by unlocking unused areas of the brain. That means that if Cruz has as it looks like it's , all the powers, right now he only would have access to the low level ones. Unlocking stronger powers need more than just a lock, and Missing Link type need many locks unlocked simultaneously, and that's something Blade can't do no matter what. Arclight on the other hand can, because he has the evolved Zero born from the remains of Christ The Second.
I don't think its impossible for Blade, just takes longer, he is fairly smart when it comes to using his powers, especially with combination.

If I were to sum up Cruz's current abilities I would say so far he has:

Fire resistance (PF zero blast im sure generated a large amount of heat)
Water/Ice resistance (Hatfield water laser damaging but not piercing Cruz)
Enhanced Skeletal structure (Surviving that fall without breaking bones, he still shows he can be cut and open old wounds easily so his flesh is still mostly normal. The crater impact suggest he didn't slow himself down in any way)
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 09:30   Link #1302
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Fire resistance (PF zero blast im sure generated a large amount of heat)
To me it looked like he escaped using insane speed. Mio was nearby him when she recovered consciousness.

Quote:
Water/Ice resistance (Hatfield water laser damaging but not piercing Cruz)
Sounds more like he enhaced his muscles or hardened his arm protectors.

Quote:
Enhanced Skeletal structure (Surviving that fall without breaking bones, he still shows he can be cut and open old wounds easily so his flesh is still mostly normal. The crater impact suggest he didn't slow himself down in any way)
He slowed himself in order to cushion his fall, that's pretty obvious, or else the crater would have been bigger.

And you forgot when Aruka tried to kill him for the second time:

http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...5?t=1259072998

Notice his right arm pointing at her.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 09:48   Link #1303
Sekirei07

Quote:
To me it looked like he escaped using insane speed. Mio was nearby him when she recovered consciousness.
but wasn't he half buried in the ground when Mio found him? Plus it looked like he was in mid air right before the blast. Also can we really count this? I mean Gido survived the first blast better than the young Blade and Eve and if he survives this one it wouldnt make Cruz's all that strange right? I mean since we know 100% that Gido is normal

Quote:
Sounds more like he enhaced his muscles or hardened his arm protectors.
I don't think he enhanced his muscles due to him almost ruining his arm when he tried to lift up Eve when they were in that life or death situation underground. Maybe enhancing the arm protector but that thing was held together by tape and I dont think we have seen a Needless that could enhance stuff, manipulate/control yes or improve their own body, but not enhance.

Quote:
He slowed himself in order to cushion his fall, that's pretty obvious, or else the crater would have been bigger.
This I don't think coming from a terrible real life example. Few years ago a man climbed up tallest building in town (houston, Williams tower, which is the largest skyscraper outside of a downtown district in the world) without a rope. Towards the top he slipped and fell and landed on the grass. Didnt die on impact but later. Anyways I went few days later and saw the crater. It was somewhat human shape and not very deep at 900+ feet drop. Cruz was a solid circle, so it seemed that his force of impact was even greater than that.

But than again im comparing real life to manga, plus that image has some errors in it like with the vanishing backpack.

Quote:
And you forgot when Aruka tried to kill him for the second time:

http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...5?t=1259072998

Notice his right arm pointing at her.
That was maybe intimidation? Its kinda reflexive to try and stop any force coming at you by sticking your hand in the way. Aruka also said it was "him", but did not mention Cruz by name which is odd. She didnt even look at anyone, which is something you would normally do if someone was interfering with you.

Last edited by Sekirei07; 2009-11-24 at 11:46.
Old 2009-11-24, 12:11   Link #1304
Homura7

Quote:
but wasn't he half buried in the ground when Mio found him? Plus it looked like he was in mid air right before the blast. Also can we really count this? I mean Gido survived the first blast better than the young Blade and Eve and if he survives this one it wouldnt make Cruz's all that strange right? I mean since we know 100% that Gido is normal
Mio told him she was saved by someone, adding she only could see his hands due to the flash of the blast. When she woke up, Cruz was there with her.

Quote:
That was maybe intimidation? Its kinda reflexive to try and stop any force coming at you by sticking your hand in the way. Aruka also said it was "him", but did not mention Cruz by name which is odd. She didnt even look at anyone, which is something you would normally do if someone was interfering with you.
Aruka said "that person". Obviously she didn't mean Arclight.

But anyway, all those examples with Cruz surviving through many death certain situations only have an explanation. There's no divine powers in Needless, so what's left? Obviously, he used needless powers, just he isn't aware of it... yet.

One last thing. Arclight ordered all his subordinates not kill Cruz if someone find him. However, among them there's one who's not gonna obey that order: Saten.
Old 2009-11-24, 12:15   Link #1305
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
With that fall? He didnt cushen himself and how the fk do you know the crater would be bigger from the fall? Shouldnt invent your own ideas about the crater should be bigger its already big enough. And to add to it he doesnt have anything broken... So im asuming he either got a different structure like Blades or he used a power, but it cant be graviton since he wouldnt even touch the ground if he did. Perhaps it could be Mios since shes rather robust with her Power fragment.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 12:22   Link #1306
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca12nag3 View Post
With that fall? He didnt cushen himself and how the fk do you know the crater would be bigger from the fall? Shouldnt invent your own ideas about the crater should be bigger its already big enough. And to add to it he doesnt have anything broken... So im asuming he either got a different structure like Blades or he used a power, but it cant be graviton since he wouldnt even touch the ground if he did. Perhaps it could be Mios since shes rather robust with her Power fragment.
Could be too. Either way, Power or Gravitation, he used a power.

But now you say, it's most likely the Power fragment. Gravitation works this way:

http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...6?t=1259083243

So, using logic, the power used to stop Aruka, not Telekinesis but... Fragance perhaps? It's low-level class.

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-11-24 at 12:32.
Old 2009-11-24, 12:51   Link #1307
shadowii

Quote:

But now you say, it's most likely the Power fragment. Gravitation works this way:

So, using logic, the power used to stop Aruka, not Telekinesis but... Fragance perhaps? It's low-level class.
guys i think your being a little too relient on fragments we've already seen, battle skills mangas are kept fresh by adding new powers (and if Cruz supposedly did have all powers its a long list).

She may have meant arclight: line starts with him and encompasses anyone else in needless other than the heroes because thats how descriptive "that person" is. and somehow I doubt we've seen all the characters that are relevent to the over all story.

also guys about the glowing hand
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/45010/24
first we see the hand, then we see Cruz. Could mean absolutely anything (two pans, different people etc) but I feel its worth mentioning
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 13:10   Link #1308
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
guys i think your being a little too relient on fragments we've already seen, battle skills mangas are kept fresh by adding new powers (and if Cruz supposedly did have all powers its a long list).

She may have meant arclight: line starts with him and encompasses anyone else in needless other than the heroes because thats how descriptive "that person" is. and somehow I doubt we've seen all the characters that are relevent to the over all story.

also guys about the glowing hand
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/45010/24
first we see the hand, then we see Cruz. Could mean absolutely anything (two pans, different people etc) but I feel its worth mentioning
I'm going search previous pages and find Cruz and Mio's talk.

That Arclight came after that event, it was an attempt to make the readers believe it was him who stopped Aruka, but not gonna fall in that trap
Old 2009-11-24, 13:15   Link #1309
shadowii

here it is, seriously this has to be one of my favorite moments in needless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBladeX View Post
No worries, this gives me an opportunity to brush up on my chinese

Spoiler for volume 8:

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-11-24 at 13:35.
Old 2009-11-24, 13:16   Link #1310
Sekirei07

Quote:

Isnt the idea Gravitation saving him impossible due to the laws of physics?

I mean controlling how gravity affects you could only have saved him if he did it at the very start of the fall. Once you gain speed lowering gravity wont cause you to go any slower, just slows down your velocity. So the longer you wait before you used it the harder you would hit the ground.

Anyone ever wonder about Seto's Gyro gravitation and what the hell are those spike fingers that shot out of the ground are? I mean always talks about the Reaper but that is just a facade. How can gravity control create those things?
Old 2009-11-24, 13:25   Link #1311
Adam Cruz

Hmm the page after the glowing hand panel reminded me that Cruz still has that scar. As for Gyro Gravitation... i never really understood that part about those "earth claws" either.

As for Cruz, imagine if Cruz never had a fragment and its God himself that have been protecting him. I would rage more than that time when I watched/read some NTR and wanted to kill the author.
Adam Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 13:36   Link #1312
shadowii

Fall in the school: am sure was not gravitation because then he would have fallen lightly to the ground without making a crator, think mio on blade's head while carrying the giant bunny.

Fragrence, mabye but most of kuchinashi's fragrences have been visable to the naked eye. Also Fragrences weakness is that its hard to control and direct, Kuchinashi doesnt seem to be able to without her fan.

And if we're debating that missing link fragments would be harder to unlock, according to the japanese wikipedia on needless Mio is a missing link.

I thinks its better to clasify Cruz circumstance as unknown right now.

Adam Cruz, you want to rage about something rage about how tamed up that scene is in the anime, there he just has a spike scar on his chest. And in the manga the scar on his chest was made by Eve when she doppleganged in to save him, the scar across his arm is Aruka's. Also in the anime when Aruka goes for a second kill Cruz blast, the camera pans to her rather than him when she froze.

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-11-24 at 14:00.
Old 2009-11-24, 13:52   Link #1313
Sekirei07

Yeah, Aruka completely cleaved off Cruz arm in the manga to get the chip in his hand.

Sigh, cant wait for the next episode to come out today. four left to go in the season. Has anyone heard if they will keep going into season 3 After the PF Zero blast?

Quote:
One last thing. Arclight ordered all his subordinates not kill Cruz if someone find him. However, among them there's one who's not gonna obey that order: Saten.
Isn't Cruz the last person Saten would even give a damn about? Well he did tech save his life twice (kicking Kurumi/him to blade and giving Eve chance to heal him) Or wait not going to follow as in just do what he wants i.e. go after Eve.
Old 2009-11-24, 13:58   Link #1314
shadowii

^
we're on episode 21 and there are only 24 episodes
I hope not for a while because then they would have to load it with fillars. Which wouldnt be bad if they did some more Cruz and Mio solo adventures. But as I said before: only if they are good and 95% of anime fillars are Abominations.

Mio and Cruz who's combination is described here
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/45014/1
Old 2009-11-24, 14:05   Link #1315
Sekirei07

Quote:
^
we're on episode 21 and there are only 24 episodes
I hope not for a while because then they would have to load it with fillars. Which wouldnt be bad if they did some more Cruz and Mio solo adventures. But as I said before: only if they are good and 95% of anime fillars are Abominations.

Mio and Cruz who's combination is described here
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/45014/1
not quite, they could pull out many stories from the Needless 0 chapters. They did that with the Sacred Sword chapter. The perfect chance to tell those stories is when Mio and Cruz were talking at that camp fire and Cruz recollected how his life with Blade was like.

Those tech wouldnt be fillers since its part of the original work right?

Season three could throw in a couple of those and make it to the end of the killer girl arc. Than a season four could get to the end of Hatfield. That would be another 24 episodes which would give 7 more chapter releases? It could be a 48-50 episode anime if material from all the works was used.

At the very least they have more than enough to make it to the end of the Hatfield arc without gross amounts of fillers.
Old 2009-11-24, 14:11   Link #1316
shadowii

also despite a different opening and ending needless is all pretty much season one sekieri. all the episodes are going together in one DVD boxset. 12 disks two episodes each with two minutes of a unique adventure that sees Yamada-ko and a full bodied Disk at St. rose.

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-11-24 at 14:30.
Old 2009-11-24, 14:16   Link #1317
Sekirei07

Quote:
also despite a different opening and ending needless is all pretty much season one sekieri all the episodes are going together in one DVD boxset. 12 disks two episodes each with two minutes of a unique adventure that sees Yamada-ko and a full bodied Disk at St. rose
^ not sure im following with that but wasnt it announced that Needless was originally only going to be 13 ep long? oh and mentioning Sekirei, thats a good example I mean it took a break from season two to give the manga time to catch up.

Im just hopeful for the Mio/Cruz arc since they showed at the end of the opening Cruz alone going into the unknown of the PF Zero blast and at the ending showing Yamada-ko.
Old 2009-11-24, 14:18   Link #1318
Homura7

Quote:
Isn't Cruz the last person Saten would even give a damn about? Well he did tech save his life twice (kicking Kurumi/him to blade and giving Eve chance to heal him) Or wait not going to follow as in just do what he wants i.e. go after Eve.
The last person you say?!!! If not for Saten, Blade would never have recovered, if not for Saten, Blade wouldn't have defeated Aruka, if not for Saten, Cruz would be dead.

Cruz (and Eve) is the whole reason of Saten's moves in Third Shelter. It's Arclight who does not give a damn, and meanwhile, Saten is again doing things on his own while the dictator keeps sleeping in his life suport crystal.

But don't worry, Adam Cruz, there're no divine powers in Needless, wich means each time Cruz survived was the work of some power
Old 2009-11-24, 14:30   Link #1319
Sekirei07

Quote:
The last person you say?!!! If not for Saten, Blade would never have recovered, if not for Saten, Blade wouldn't have defeated Aruka, if not for Saten, Cruz would be dead.
no no what I was saying from the quote was that I do not believe Saten wants to kill Cruz. The post I had quoted said that Arclight wants Cruz alive and you said that Saten would be the one person not to follow that order, making it sound like you are saying that Saten WILL kill Cruz. Thats just how I took what yea wrote.

I just think Saten has little interest in Cruz and is all about the Eve. He probably did not want Cruz to die because that would make Eve hate him even more.
Old 2009-11-24, 14:30   Link #1320
shadowii

About Saten, he's the mystery man so his motives are........... a mystery. He shown to have a great intrest in Eve and wont beat her severly (just enough to maintain cover), He has an intrest in blade and made sure Blade got up to Arclight (so using him for his own ends could be bulk of it). He withheld information from Arclight before he was even sure who the duo were. While by itself there is no evidence that Saten is intrested in Cruz (never mentions him, basically told the trio keep Cruz alive if you can, the one time he talked to Cruz he called him a dog, letting Eve save him could be seen as getting into Eve's good graces) there is one scene in the whole manga, however, where he is cleary concerned about Cruz's well being.
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/45059/152
But he did let Aruka nearly kill him in the first place so.... unknown. He even has another move in his thermal power called the fifth wave that is unknown.
The anime is showing him working with the 666 commission but that could be just a complete branch off from the manga as Saten is with Arclight there.
I already made my guess about who he is.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen