AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2017-05-20, 18:43   Link #16841
Saravis4

Wow, I'm impressed. Fairy Tail has really outdone itself this chapter. Two major disappointments in one chapter, that's very impressive. In all seriousness though, I cannot believe that Acnologia has been defeated. This does not feel like Acnologia has been defeated. We need the dragonslayers to actually slay a dragon.

With that said, Zeref's defeat is a horrible disappointment, kind of sad really. There was a lot of potential with what it could have taken to defeat Zeref, but all that was cast aside in favor of ass pull power.
Old 2017-05-20, 19:01   Link #16842
ImperialFlameGod8190

It was a disappointing end but not shocking. Let's see if the last 10 is worth it

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-20, 23:36   Link #16843
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravis4 View Post
Wow, I'm impressed. Fairy Tail has really outdone itself this chapter. Two major disappointments in one chapter, that's very impressive. In all seriousness though, I cannot believe that Acnologia has been defeated. This does not feel like Acnologia has been defeated. We need the dragonslayers to actually slay a dragon.

With that said, Zeref's defeat is a horrible disappointment, kind of sad really. There was a lot of potential with what it could have taken to defeat Zeref, but all that was cast aside in favor of ass pull power.
well with 10 chapters still left there is a chance that Acno could survive albeit weakened. Thats a lot of chapters to wrap things up.
Old 2017-05-21, 22:27   Link #16844
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
well with 10 chapters still left there is a chance that Acno could survive albeit weakened. Thats a lot of chapters to wrap things up.
he was sent to another dimension if he comes back that would be worse

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2017-05-23, 06:34   Link #16845
Ultragunner

u gotta give Hiro some props, he is one of the most consistent mangaka ever...consistently bad that is
Old 2017-05-23, 06:45   Link #16846
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
u gotta give Hiro some props, he is one of the most consistent mangaka ever...consistently bad that is
I swear it's a curse of the big 4 (though i've ignored One piece for so long that i don't know if it applies). Bleach and Naruto both had the same problem and it's a nasty problem to have. You make an enemy so OP that nothing logical can beat it and it forces you into a ridiculous asspull. In fact Bleach did it twice. First with Aizen and then Juha Bach. Naruto did it with Madara and FT has done it twice with the Spriggan's and of course Zeref himself. It's a strange problem because other stories have generally gotten around it.

Old 2017-05-24, 14:22   Link #16847
XFire
150% done

Zeref loses to a literal nakama punch and the invincible Acnologia is killed by running it into a plot device.

Can we move back to Rave Master now?
Old 2017-05-24, 14:38   Link #16848
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I swear it's a curse of the big 4 (though i've ignored One piece for so long that i don't know if it applies). Bleach and Naruto both had the same problem and it's a nasty problem to have. You make an enemy so OP that nothing logical can beat it and it forces you into a ridiculous asspull. In fact Bleach did it twice. First with Aizen and then Juha Bach. Naruto did it with Madara and FT has done it twice with the Spriggan's and of course Zeref himself. It's a strange problem because other stories have generally gotten around it.
But FT just throws logic to the curb in the first place. There's no real meaning behind any of the nakama power ups. And by that, I mean that we've heard the speeches time and time again. There's nothing wrong with emotions being used in big situations and fights, but Mashima can only seem to use it for every single fight. It's such a shame too, I thought this series had a pretty good start.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-24, 23:01   Link #16849
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

As Mashima had said, Fairy Tail had always been about adventure. It's clear that he wasn't as eager as driving the story into warfare situations compared to the earlier arcs that involved adventure.

I personally think that FT would have been better if it tackled with the same kind of plot as RAVE, with each arc caused directly by bumping into an antagonist-of-the-arc, but it would be confronted with the issue of originality in plot.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-25, 00:42   Link #16850
Clipens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I don't agree. Zeref's power is related to his psychological status and his contradictions affect his followers (every Spriggan was defeated because a contradictory decision).
The real problem of Fairy tail is the excessive number of main characters.
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-25, 04:47   Link #16851
Azurial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipens View Post
I don't agree. Zeref's power is related to his psychological status and his contradictions affect his followers (every Spriggan was defeated because a contradictory decision).
The real problem of Fairy tail is the excessive number of main characters.
Yea the Main Character is too many.....the entire fucking guild all of the member got the plot armor that madara cant even penetrate it . Especially Erza bs character i bet she can tank Madara meteor and come out saying ops a piece of my bone broke and one shot him after that. Everytime an op antagonist got beaten i alway laugh because of how stupid it is just like this chapter where two the unkillable and unbeatable got beatable in one chapter XD (╯°□°)╯︵(\ .o.)\
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-25, 17:26   Link #16852
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

The only main characters are Natsu and Lucy for all purposes, but Mashima just gives everyone else in the guild the same level of plot armor. It's pretty hilarious when you think about it.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-26, 00:14   Link #16853
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Spoiler for 537:
Old 2017-05-26, 00:18   Link #16854
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Spoiler for 537:
Oh God, what the hell did he do now?
Old 2017-05-26, 00:56   Link #16855
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Oh God, what the hell did he do now?
Something extremely stupid i presume.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-26, 01:05   Link #16856
Azurial

So people speculate that Mavis will free Zeref from his curse and the fate of Anna and Ichiya inside christina im FUCKING sure they're wearing Plot Armor vest right now (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ How many times will does make of a character in FT that is going to die but live next chapter later.

Welp i deleted since this not spoiler thread but....next is stupidly that should not be even made.

Last edited by Azurial; 2017-05-26 at 01:37.
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-26, 01:06   Link #16857
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Spoiler for 537:
I was too curious not to check what was happening but all I can say is: F*ck you, Hiro.
Old 2017-05-26, 01:27   Link #16858
MAX_COLA_POWER!

You know you could've just used the spoiler tab and not posted a pic. We were trying to not talk about the spoilers until the chapter came out hence the secrecy.

Last edited by MAX_COLA_POWER!; 2017-05-26 at 02:23.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-26, 07:24   Link #16859
B214

It didn't disappoint for sure on the bad side.

Moving on to the remaining 9 chapters.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-26, 08:49   Link #16860
ImperialFlameGod8190

*BLEEGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH That was awful just awful. Why Why Why

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen