Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-01-13, 12:17   Link #1
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Access 2000 Printing...

Here's my question:

I have an Access 2000 database, and I have a form, with a button to automatically print a report. Problem is, the default printer on the network is a fax printer, and I don't have the priviliges to change the default printer. Therefore, I need some VBA code to enable me to select the printer to print to. I know you can use PrtDevNames and PrtDevMode properties to change the printer driver, but that involves calling DLLs etc., and I REALLY don't want to do it. I know you can do it in Access 2003, but I can't do that... Anybody have any ideas of how to do it? Thanks!
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 14:25   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circular Logic
Problem is, the default printer on the network is a fax printer, and I don't have the priviliges to change the default printer.
Talk to your network administrator? It sounds like what you're trying to do is circumvent controls in place, which could always lead to problems. It may be easier to try working with the people who could help you first. (I'm assuming this is something at a work network or so.)
Old 2006-01-13, 14:37   Link #3
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem
Talk to your network administrator? It sounds like what you're trying to do is circumvent controls in place, which could always lead to problems. It may be easier to try working with the people who could help you first. (I'm assuming this is something at a work network or so.)
Already done it They can't do anything about it - hence my problem. It seems to be an oversight in the design of Access. If push comes to shove, I'll have to try to convince them to upgrade me to Access 2003
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote