AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-08, 19:53   Link #8541
Midonin
Last Engage

There's a disturbing mentality in here against any opinion that's not the norm.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 19:53   Link #8542
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'm going to agree with Hayashi here... I suspect those two aren't leads of harems

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 19:55   Link #8543
Inmortal_Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
... must I keep repeating myself?

You're overlooking the simple fact that this is a HAREM. Once you get that through your head, then this might be more understandable. Until we reach the end, Tsukune's going to want to protect all the girls and of course naturally want to get stronger to do that (okay, so that's actually the shounen aspect to this series). Sure, this stuff does fit under cliche... but as I keep repeating, this is a harem + shounen series.
ok.. ok..

Quote:
If you don't want to have to deal with the stuff that these genres encompass, then I highly suggest you go find another series to read that isn't either of these elements.
what dou you mean, especifically

Quote:
And also... for your other male leads, am I right in guessing that those series also have many more chapters? If so, it simply means that they've been developed more. Tsukune still has plenty of room for development, and considering how many elements this story has to juggle, I say he's doing quite well
yeah that's true (301 of Berserk and the mangaka decides to go for a moe game... T_T )
Inmortal_Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 19:55   Link #8544
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I can't think of any one that are better than Tsukune right now, let alone two. Everytime I watch an anime or read a manga, I only take interest in the female characters. The male characters are typically ornaments.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 19:58   Link #8545
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Actually, the two are from a harem; third one isn't...

But hell, I'm backing off now. I was just posting my opinion on the chapter; I didn't expect this kind of reaction.

I'm sorry, all right? I'm going now. I'm sorry I said anything and I'll go now. Just forget I was even here. I'm sorry, and I'm gone.

See ya.
Old 2009-04-08, 20:01   Link #8546
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

*headdesk/facepalm*

I won't deny that you're entitled to your opinion, Radiant... but what you did was bash the series in a thread full of R+V fanatics. That's the equivalent of poking a hornet's nest and not expecting to get stung

but I'm still curious as to who the two are, if you're still sticking around here

Old 2009-04-08, 20:02   Link #8547
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Actually, the two are from a harem; third one isn't...

But hell, I'm backing off now. I was just posting my opinion on the chapter; I didn't expect this kind of reaction.

I'm sorry, all right? I'm going now. I'm sorry I said anything and I'll go now. Just forget I was even here. I'm sorry, and I'm gone.

See ya.
lol, no need to apologize. Its all in good conversation. Although its true that I do want to know who you think is better than Tsukune.
Old 2009-04-08, 20:07   Link #8548
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Meh.

Shiki - Tsukihime, which in its origin was a harem game, though the manga and anime follow Arcueid's game route. Anime goes with her True End, while I'm still following the manga.

Shirou - Fate/Stay Night, also an original game that was a harem. The anime follows the Fate scenario, while I hear the manga follows Unlimited Blade Works.

On a non-harem note, I also like Chrno more than Tsukune, but it doesn't really help that he's a tragic character in comparison.
Old 2009-04-08, 20:14   Link #8549
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

... problem:

You're pulling from TYPE-MOON universe. It has already been established that those series have characters with about 10000x more power than most other series.

Spoiler for just in case you don't know about those series:

But still, just don't bash Tsukune. I've read far too many harems where the guy only has the girls loving him because he's a nice guy. Tsukune finally manages to actually be one hell of a male lead in a harem (and tbh, I can't say much about Tsukihime, but F/SN turns into more of a triangle than a harem, from what I understand)

Plus I have my own issues with the TYPE-MOON stuff as it is. Only thing I find them useful for is their CG sets...

Old 2009-04-08, 20:16   Link #8550
Midonin
Last Engage

I think that was criticism, not bashing.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 20:19   Link #8551
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Magin, you asked, and I told you. I have no interest in the differences between Type-moon and other fandoms, those are the guys I tend to prefer over Tsukune.

And actually, in a fight, Tsukune could probably hold his own against Shirou. Probably. More than likely. Assuming Shirou doesn't have access to UBW, which he doesn't in Fate and Heaven's Feel, Tsukune could probably take him.

Dude, you asked. *shrug* Don't ask me to tell you and then criticize me when I do about what fandom they come from.

Last edited by RadiantBeam; 2009-04-08 at 20:22. Reason: Misspelled 'criticize'. God, I suck.
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 20:25   Link #8552
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:

Meh.

Shiki - Tsukihime, which in its origin was a harem game, though the manga and anime follow Arcueid's game route. Anime goes with her True End, while I'm still following the manga.

Shirou - Fate/Stay Night, also an original game that was a harem. The anime follows the Fate scenario, while I hear the manga follows Unlimited Blade Works.

On a non-harem note, I also like Chrno more than Tsukune, but it doesn't really help that he's a tragic character in comparison.
Shiro? really? He's probably one of the most hated protagonist in the anime community. I didn't care too much for him, everytime I expected a GAR moment from him he fails.

Didn't care much for Tsukihime, sickly little boys who end up with powers just kinda meh...

Chrno is ok, he seems disinterested most of the time. Didn't really like the fact that he can't use his powers though.
Old 2009-04-08, 20:51   Link #8553
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Shiro? really? He's probably one of the most hated protagonist in the anime community. I didn't care too much for him, everytime I expected a GAR moment from him he fails.
Really? Shirou is one of my favorite protagonists for some reason.

Quote:
Didn't care much for Tsukihime, sickly little boys who end up with powers just kinda meh...
Can't argue with that, though I think he was born with his power so it's hard to say. >>;;

Quote:
Chrno is ok, he seems disinterested most of the time. Didn't really like the fact that he can't use his powers though.
Chrno didn't use his power because it was directly tied to Rosette's lifespan, and he didn't want her to die. If Rosette's life hadn't been shortened every time he transformed he would have probably used his powers a lot more often.
Old 2009-04-08, 20:52   Link #8554
Johnny
Working the bags...

I don't mind to see Tsukune struggle one bit. In fact I'd rather see him depressed for a chapter or two. Over him waking up one morning and being untouchable to even god himself...

It be nice to see Tsukune profess his undying love to Moka. However, I see the writer's point of view with continuing the holy crap love me longtime Tsukune. It sells...I honestly don't see him man up until were close to the end, but I could be wrong...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 20:54   Link #8555
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Really? Shirou is one of my favorite protagonists for some reason.

Can't argue with that, though I think he was born with his power so it's hard to say. >>;;

Chrno didn't use his power because it was directly tied to Rosette's lifespan, and he didn't want her to die. If Rosette's life hadn't been shortened every time he transformed he would have probably used his powers a lot more often.
Yeah people always say Shiro completely ruined Fate Stay Night. Although I don't feel as extreme about it, I only watched it for Rin and Saber.

Shiki got his powers from an accident that damaged his vision.

Well, I know about Chrno's predicament already, and because he couldn't go all badassery when he wanted to, made the show more about Rosetta, so he became an Ornament.
Old 2009-04-08, 20:57   Link #8556
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Yeah people always say Shiro completely ruined Fate Stay Night. Although I don't feel as extreme about it, I only watched it for Rin and Saber.
Awww, but I liked Shirou when he was with Saber... *shot for being such a blatant Shirou/Saber fan*

Quote:
Shiki got his powers from an accident that damaged his vision.
I was referring more to his instinctive knowledge on how to kill as a member of the Nanaya clan, and personally I wouldn't be surprised if his Mystic Eyes have something to do with it... dammit, I wish chapter 58 would be posted already. o__o

Quote:
Well, I know about Chrno's predicament already, and because he couldn't go all badassery when he wanted to, made the show more about Rosetta, so he became an Ornament.
Depends on which version... in the manga he was extremely kick-ass even though he didn't use his powers so much. He kind of got shafted in the anime... hell, I liked the anime, but overall it was a major shaft to the original manga itself, which is sad. The manga had some wonderful moments that would have been so powerful animated.
Old 2009-04-08, 21:02   Link #8557
kakakka

So comparing this stuff (which doesn't have that much chapters) to Type-Moon stuff (two of which have plot and characters already made by the game) now? Seriously....

Also, those two are not harem types like Rosario+Vampire so...yeah...

Anyway, Shiki is probably one of my favourite male (manga) lead...I just like him. Maybe Shirou too.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 21:04   Link #8558
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Actually, I've never played the original games, so...
Old 2009-04-08, 21:07   Link #8559
kakakka

Same here.

But I can't deny the animes and mangas of FS/Night and Tsukuhime already have their structure worked for them from the games.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 21:09   Link #8560
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Same here.

But I can't deny the animes and mangas of FS/Night and Tsukuhime already have their structure worked for them from the games.
Yay! I'm not alone in my 'never played the original game'!

Yeah, I know, but I never really thought of it that way because I didn't actually know about the original sources until I'd finished the animes and was where I am now in the manga series.

I didn't know anything until I looked it up on Wiki...

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire