AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 53 Rating
Perfect 10 40 65.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 21.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 11.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-18, 05:15   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 53 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Episode 53.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2010-04-18, 05:48   Link #2
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh...it's the episode I've been waiting for from a long time!

It certainly looks EPIC!
Old 2010-04-18, 05:59   Link #3
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Hmmm... Isn't it weird how sometimes people talk about something, like, say, a certain event that was previously skipped over in adaptation, and then that something just magically shows up, like in a next week preview? Isn't it weird? ^_^
Old 2010-04-18, 07:45   Link #4
Ottocycle

While people gush about the fight this week, I'll have to say this.

The new BGM which popped up when Maria was doing the proclamation was epic WIN.
Old 2010-04-18, 08:26   Link #5
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Hmmm... Isn't it weird how sometimes people talk about something, like, say, a certain event that was previously skipped over in adaptation, and then that something just magically shows up, like in a next week preview? Isn't it weird? ^_^
Spoiler for For Preview:
Old 2010-04-18, 08:34   Link #6
Haladflire65
*Artist

I'm also surprised that the Ishval flashback's going to be included, but I guess it might work.

Glorious, glorious. The fire was beautiful and Miki Shinichirou did a stellar job of making Roy sound ANGRY. I hope he'll do just as nicely next week, where I can tell you that there'll be more raised voices. These kind of scenes seem so much more painful when they're animated (yes, I'm talking about BBQ Envy.) BG music was great, Maria Ross and the raido station dude were WIN. It was an interesting place to use a cliffhanger, though, and I hope they start the next episode nicely.
Old 2010-04-18, 08:56   Link #7
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I seriously lost count at the amount of epic facial expressions Mustang was giving off this week. That together with the awesome music placement did this part in the story great justice. I'm extremely pleased.
Old 2010-04-18, 13:04   Link #8
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

After a second look at the preview, it looks like next week is when Alex gets his CMoA, as well.

But let's be honest. The entire series from here on out is pretty much just one long string of CMoAs... ^_^
Old 2010-04-18, 15:00   Link #9
xellos2099

Well technically, Alex already got his CMoA when he block Sloth from killing his sister but yeah, next week one will be even better. Considering he is not a super AOE attack type state alchemist like Mustang, he is doing pretty well in his fight
Old 2010-04-18, 15:05   Link #10
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
The new BGM which popped up when Maria was doing the proclamation was epic WIN.
That wasn't a new BGM. It's track 04 on the first soundtrack, Nightfall in Central City.

What was a new piece was the one used when Envy changed into Hughes wife. A slower, more heavy version of track 04 from the second soundtrack, Envy Revealed. What a grand piece it was.
Old 2010-04-18, 15:43   Link #11
Lumine
Band Army Member

Facial Expressions, the anime.

Looking awesome by the screenshots. Can't wait to watch it
Old 2010-04-18, 16:45   Link #12
Vicious108

Well that was just beautiful. I was annoyed by last weeks' preview when I saw they were reusing animation for Envy's transformation, but the new and godly animation in the second half of this episode more than made up for it.

But yeah, even though the first 8 minutes or so were kinda dull (though that's probably because I was watching the raw and didn't really remember from the manga what all that chatter was all about), the rest of the episode totally had me on the edge of my seat.

The Envy reveal was even more awesome than in the manga. I remember that I'd always thought Roy would find out the truth through someone else, never did I expect that the very killer would outright say and show how he did the deed AND boast and laugh in the face of the very people who'd want to avenge Hughes the most. quigonkenny is spot on when he says this portion of the manga is just one CMoA after another, and this was definitely Envy's Crowning Moment of Awesome Evil.

Which of course, made the ensueing Roy flamerape even more satisfying. His berserk facial expressions were top tier and every single one of his attacks was just gorgeously animated. The entire battle's atmosphere was perfectly done, and it was just as intense and epic as in the manga.

I definitely agree with Hallad about Miki Shinichirou having done a stellar job (and he should have even more to work with next week!), but I also gotta give Minami Takayama her due credit. Envy's twisted speeches, psychotic laughter, screams of pure suffering, you name it. She delivered them all beautifully.

As for the cliffhanger... it worked well enough, but I'd have prefered to see it end the same way as chapter 94, so it wouldn't break up the action. Of course, what I'd have REALLY prefered was to see the chapter 94 and the first half of 95 in one episode, but I guess that's too much to ask.

Oh and about the Ishval scenes next week, Kirarakim took the words right out of my mouth. But yes, in the end it's a good thing they're not being just plain removed after all.

Can't wait for 54. Hopefully they'll keep up the quality animation, though I'm sure that won't be easy. With back to back episodes with great animation such as this, they'll eventually have to step it down a notch since animation is supposely a pretty expensive business.
Old 2010-04-18, 17:05   Link #13
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Well technically, Alex already got his CMoA when he block Sloth from killing his sister but yeah, next week one will be even better. Considering he is not a super AOE attack type state alchemist like Mustang, he is doing pretty well in his fight
I hope they do justice to that part6icular manga panel I'm thinking of. It's so full of GAR and HOTBLOOD that you can actually see the testosterone beading on the page. And since it's Alex, it's still manages to be hilariously over the top without diminishing it... ^_^

Speaking of manga panels. Loved how they kept Mustang's glove pull in this one. Obvious Hellsing reference is obvious... ^_^
Old 2010-04-18, 18:57   Link #14
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Damn the second half of this episode was just epic. Envy just revealing that he did it and saying it like that was well done. I don't think Envy could have done it in any other way that would have made Mustang more angry. It was just one amazing moment after another from that point. Mustang's rage was intense and he just owned Envy one time after another. I mean boiling the eyes....now that's a way to make someone hurt.

One great episode that I wish wasn't over. Have got to see how this turns out.
Old 2010-04-18, 19:00   Link #15
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

THIS IS IT. It has the OMG moment i've been waiting for.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-04-18, 21:34   Link #16
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Oh.my.god.

Im speechless. Now I see why everyone was waiting for this.

The radio scene was brillant.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-04-18, 22:01   Link #17
klare

it was all Mustang, everyone else seems to be forgotten, i dont mind tho

Mustang gonna get more fans after this eps
Old 2010-04-19, 00:19   Link #18
MikeMania

Lets just say that the episode was... hot.
Old 2010-04-19, 03:35   Link #19
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Speaking of manga panels. Loved how they kept Mustang's glove pull in this one. Obvious Hellsing reference is obvious... ^_^
Really, i don't see a glove pull as a reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
it was all Mustang, everyone else seems to be forgotten, i dont mind tho
It's not like everyone has been forgotten, it's just that the story is focusing on Mustang at the moment. There's nothing wrong with that.
Old 2010-04-19, 04:01   Link #20
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That wasn't a new BGM. It's track 04 on the first soundtrack, Nightfall in Central City.

What was a new piece was the one used when Envy changed into Hughes wife. A slower, more heavy version of track 04 from the second soundtrack, Envy Revealed. What a grand piece it was.
I stand corrected. Certainly can't beat you on number of listens of the OST. :P Well, at least there's a point when it's used extremely well.
Closed Thread