AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 7 23.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 46.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 3.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-21, 12:49   Link #21
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
And so, SHE APPEARS! The real Junko Enoshima. To say that I didn't see it coming would be lying, and sorta figured she was the real puppetmaster after watching the events of Episode 10 and remembering the "Junko" we saw in the first two episodes (who turned out to be Mukuro in disguise) before her untimely demise. Never would I have ever guessed that the two were blood-related let alone identical twins. While it would've been nice to know more about Mukuro Ikusaba and her background as the Super High School Level Mercenary, I think I may have to settle for reading the prequel story Danganronpa/Zero after the anime series wraps up next week.

As revealed in this episode, each of the 16 students enrolled gave their prior consent to live on campus for a long time, but because of amnesia / an altering of their memories, they had no knowledge of doing such a thing let alone actually meeting with the headmaster at the time, Kirigiri's father, prior to his execution in the very first episode. The pictures that Monokuma gave each student backed up the amnesia theory and reinforced the idea (if you go back to episodes 6 and 8 with what Alter Ego discovered) that they all indeed knew each other and lived a normal high school life together prior to the whole "Despair Reality Show" thing they are currently in now. Because their memories had been altered, everyone assumed that they were meeting each other for the very first time when the current story began. I just wish we could've seen the class picture Kirigiri left behind (there were six photos, and I'm assuming each one was taken by the student missing in each photo).

Speaking of Kirigiri, the revelation about her hands and why she wears gloves at all times was something that needed to be covered, and I'm glad they did as a means of clearing her name (even though they only showed a blackened thumb part of her hand in that scene).

Overall, the episode was worth watching, and now comes the conclusion next week. How will the story end? We will have to wait and see.

Old 2013-09-21, 13:18   Link #22
Solitaired

Do not read Danganronpa Zero if you haven't played or read the sequel. Read Danganronpa IF, Mukuro has the most appearances there - she's sort of the heroine in that story.

But if you still want to read DR0, do NOT read the last page, or even flip to the last chapter before reaching that point.
Old 2013-09-21, 14:11   Link #23
Tenshi_
Dewgong >w<

What a gang banged, clusterfucked train wreck that was... Its like, the main purpose of animating this series was to advertise the original games or something.

With that being said, I have load of questions to ask but I'd appreciate it if someone answers this: why did Mukuro disguised as Junko in the first episode?
Old 2013-09-21, 14:37   Link #24
Solitaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi_ View Post
What a gang banged, clusterfucked train wreck that was... Its like, the main purpose of animating this series was to advertise the original games or something.

With that being said, I have load of questions to ask but I'd appreciate it if someone answers this: why did Mukuro disguised as Junko in the first episode?
Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2013-09-21, 14:46   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I get the argument that it would have been better to save the big Monokuma/mastermind reveal for the final episode, but there is a trade-off here.

By making the reveal now, you get a bit more time to showcase the mastermind behind the Monokuma mask. Having the main antagonist reveal herself, and presumably get defeated, all in the same last episode, would probably leave her having less of an impact than she ought to. Hard for a villain to look cool when they're going down to defeat right after they take center stage.

By doing it this way, the real Junko gets a bit of spotlight and a nice cliffhanger moment before she presumably gets defeated in the finale.

I also will say that I love how Makoto went about deducing who the mastermind is. He did some impressive Detective work in this episode, to the point of outshining Kirigiri (to be fair, Kirigiri was clearly numbed a bit by confirming the death of her father).

Monokuma's final episode as the Mastermind's mask was also a good one for the bear.
It was nice... but I don't know why he didn't open all nine drawers and identify the corpses.
Old 2013-09-21, 14:51   Link #26
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It was nice... but I don't know why he didn't open all nine drawers and identify the corpses.
He didn't have the stomach for it, perhaps?

Mind you, that's not much of an excuse, as I'm sure Kirigiri would have loved having nine dead bodies to investigate, lol.

You do raise a good point here. Makoto was right, but he took a riskier route than he had to.
Old 2013-09-21, 15:00   Link #27
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You know, for the first time in a while, I actually like the pacing here. I already resigned myself to the fact that the writers never intended on the viewer solving the mysteries by themselves. Re-introducing Enoshima in this episode should warm up the anime only watchers for next week.
Old 2013-09-21, 15:05   Link #28
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
(ノÒ益Ó)ノ彡┻━┻

Spoiler for end of episode 12:
I'm willing to take that sort of thing as a simple narrative convention. Not much point in wasting time for something trivial like handing her the evidence for a closer look.
Old 2013-09-21, 17:36   Link #29
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShaggy View Post
... Kirigiri's father, prior to his execution in the very first episode.
I hadn't made that connection, thanks for mentioning it.

I thought it was a good episode, but some of the reasoning became a little bit too convenient. I guess you'd have to play the game to really reason it out for yourself, and we can't expect the anime to give us fair clues that would allow us to reach the conclusion on our own.

To be honest, I don't really care for the reveal of the mastermind. The big questions I have are about why all of these events happened and what's going on in the outside world. Hopefully the last episode will cover them.
Old 2013-09-21, 18:39   Link #30
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
So... next episode will be the final episode, but there are still 7 of 16 people alive. The mastermind Junko will probably die next episode, but then there are still 6 people alive... I got the feeling that there will be more deaths... Maybe Junko will introduce a "hardcore rule", which states that when you just give 1 wrong answer, you will be immidietly executed, or something like that. It would surely make a dramatic final.
Why do you expect more of the survivors to die? It makes sense for Junko to die, but it seems like it would just be kind of spiteful to kill the others off right at the end (unless they lose).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
I don't know why anyone hasn't noticed or discussed this, but there's a big contradiction between this episode and the ending credits up from episode 2-11 etc. Hint: It's something Makoto received from Monokuma.
That's only a contradiction if you think the photo in the end credits is the one Makoto got, which it clearly isn't. Think about it: Every character got a photo showcasing everyone but themselves, likely because they were the person who took the photo they received. The person missing in the ending is Mukuro, so the photo in the ending is Mukuro's, not Makoto's. This would also explain why it's the only one to show Junko's face; Mukuro is the only one who would have already known what the real Junko looked like without Photoshop.

And it's not really important, but I do wonder what Junko thought about Ishimaru blocking her face with his salute in Makoto's photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaired View Post
Do not read Danganronpa Zero if you haven't played or read the sequel. Read Danganronpa IF, Mukuro has the most appearances there - she's sort of the heroine in that story.

But if you still want to read DR0, do NOT read the last page, or even flip to the last chapter before reaching that point.
So what's the recommended reading order for the other works? I was planning on reading IF once I finish watching the game (which I'll do once the anime is over), but if that would have spoilers for something else I'd want to avoid that.
Old 2013-09-21, 19:59   Link #31
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post

, likely because they were the person who took the photo they received. The person missing in the ending is Mukuro, so the photo in the ending is Mukuro's, not Makoto's.
Actually Junko is missing, Mukuro is in Junko disguise.

Quote:
So what's the recommended reading order for the other works? I was planning on reading IF once I finish watching the game (which I'll do once the anime is over), but if that would have spoilers for something else I'd want to avoid that.
Chronological would be DR Zero - DR - IF - DR 1 - DR 2

I have yet to find a translated version of Zero though.
Also whether you read Zero or IF first shouldn't matter. The important part is that you already read/saw DR 1, otherwise you'd get spoilered.

On a general note I think its kinda sad how they cut the Kirigiri == Monokuma possibility out, as Togami was supposed to suggest that
Spoiler for Togami's theory during last investigation:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-09-21, 20:23   Link #32
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Actually Junko is missing, Mukuro is in Junko disguise.
Really? But credits!Junko doesn't have Mukuro's freckles (or at least I can't see them; they might be too small for my resolution), which indicates that she's real!Junko. Besides, everything indicates that the photos were taken back when they were normal students, which was before the twin-switch. Then again, credits!Junko might not be as well-endowed as real!Junko, it's kind of hard to compare with her pose...

Quote:
Chronological would be DR Zero - DR - IF - DR 1 - DR 2

I have yet to find a translated version of Zero though.
Also whether you read Zero or IF first shouldn't matter. The important part is that you already read/saw DR 1, otherwise you'd get spoilered.
Does IF have any spoilers for DR2?
Old 2013-09-21, 20:48   Link #33
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Really? But credits!Junko doesn't have Mukuro's freckles (or at least I can't see them; they might be too small for my resolution), which indicates that she's real!Junko. Besides, everything indicates that the photos were taken back when they were normal students, which was before the twin-switch. Then again, credits!Junko might not be as well-endowed as real!Junko, it's kind of hard to compare with her pose...
Coincidentally I also had that discussion in the Spoiler thread.
And as I said there, there are, even without the freckles, at least 2 more differences between them which one can see with bare eyes when putting both of them next to each other.
The first one would be that Junko has rounder eyes, and well I think the other one can be seen without any problems

Quote:
Does IF have any spoilers for DR2?
It has a very small reference which is far away from a spoiler.
More like ' Things to come'. (What I'm referring to is not a spoiler, that much is clear)
I have yet to read DR 2 though.
It doesn't spoiler anything you won't get within the first few minutes of DR 2 I guess.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-09-21, 21:11   Link #34
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
And as I said there, there are, even without the freckles, at least 2 more differences between them which one can see with bare eyes when putting both of them next to each other.
The first one would be that Junko has rounder eyes, and well I think the other one can be seen without any problems
Oh, so it's Junko's photo, then.

Quote:
It has a very small reference which is far away from a spoiler.
More like ' Things to come'. (What I'm referring to is not a spoiler, that much is clear)
I have yet to read DR 2 though.
It doesn't spoiler anything you won't get within the first few minutes of DR 2 I guess.
Okay, thanks.
Old 2013-09-21, 21:32   Link #35
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Oh, so it's Junko's photo, then.
No its Ikusaba disguised as Junko.
Junko's eyes are rounder and her chest is bigger.
TBH both is a bit harder to see as on other class pictures as Ikusaba is leaning forward but you can still see it.

It also looks like She has the ragnarok tatoo on the back of her hands but that might be a shadow as, if my memory serves me right, the tatoo should be on her right hand.

Edit.: TbH Sayaka would have made a far better body double than Ikusaba even though Ikusaba and Junko are twins.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2013-09-21 at 21:55.
Old 2013-09-21, 22:16   Link #36
Calca
Expressionless

At least everyone knows who the rocket guy in Episode 1 was now
Old 2013-09-21, 22:25   Link #37
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

@AC-Phoenix

What I meant in that last post was that it was the photo that Junko took, featuring everybody but herself. I was acknowledging that you were correct.
Old 2013-09-21, 23:16   Link #38
AC-Phoenix
Detective

My bad then.
Its a possibility, I think its an imaginary picture though.
That or they just ignored a certaind etail, I don't want to spoiler you DR-IF though.

Old 2013-09-22, 03:14   Link #39
Solitaired

Quote:
Why do you expect more of the survivors to die? It makes sense for Junko to die, but it seems like it would just be kind of spiteful to kill the others off right at the end (unless they lose).
Actually, not sure if anyone noticed. One of the episodes gave a BIG hint on the number of survivors and who they are.

Quote:
Yes, the freckles made me suspect it might really be Junko. But I compared the face shaper and eyes, It's Mukuro.

Quote:
Chronological order is DR0->DR1->DR-IF->SDR2
Reading order is DR1->DR-IF->SDR2->DR0

DR-IF as I have said has Mukuro as the heroine. It's a non-canon story where everyone lives.
SDR2, the sequel, has tons more plot twists than DR1. DR0 features major spoiler characters from SRD2. Hence I will recommend reading it last.

Knowing Junko is mastermind beforehand, is not as spoilerish as the truth in SDR2. Went in spoiler-free for DR1, but I was freaking spoiled on the bloody room before starting SDR2. Worst experience I had in the series
Old 2013-09-22, 04:00   Link #40
Calca
Expressionless

DR-IF is a "what if" story. Think of it as a fanfiction by the ones who created it.
Closed Thread