after long time played muv luv alternative really want to cry after this ehh
Old 2013-09-17, 22:30   Link #2142
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarChain View Post
Do you think that

Spoiler for spoiler:
I hope so. I also hope Pham, Sylvia and Beatrix don't die either. Or that they at least don't get eaten alive. Especially Pham, after certain rumors I've been hearing about her and the Stasi...
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 22:32   Link #2143
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
@Mazryonh

They might make it all ages simply because they may want a wider audience. Non-adult doesn't just imply no sex, but also no gore/rape/torture, which is what was done do all-ages release to Alternative.
Actually, why not take a page from Leaf on this? Leaf released the all-ages version of To Heart 2 on the PS2 first to build hype, then released the 18+ version on PC later for better sales. Age could release the all-ages console version of the Schwarzesmarken VN first, then release a "less-censored" version on the PC.

Quote:
Of course, if they'd really want to make money, they would do a PC release, with an adult and non-adult versions (PS3 I can understand, but 360? That's as niche as you can be in Japan). But again, Kouki.
Dude, has Kouki taken complete leave of his senses? Releasing a JP-only title on the 360?

Quote:
>Routes

It will depend on what they will want that VN to be. If it's basically a VN format to LN, it will be kinetic, because Schwarz is not written with romance in mind. There may be some hints (Katia acts gushy around Theodore, Kirche is interested, etc.) but it never seems to amount to anything. You'd also have to do somersaults in order to adopt some of the characters (like Sylwia or Annette) and their potential routes to overarching plot. Not that it's not possible - everything can be done if you have time, idea and no idiotic oversight, but they may not have the time or resources.
I wonder if anyone on the Age team remembers Carnelian's breakout game in 2000, Kao no nai tsuki (better known in the west by its glitzy but badly-written h-anime adaptation title Moonlight Lady). Last I heard, the first release had only 3 heroines. Later "Collectors/Renewal" editions added more heroines.

They could take a page from this part of Carnelian's history and release the game in parts. The first part could include routes for Irisdina, Katia, and Kirche. The second could include Lyz, Sylwia, and maybe even a bad ending with Beatrix.

It only takes a bit of imagination to write believable "romantic paths" with the other characters. Maybe Theodore could get to know Sylwia by spending time with her (forcibly or not, such as being stranded behind BETA lines and trying to sneak their way back) and learn her history, as well as possibly help her overcome her PTSD.

Quote:
Personally, I think a lot of disappointment in TE VN, had less to do with overall lack of routes, but more with the fact that romantic triangle was both poorly resolved (no, like I said, I'm not upset that Yui is Yuuya's sister in canon...but it was done in a shitty manner, and ultimately never amounts to any meaningful drama other than Yui moping some and then getting over it), and general bullshit that latter half of VN was.
Yep, it's not fun when plot elements that could be significant either turn out to be meaningless, "not so much after all," or red herrings.

Quote:
Plus, even if they could do proper German, that still leaves the problem of actually assembling the cast that can properly speak it. Case in point, the girl in White Album vid you posted speaks a fairly legit Franch, but only grammatically-wise. Her delivery is very poor. It's not even the question of accent; she's reading out a script in French, and somewhat struggling with it. It certainly doesn't convey a feeling of someone who spoke French for 5+ years, or was learning it. If say, she was just learning it, or was casually spending time in French environment, yeah, that would passable.
How was the French of the bit character who called Kazusa Touma "Mademoiselle Touma" then?

Quote:
In my humble opinion, Kouki might have gotten a bit power-high from the success of Alternative. That's the feel I got when I saw Total Eclipse VN: It tried too hard to be Alternative, and failed miserably.
Don't try to clone your previous successes; build on them and branch out!
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 08:39   Link #2144
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Well, not every company is Leaf.

Knowing that age supposedly has chronic financing problems, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't actually have resources to make multiple versions of the game.

And yeah, TE was released on PS3 and 360. Like I said, PS3 is understandable, but 360? If he was trying to reach out to Western audiences, then it's still a massive fail, because no-one is going to buy a JP game which will most likely never have translation, other than core, hardcore fans.

Then again, that's hardly the most stupid thing a Japanese company has done (I'm looking at you Squeenix)

>Routes
Irisdina and Katia and arguably Liz are the only characters routes make sense for, since they're the most plot relevant ones. Beatrix as bad end makes sense too, but everyone else is a side-character. The idea with editions/fan disks is sound, but age might just not have the resource for it amongst their other projects.

>Branching out and success

The problem is that the story that most fans want "different" games, is a bit of a hogwash; hence why so many games are similar today. Companies are also reluctant to invest in unknown qualities. I think the problem age had with TE VN is that not did they just tried to repeat Alternative's success, but many people quietly expected Alternative 2.0, and found it wanting. It may also be the case that age is simply less talented then people give them credit for; after all if you carefully look, the guy doing Schwarz isn't exactly a veteran age member, but someone brought in by Kouki; Carnelian also pretty much at random decided to drop by, giving them an illustrator. Of course, it might be just that TE project was given a low priority, and was just a quick buck grab; there might have been thousand of little reasons for why it went for as it did.

In the end, what do I know? I don't work at age. But unless new Chronicles turns up be decent/ not full of derp, I am not holding my breath. Of course, that's a bit hypocritical, because I would still get Schwarz VN, but solely for Carnelian art.

>French

She was decent. She speaks relatively fluently, but with a very thick accent.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 21:22   Link #2145
Mazryonh

Quote:
Well, not every company is Leaf.
The successful principles Leaf has used should definitely be a role model, though.

Quote:
Knowing that age supposedly has chronic financing problems, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't actually have resources to make multiple versions of the game.
"Chronic financing problems"? Where did you hear that and how has it manifested itself? Their merchandise looks like it's flying off the shelves to me.

Quote:
And yeah, TE was released on PS3 and 360. Like I said, PS3 is understandable, but 360? If he was trying to reach out to Western audiences, then it's still a massive fail, because no-one is going to buy a JP game which will most likely never have translation, other than core, hardcore fans.
Not to mention the vast majority of western gamers would be unfamiliar both with VNs and the Muv-Luv franchise. Most people here expect to read on their portable computers, not on their video game consoles. I bet many would rather play a mecha action game like the Armored Core series--how likely is that for Muv-Luv?

Quote:
Then again, that's hardly the most stupid thing a Japanese company has done (I'm looking at you Squeenix)
Which of S-E's work sticks out to you most as a failure? To me, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within should be a testament to anyone who thinks "not questioning the boss's questionable narrative/stylistic decisions" is a priority and will insulate them from financial failure.

Quote:
>Routes
Irisdina and Katia and arguably Liz are the only characters routes make sense for, since they're the most plot relevant ones. Beatrix as bad end makes sense too, but everyone else is a side-character. The idea with editions/fan disks is sound, but age might just not have the resource for it amongst their other projects.
How many eroge fandisks have featured full routes for what were once side characters by now? It can be done. In any case, Sylwia's backstory to me has a lot of dramatic potential that could be used if only they had the will to do so.

And they could just put their effort to making their games truly good so they sell well again.

Quote:
It may also be the case that age is simply less talented then people give them credit for; after all if you carefully look, the guy doing Schwarz isn't exactly a veteran age member, but someone brought in by Kouki; Carnelian also pretty much at random decided to drop by, giving them an illustrator.
I was under the impression that Carnelian was one of age's founding members. Who was the TE VN illustrated by, again? In any case, I still don't understand why they asked Tasuku Iizuki to illustrate some promotional art for TE and then never made use of his artwork again--he's not anywhere near as famous as Carnelian and would probably have charged less.

Quote:
Of course, it might be just that TE project was given a low priority, and was just a quick buck grab; there might have been thousand of little reasons for why it went for as it did.
Don't make things just for a buck grab; put your all into it! Otherwise your insincerity will show--very easily.

Quote:
Of course, that's a bit hypocritical, because I would still get Schwarz VN, but solely for Carnelian art.
So would many of us. I'm sure there have been plenty of poorly-written VNs/eroges that have had fantastic art over the years.

Quote:
She was decent. She speaks relatively fluently, but with a very thick accent.
Too bad. I guess the Japanese have a long way to go in that vein. And sadly the video I originally linked to is gone.
Old 2013-09-21, 22:22   Link #2146
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

The 360 had dismal sales in Japan until IdolM@ster came out, so there might be a few JP owners or a 360 who aren't willing to fork out cash for a new PS3 just for TE.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 10:12   Link #2147
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Its here.

"We'll go on ahead first..."
T_T7

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.

Last edited by grevierr; 2013-09-26 at 20:56.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 10:14   Link #2148
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Its here.

"We'll be waiting for you..."
T_T7
Y-Yuzuka... T_T

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 15:26   Link #2149
Mazryonh

Quote:
Its here.

"We'll be waiting for you..."
T_T7
So are you saying they'll be developing this title instead of the Schwarzesmarken VN for now?
Old 2013-09-26, 17:35   Link #2150
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
So are you saying they'll be developing this title instead of the Schwarzesmarken VN for now?
Alternative Chronicles series has been on for a long time now.
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 19:23   Link #2151
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Yep calling it now, Hibiki and Yuzuka will buy it. Messily.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 20:13   Link #2152
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Yep calling it now, Hibiki and Yuzuka will buy it. Messily.
Hibiki's first I heard. Not sure though.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-09-27, 01:14   Link #2153
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
Hibiki's first I heard. Not sure though.
Just a guess, based on age being age (i.e. dicks for the sake of dickishness).

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-09-27, 02:14   Link #2154
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

We thought that Hibiki would walk alone.
Now the picture implies he is going on ahead first.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 02:48   Link #2155
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
We thought that Hibiki would walk alone.
Now the picture implies he is going on ahead first.
So the kissu happens quite early, and Yuzuka gets warded quite early too. Hmm.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-09-27, 08:04   Link #2156
John117xCortana

I think it's gonna be Ellen who will kill Hibiki.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 08:37   Link #2157
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
I think it's gonna be Ellen who will kill Hibiki.
Why so? You reading it already?

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-09-27, 10:28   Link #2158
John117xCortana

Nope. Just a guess based on past actions by age.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 02:18   Link #2159
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Its here.

"We'll go on ahead first..."
T_T7
Can't wait..

I hope we not gonna waiting for machine translator could worked for this one.
Old 2013-09-28, 12:36   Link #2160
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Btw does anyone remember that image with the UN ranks? Still got! Would be helpful.

I believe in miracles.

Tags
eroge, military science fiction, yuimoto