Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-02, 11:48   Link #23561
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
I can already imagine the reset. Everyone is shown back at Ashford Academy enjoying the fireworks. Even Arthur is there.
At the very least, I think we could all step back and laugh at the series and agree to never speak of it again.
Only if it's reset. In any other case, I want to see this through to the end before making a final judgment on whether this was the most entertaining show I've ever watched, the biggest waste of my time in 24 years, or both.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:49   Link #23562
flarezard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Because they could have done 1001 things to end up with a better plot.
That can't be help.

If you were forced to change your script halfway, you wouldn't have too much choice.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:49   Link #23563
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
we still lose an overall thematic point of having your efforts being rewarded.

Taniguchi's stories are inevitably about celebrating the human spirit's ability to persist no matter how bad things get. That can be better conveyed by having Lelouch's wish granted rather than having it destroyed.
Because it messes with the plot, the pacing, and everything else. You can't just have people labeled "Dead" and then bring them back. If they wanted to keep people in suspense just keep her labeled "MIA" instead of pulling plot contrived bullshit.

It is the same with marianne. She was used as a "Plot Device." That was all. It was utterly pointless in the end since she was wiped out just one episode later and served no purpose but to be used as a plot device.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:50   Link #23564
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
For some it has nothing to do with it being obvious, they just didn't want her back. Why don't you stop being so negative towards peoples views on this event even if it seems unreasonable.
Pretty much my point. We moved on. We had accepted Nunnally's death...not because some site said she was dead...but because we were willing to believe that she had played her role to the fullest. Nunnally impacted the story in episode 18. She's now destined to be used as a plot device the same way her Charles and Marianne were.

I was one of those people that wanted the geass plot to be over. I wanted to see a straight up mind vs. mind battle between Lelouch and Schneizel. "Farewell to the twists and trickery. Everything is going to be straightforward from here on out...no more surprises."

I now need my desired pairing to work out or this show really will lost for me.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:52   Link #23565
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
Suzaku and Nina killed millions,
Ugh, can't believe people still tout this crap. Suzaku shouldn't be held responsible for something he did under the control of geass. This is as stupid as holding Euphie responsible for the massacre of elevens. It's Lelouch's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne
Pretty much my point. We moved on. We had accepted Nunnally's death...not because some site said she was dead...but because we were willing to believe that she had played her role to the fullest. Nunnally impacted the story in episode 18. She's now destined to be used as a plot device the same way her Charles and Marianne were.
By "we", you mean you, orga, and certain Kalulu fanboys. Certainly you can't be suggesting your views are representative of the fanbase as a whole. I mean just look at this thread or on 2ch. It's pretty obvious that most people are happy with this revelation.

And since when has Nunnally not been a plot device? Why even care about something like that?

In the end, it's better if Lelouch fights for her instead of for himself. That reason alone justifies her return, however contrived it may be.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:52   Link #23566
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
Guys the 2nd shuttle is real. You can see it in the background when Nunnally is being loaded onto her shuttle.

Also the 23 summary says that Lelouch clashes with Schneizel, not Nunnally.
Yes, and leaked spoilers say that Nunnally is to be used by Schneizel against Lelouch.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:54   Link #23567
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
Ugh, can't believe people still tout this crap. Suzaku shouldn't be held responsible for something he did under the control of geass. This is as stupid as holding Euphie responsible for the massacre of elevens. It's Lelouch's fault.
Yes, it's his fault that the weapon was fully developed, tested and loaded to the knightmare frame when it shouldnt have been done in the first place.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:54   Link #23568
DragonBladeX
Kancolle love!

Given some of the posts that is going around right now, I can already predict the posts that are going to appear when Nunnally appears in the episode. If one thought that episode 21 would divide the viewers, this episode will drive the wedge further.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:55   Link #23569
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
Yes, but Nina did invent Freya. Suzaku took it into battle, knowing he had the live Geass, so he should not have trusted himself.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:56   Link #23570
TheDisruptiveOne

Yeah, I sort of agree. I think all three of them are responsible.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:58   Link #23571
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
Yeah, I sort of agree. I think all three of them are responsible.
For something that actually did not happen. Ironic. {in terms of Nana-chan}
Old 2008-09-02, 11:59   Link #23572
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
Yes, but Nina did invent Freya. Suzaku took it into battle, knowing he had the live Geass, so he should not have trusted himself.
Either Suzaku took it, or someone else would have. He felt that it would have been safer with him than with someone else. And... well, I think that is a fair assessment.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:59   Link #23573
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
Yes, it's his fault that the weapon was fully developed, tested and loaded to the knightmare frame when it shouldnt have been done in the first place.
Oh god here we go with this bullshit again. Does it really matter whose fault it is. Plenty of events lead up to those happenings its not like those two wanted those diesasters to happen. So why is it such a big deal for people to prove whose fault it is?
Old 2008-09-02, 11:59   Link #23574
Stretch5920

Nina's the one to blame the most, she built it to murder elevens and was screaming in Suzaku's ear to use it. I say Suzaku and Lelouch share equal blame.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:00   Link #23575
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
For something that actually did not happen. Ironic. {in terms of Nana-chan}
oh yeah, the 35 million other people mean nothing, right?
Old 2008-09-02, 12:01   Link #23576
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
oh yeah, the 35 million other people mean nothing, right?
Well i meant about Lulu, i think he went all wild-running cause his sister was supposed to be dead.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:01   Link #23577
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
Exactly while Lelouch had no way of foreseeing his live geass have resulted this. Suzaku probably thought with his super skills he wouldn't need to use Freya. I place most of the blame on Nina.

Just when I had started believing Nunnally might actually be dead, they are bringing her back?
I am going to have to reserve my judgment until I see how it plays out.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:05   Link #23578
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica View Post
It's still amazing to watch, sure. But for me, the plot is getting way out of hand now.

What's next? Turn 23 may hint at Schnizel becoming the new Zero. And then what? Turn 25 is called "Re:"? As in redux? Will Lulu find someway to redo everything that has transpired from the beginning?

And with Nunally being alive, can we assume more revivals? Will Lelouch find some remnants of his Dad's research of "reuniting with the dead people", try to destroy it, only to be stopped by CLOVIS? Anything is possible at this point
Oh yes, remember that Maihime was also produced by Sunrise.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:13   Link #23579
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Oh yes, remember that Maihime was also produced by Sunrise.
you make it sound like Sunrise is this giant monster walking around terrorizing people and drawing animation cells.

despite the fact Taniguchi had some limited involvement with Mai hime as a producer on the manga and other alternate formats, Okouchi had more or less nothing to do with it. Mai Hime has nothing to do with Code Geass other than the fact that they are within somewhat similar genres of anime.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:14   Link #23580
Darkcraft

Nunnally "death" was needed to speed the pace and send lelouch in Warlord mode
Nunnaly return is also need to help schneizel thinking his plan is perfect and he will win at the end
And who knows if Nunnally ll not be the one,the writter want since the beginning, to kill lelouch at the end after schneizel death cause of their mutual promise in S1(personal speculation).
it ll be a satisfactory ending for lelouch , even if he die, to create an acceptable world for his sister and a democrat world organisation(UFN) brittania is a part. All he want is a better world when she ll open her eyes

The site have changed the MIA in KIA only cause of the well observations of fans with the 2nd shuttle and a precise timing of events . Production have judged 5 episode was too long for not losting fans with a KIA on a picture

Return of nunnally open a satisfactory ending for CG without "returning back" but also a huge death flag for lelouch for last episode and for the fan pairings too
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories