4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.60%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-05-28, 15:14   Link #221
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

The Enuma Elish is the Mesopotamian myth (and poem) equivalent to Genesis. It tells about the creation of the world. It is called like that because it begins by "Enuma Elish".

This is also why this sword is also referred as "the Genesis Star that tore apart Heaven and Earth".

Actually, Enuma Elish begins like that:

When there was no heaven,
no earth, no height, no depth, no name,
when Apsu was alone,
the sweet water, the first begetter; and Tiamat
the bitter water, and that
return to the womb, her Mummu,
when there were no gods-

It's just to make you know what Enuma Elish really means.

And from what I remember of Gilgamesh Epic, Ea aka. Enki is the god who created mankind.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 15:16   Link #222
The Stig
The Stig

Theories, spoilers and conspiracies aside..
Spoiler:
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 15:18   Link #223
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Because Gilgamesh is an Archer class Servant.
Old 2006-05-28, 15:18   Link #224
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig
Theories, spoilers and conspiracies aside..
Spoiler:
Gil was the same Archer from the previous Grail War, and she did not know his true identity before the war ended.
Old 2006-05-28, 15:26   Link #225
rpgman1

Do you think the title of the next episode refers to Saber? Judging from the previews, it looks like Saber has to rescue Shirou from Kotomine and fight Lancer and Gilgamesh.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 15:32   Link #226
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

It's hard to speculate. The title is obviously volontarily ambiguous.

It lets people like me hope for a new path and it lets the more realistic ones believe it's gonna end like the game.
Old 2006-05-28, 15:38   Link #227
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
It lets people like me hope for a new path and it lets the more realistic ones believe it's gonna end like the game.
I belive the last picture in the preview realy puzzles many of us, as in what relates to the end following the one in the 'Fate' scenario..; for as you well know, it is still episode 22.., and for that image to appear with 2 more to go.., it strongly indicates that something 'significant' might indeed change.

Altough my guess is as good as yours in the end..; Either way.. I guess I will keep hopeing for Shirou to make a UBW scene up until the last episode ^^
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 15:43   Link #228
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
based on that last picure of saber on the preview i think next episode is going to be a crucial turning point for her...i feel sorry for her but in that picture i think she is mentally crushed

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 15:46   Link #229
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1
it looks like Saber has to rescue Shirou from Kotomine and fight Lancer and Gilgamesh.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-28, 15:48   Link #230
Lumir

Well based on what people have said here Gilgamesh owns the origionals of every legendary weapon. I have to dissagree to this assumption as Gilgamesh was in one time. By this i mean he cannont own all the current legendary weapons.

For example lets take a Nuke. Its classified as a weapon yet Gilgamesh could never use it as it was after his time. This thought leads me to believe that shiro could produce a nuke and destroy everything, and if the explosion dosent get someone the radiation will. I know i know im goin really deep into this but im intrested.

So simply put legends can be created at any time depending on the people who call the object a legend. As far as gilgamesh gose, he can only use the legendary weapons of his time and none after. So there are many possibilities of newer improved weapons, as we all know man kind gets better with time, not worse, therefor they would only create new and improved weapons, leading me to the assumption that a something like a nuke could end it all.

Who knows all the legends from beggining to end? In fact someone could come up with there own legend. Im very certine there is alot of untouched legends unknown to man.

Also in FSN dose the popularity of a legendary weapon make it powerful or the actual legend itself?
Old 2006-05-28, 15:56   Link #231
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

The problem is: do you know a LEGENDARY modern weapon? Or a legendary nuke?

Gilgamesh was the King of Uruk when the world was supposed to be united, prior to the Tower of Babel event in other words.

At that time, he possessed everything that existed. And as iamandragon said, weapons get better technically speaking, but legends are what they are. The newer the weapon is doesn't necessarily means the better. Especially when magics and legends are involved.

And concerning the possibility for Shirou to create a nuke, he'd have to understand and grasp the inner structure of the nuke itself before being able to duplicate it (provided the raw materials are in UBW), so it's not as simple.
Old 2006-05-28, 16:06   Link #232
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Who knows all the legends from beggining to end? In fact someone could come up with there own legend. Im very certine there is alot of untouched legends unknown to man.

Also in FSN dose the popularity of a legendary weapon make it powerful or the actual legend itself?
A weapon becomes legendary when mankind believes in the legend. The stronger the belief, the stronger the legend is as a whole. Hence why legendary weapons all have names; names that can be used to identify the weapon among everything else.

For example, lets take the story of King Arthur. If you ask 100 random people to name a legendary weapon, how many people would say Excalibur? The story of King Arthur is so well known that it gives and reinforces Excalibur and Avalon's strengths.

Now lets say there is a legend of a knife that slew a demon in a small village long ago. Only thing is, either very few people knows of it, or the story itself has disappeared and is no longer being told. Does anyone even remember it's name? The legend no longer has any strength, because no one believes in or has even heard of it any longer.
Old 2006-05-28, 16:30   Link #233
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Oh yes we all do. Go watch star wars a hundred times and come back with a defination of 'light saber'...
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 16:45   Link #234
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

That's not legend, that's fiction. Completely different.
Old 2006-05-28, 16:49   Link #235
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Also, about Shiro "entering" Saber many times...get your heads OUT of the gutter. Would she really feel so hesitant about a simple kiss if they already got together in bed? Don't think so. I think she means he was inside her mentally, as in dreams, seeing into the mind sorta thing like with the dragon, and with knowing that she fought to the death for her people.

If Saber is mentally crushed next episode, does that mean she sticks around for good?
Old 2006-05-28, 16:51   Link #236
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Quote:
Walter PPK
Class: Assasin
True Name: James Bond :P :P :P
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 16:54   Link #237
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Also, about Shiro "entering" Saber many times...get your heads OUT of the gutter. Would she really feel so hesitant about a simple kiss if they already got together in bed? Don't think so. I think she means he was inside her mentally, as in dreams, seeing into the mind sorta thing like with the dragon, and with knowing that she fought to the death for her people.

If Saber is mentally crushed next episode, does that mean she sticks around for good?
Who knows? But we're both hoping for the same thing DG .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Soulblade
Walter PPK
Class: Assasin
True Name: James Bond :P :P :P
LOL, I hope my statement doesn't make this thread go out of control ^^;
Old 2006-05-28, 17:02   Link #238
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

bruce lee is a legend...maybe he can be summoned by a servent to kick some ass? or gil's new Noble Phantasm...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2006-05-28, 17:15   Link #239
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
That's not legend, that's fiction. Completely different.
It's legendary enough to me...may newton's second law be with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
bruce lee is a legend...maybe he can be summoned by a servent to kick some ass? or gil's new Noble Phantasm...
All hail the all mighty bruce lee--he has to be beserker.

BESERKER
Master:

True Name: Bruce Lee
Attribute: Lawful Good
Strength: A Mana: E
Endurance: A Luck: F (getting shot during a movie--definately unlucky)
Agility: A

Noble Phantasm: EX
Magic Resistance: E--has close to zero magic resistance

Skills:
Instinct: A
Riding: E
Talent to operate motor cycles only
Charisma: EX
Talent to attract a lot of fans when in action

Noble Phantasm: Unlimited Hollywood Works
Type: Anti-personal Noble Phantasm
Range: -
Maximum Target: 1
A hidden ability. A reality marble within his body with the shape of it, all damages that penetrates his skin will become fictional and therefore have minimum effects on him.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 17:21   Link #240
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

bruce lee + berserker = ROFL!!!

and you missed out a noble phantasm...

Noble Phantasm: million kicks
Type: Anti-matter
Range: 40 yards
Maximum Target: up to 100
A kick to fast for the naked eye to see...it seems like one kick but in reality its a furry of over 1 million (note: by the time you notice youve been kicked youll be in either heaven or hell)

edit: wont it be a good idea to start a new thread which we create new servents using our imagination??? wht you guys think??? sounds fun to me