Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-05-31, 18:12   Link #221
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, because lynch mobs are so impartial and fair.
They are obviously called differently because they are not the same thing, didn't I already say it, everyone keeps pushing the "vengence" label on everything just because its vialonce.

Two more things, I wasn't talking about Koinzell in particular and second, this is all something you would need to come to understand yourself; if you disagree (though I'm only hearing common brainwashing rather then your motives) that's fine, everything has its little positive side.
Old 2009-05-31, 18:35   Link #222
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
They are obviously called differently because they are not the same thing,
What are you talking about?

I referred to lynch mobs because they're the ultimate expression of "the common people" taking justice into their own hands.

Quote:
didn't I already say it, everyone keeps pushing the "vengence" label on everything just because its vialonce.
What everything? And hey, if you come after someone because he's hurt you and you want to hurt him back, it's vengeance. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but that's pretty much what the word means.

Quote:
Two more things, I wasn't talking about Koinzell in particular and second, this is all something you would need to come to understand yourself;
What "all"?

Quote:
if you disagree (though I'm only hearing common brainwashing rather then your motives)
First, accusing someone of being brainwashed just because he happens to disagree with you is not a good way to be taken seriously. Second, I'm not sure I'm disagreeing with you, because I'm not sure what it is you're trying to say.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the notion of public interest is absent of your vision of the world, which makes it easier to confuse justice and vengeance. You also completely neglect the problem of subjectivity when you say a vengeance has to be "just". Different societies have different laws, and within one society people have different opinions over said laws, because everyone's got different ideas of what's "just".

I'd like to point out that even in cultures that allow and encourage revenge, there are guidelines over when one should go for it, and how to reconcile two parties. One can't just decide on one's own to kill someone else over some real or imagined offense.

Quote:
that's fine, everything has its little positive side.
What positive side? What are you talking about? Our disagreeing? Your side of the argument? Mine?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 07:58   Link #223
Sol Falling

Cats is saying that 'vengeance is wrong' is simply part of more general 'violence is bad, world peace yay' dogma.

The thing is, the point behind 'vengeance doesn't achieve anything' isn't really about the 'victim' i.e. receiver of vengeance but the avenger him/her/it-self. The idea is, if you're a generally decent person who doesn't actually enjoy inflicting pain for its own sake, then after you achieve your vengeance, you'll feel kinda empty and not know what to do anymore. Vengeance doesn't achieve anything aside from transient emotional satisfaction, so if there are great personal costs to it (i.e. vengeance forces somebody to make sacrifices they normally wouldn't) then in the end it may not feel worth it.

With regards to vengeance in Ubel Blatt, I don't think anybody's condemning Koinzell's vengeance as amoral. Destroy a country or whatever, it's clear enough that this is too much of a grey issue. However, there is nothing wrong with emphasizing that Koinzell himself recognizes the damage his vengeance will cause, and realizing that this disregard for inflicting pain on innocents makes Koinzell think less of himself as a person.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 09:22   Link #224
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Koinzell has stated several times that he knows what he is doing is going to screw with the country. He says that he'll receive his punishment when all the Heroes are dead...but until then don't get in his way.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if/when all the Heroes are dead and the Calamity approaches...will Koinzell even feel like he has a reason to live anymore? Or will he leave the upcoming battles to the new generation (Ifkes?)...
Old 2009-06-04, 17:06   Link #225
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Ch. 70 is out thx to Suvi, Iorin and Ichiya.
Old 2009-06-11, 08:38   Link #226
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Chp 71 is out.
Spoiler for 71:
Old 2009-06-11, 08:47   Link #227
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Not like he can pull 4-6 swords out of his ass to stop the man, the legend, Koinzell.
Old 2009-06-11, 09:45   Link #228
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
koinzell is such a badass.

I wonder if the manga will end when koinzell kills all the heroes. somehow I see a plot twist heading our way..seeing as how hes going to the meeting of the 10 kings of the round table, along with the noblewoman.

I hope he gets rehabilitated before he dies.

Also love all the politics between the heroes. We're only just starting to get a glimpse of the friction between the heroes, firstly with barestar and now with lebelont.
Old 2009-06-11, 10:23   Link #229
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

After the 7 heroes...there is still the Calamity that was mentioned in the first Volume. Everyone thought Konz was going to be the hero that stopped it...but maybe he is the Calamity? Or maybe its Ifkes...or maybe its one of the Heroes...or maybe...just maybe...

Its something we have never seen before...

Godzilla?
Old 2009-06-13, 07:21   Link #230
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
ubel blatt gets so little love : (
Old 2009-06-15, 08:01   Link #231
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Haha I've read scans for up to the end of this current volume...so not much is new for me and last time I posted a message about future chapters I got an infraction...
Old 2009-06-19, 14:33   Link #232
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

New chapter up.
Old 2009-06-22, 00:50   Link #233
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

for all the raw readers, MH has upto c91 raw.
Old 2009-06-22, 03:38   Link #234
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Sells well in France

Vol 9 will have standard & collector editions:
http://www.ki-oon.com/ki-oon.php?wha...page=vol&vol=9
http://www.ki-oon.com/ki-oon.php?wha...=9%20Collector
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 21:51   Link #235
KoroshiyaX
X

Read up to ch91
Spoiler:
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 02:29   Link #236
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Not so fast, we can't be sure how the Emperor is going to react to all this though, especially if the old man is going to find out the truth, consider who Koinzell just killed.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 04:52   Link #237
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
Read up to ch91
Spoiler:
Spoiler for 91:

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 07:52   Link #238
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

What chapter does Volume 9 end at?
Old 2009-06-23, 08:02   Link #239
Miles Teg

It's the chapter call "Grabstein" probably chapter 83. The volume don't have the chapter number but chapter 84 start where the last chapter of volume 9 end
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 09:00   Link #240
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Nice...So are these chapters all of Volume 10?