AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-15, 00:06   Link #8801
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That said, there's nothing that suggest her mana couldn't be sealed or confine to Pen mode only as a means to stop the grimoire from corrupting her,
That's a great theory... it makes sense, I buy it.

Now, about Ollerus, the description of his power makes me think that maybe more than his own Mana, he's channeling external forces, the type of force that lies everywhere (like the blessings Touma dispel for his own bane.) Well, that's just the impression it gives me.
Old 2011-03-15, 00:15   Link #8802
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
That's a great theory... it makes sense, I buy it.
Oh one more thing that I forgot to add, Magicians don't generally have more mana than other people since most magicians are normal humans. Mana comes from converting a person's Life Energy.

The ones with more mana or naturally wield better quality magic are people like Saints who are born with special powers.

Also, Vampires who are thought of as Immortal, would have an unlimited supply of Life Energy, making them the ultimate magicians... Or at least an unending supply of Mana.
Old 2011-03-15, 00:21   Link #8803
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
What kind of powersuit does Hamazura have, and what does it do? Like what are some of the functions?
Spoiler for powered suit:
Old 2011-03-15, 01:03   Link #8804
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Cyborgs would give the Science vs Magic view a whole new angle.

Espers are somewhat restricted, you can never be certain what you're gonna get. But with Cyborgs, you know what you're paying for. In addition, Cyborgs don't produce AIM field so technically they can also use magic.
If they have part human body and have esper power those source of power (the brain or other organic elements) will still have a backslash if they ever ry to mix with magic.

Of course, why they would try magic in the first place?

Quote:
On a more human side, unlike a power armor or a mech, you can give a cyborg character and personality.
Do you think Aleister cares a damn about the humans character or personality?
Old 2011-03-15, 01:07   Link #8805
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If they have part human body and have esper power those source of power (the brain or other organic elements) will still have a backslash if they ever ry to mix with magic.
It's not a necessity is it?

Cyborgs don't have to be Espers.

Quote:
Of course, why they wold try magic in the first place?
How else would they learn to fight off magicians? And without Imagine Breaker or Index, sometimes the only way to break a spell is with another spell.

Quote:
Do you think Aleister cares a damn about the humans character or personolity?
/FACEPALM

I was talking about the author.
Old 2011-03-15, 01:09   Link #8806
Miraluka
Banned

I still was editing my previous post !!!

Quote:
How else would they learn to fight off magicians? And without Imagine Breaker or Index, sometimes the only way to break a spell is with another spell.
Do you remember how tense became the talk between Aleister and Laura when she asked him having a magician inside A.C.?

Of course, he has Etzali there and the boy is aware that the Anglican Church can hunt him down ....

Quote:
I was talking about the author.
Too ambiguous it confused me .

Quote:
Oh one more thing that I forgot to add, Magicians don't generally have more mana than other people since most magicians are normal humans. Mana comes from converting a person's Life Energy.

The ones with more mana or naturally wield better quality magic are people like Saints who are born with special powers.

Also, Vampires who are thought of as Immortal, would have an unlimited supply of Life Energy, making them the ultimate magicians... Or at least an unending supply of Mana.
From wikia:

Quote:
Mana is the energy that allows magicians to use magic. Mana exists in all forms of life, not just magicians, although they are the only ones who use it. It has been explicitly stated one method of creating mana is by processing a person's inner lifeforce (Life Force (生命力 seimeiryoku?, lit (one's) life force)), similar to how crude oil is refined into other substances. The various schools of magic, for example Nordic and Shinto styles, requires different 'kinds' of mana for casting that other styles might not use[1].
There is 'natural' mana that exists within the earth itself, which some magicians or magical objects, such as the grimoires, draw their power from, in the form of "leylines".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Hrm, he's pacifistic ways make me respect him, but I wouldn't call him the ''strongest''. the most admirable of the lot for sure.
I agree there +1.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-03-15 at 02:05.
Old 2011-03-15, 02:12   Link #8807
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Is that scene only mentioned or actually elaborated on? If it ain't, I'm writing it down.
Only mentioned that's what Yomikawa did when she first saw Accel coming back. No other details given.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
B-T is down, so to those who haven't read it yet and want to, here:

Spoiler for NT Volume 1 Prologue:
'Dinner'? My version only says it's a 'meal' - I don't think it's nighttime yet...
Old 2011-03-15, 02:14   Link #8808
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Do you remember how tense became the talk between Aleister and Laura when she asked him having a magician inside A.C.?

Of course, he has Etzali there and the boy is aware that the Anglican Church can hunt him down ....
I remember how despite the atmosphere being tense, they both seem to enjoy this kind of thing.

Which brings me to the suggestion that this faction might not be under any Board of Director, otherwise why would they need to go through all this trouble just to greenlit Accelerator and Shiage? If they were on the payroll of Aleister, they would have full reign to do whatever they please as long as it gets the job done.
Old 2011-03-15, 02:45   Link #8809
Flere821
Lurker

Ch2's out, not much really happened this chapter:

Spoiler for stuff:
Old 2011-03-15, 02:50   Link #8810
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post

Spoiler for stuff:
Oh Shiage, we all knew what you were going to do. Looks like he's getting another harem member.
Old 2011-03-15, 02:51   Link #8811
outerelf

Quote:

Spoiler for stuff:
Accel had probably stop thinking like this because you know what they say, 'Be careful what you wish for because you might just get it.' Oh, and Accel, Touma had it a bit worse then you because his loli bit him- neither WORST or Last Order seem able to touch Accel...
Old 2011-03-15, 03:08   Link #8812
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
neither WORST or Last Order seem able to touch Accel...
Misaka Network disabling.

Quote:

Spoiler for stuff:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-15, 03:33   Link #8813
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
The biggest surprise however was Index in Academy City! What gives? How does that work? Or has she already escaped Necessarius?
She still is under A.C. custody due to the truce between the Anglican Church and Aleister. Probably she still lives at Touma's house.... but how does she do to eat?
The real biggest surprise is Index learn how to cook! ... and I guess some house doings too .

Quote:
Lol, they sure like to exaggerate things, either the Cyborgs are super good at their job, or Skill-Out sucks at hiding VIPs for more than 30mins.
[/spoiler]
Well, without any power to support them and with the security system everywhere is not be surprised .
Old 2011-03-15, 03:43   Link #8814
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
She still is under A.C. custody due to the truce between the Anglican Church and Aleister. Probably she still lives at Touma's house.... but how does she do to eat?
The real biggest surprise is Index learn how to cook! ... and I guess some house doings too .
That only hold true if Touma is her Guardian which he currently isn't.

There's no reason to leave Index in Academy City.
Old 2011-03-15, 04:24   Link #8815
leukrota

Quote:
She only needs to read a cooking book to learn how to cook, the problem is for her to actually do it...

I would bet Maika is taking care of her... you couldn't trust Itsuwa as she's probably in the same state, and then there would be two dead looking girls to feed and clean. Otherwise... maybe Laura puts her on johan's pen thrice a day to make her cook and once a week to do the cleaning.

Now, I also wonder, what could Index, who only thinks of Touma and food, be doing at a shopping mall?
Old 2011-03-15, 04:27   Link #8816
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Now, I also wonder, what could Index, who only thinks of Touma and food, be doing at a shopping mall?
I wouldn't be surprise if she's going to all the places that both her and Touma had been to.
Old 2011-03-15, 05:45   Link #8817
leukrota

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprise if she's going to all the places that both her and Touma had been to.
I would be surprised if that was the case, that's too romantic/melancholic for this novel.
(Surprised in a good way though.)
Old 2011-03-15, 07:00   Link #8818
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I haven't read Shiage's parts, but for Touma's side I agree; romance isn't the story's strongest point, I strongly doubt this would ever change, but I'm optimistic.

And maybe now that Accelerator has his family wish, maybe he would find a lover as well.
Old 2011-03-15, 07:42   Link #8819
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Ok....ITEM's gonna visit Frenda's grave.....this gonna be good....

Damned...reading in camp is slow, slow work....
Old 2011-03-15, 07:44   Link #8820
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandinwater View Post
3: They looked like a human, They sound like a human, and damn I'm sure they would smell like a human. No human deserves to die, they only deserve to die if they made another human die, and don't say "Oh but Touma killed Aureolus Izzard" ok hey killed him to stop HIM from KILLING a HUMAN.
Touma didn't kill Izzard....

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
The christian symbolism of the hawk and dragon
it may be a phoenix too....Fianma is the closest thing to Jesus besides Touma....

Then again, animal symbology hasn't really mattered much in the series so far, except the Dragon in the England Civil War arc.

Quote:
There is also the legend of when Horus attempted to overthrow god, and the Egyptians were known as a highly scientific empire back then, much like Academy City might
Are you not thinking of Set and Osiris?

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-03-15 at 08:17.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen