AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 22 11.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 7.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 13.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 14.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 39 20.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 7.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 14 7.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 4.74%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 2.63%
1 out of 10 : Painful 19 10.00%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-22, 16:54   Link #41
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Didn't expect that.
Old 2012-03-22, 16:59   Link #42
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Urgh it's not as simple as that... it would require you know cutting off her existing legs to put those on and not everyone would be fond of that, like many people today. Plus you have no idea precisely what's wrong with her legs, it could be an issue with nerve messages which would mess that up anyway.
I still don't see what the issue is.

That and you got giant robots that can be controlled VIA Avatar pods so it shouldn't be THAT hard.
Old 2012-03-22, 16:59   Link #43
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
That doesn't solve the second issue. Also this is near future, so assuming we will have advanced to such a level doesn't work.
Second? The very point of the exoskeletons I was talking about is to help people who can't use legs at all. The impulses are being transmitted directly to hardware, the legs are just being a framework of a sort.
And this is not "near future" basing on the overall technology. It is at least 20 years from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Well, I'm slightly surprised, but it managed to be the usual random and crappy content I've ever seen to the very last episode. Plenty of things I'd love the anime to explain to me, but just like quoting from this anime, I don't even think the scriptwriters know. For instance, why Shuu went blind? Or why that researcher guy decided to toss Blondy into the elevator and decide not to escape?
Or is it just to force the emotionally moving(*snort*) scenes?
And and gah, Mana. The hell was that? "Oops, I was dancing but now I'm dead again!"

Oh and love the English. Why not just put that in Japanese? Think it is "cool"?

But anyways, it's not healthy or useful to bother going into every single (lack of) detail, so I'll wait until the final impressions thread to even bother...
I guess, for now:
( ´,_ゝ`)凸 @Director
He watched The End of Evangelion. We've got Katsuragi here!
Old 2012-03-22, 17:27   Link #44
AkumaPrincess
Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Thanks for the news.
Old 2012-03-22, 17:37   Link #45
AkumaPrincess
Witch

Apparently, there are light novels that are being published that go through the anime and explain what's going on in detail.

I just watched the RAW and really, no words describe how I feel at the moment. I loved the animation, the music and the quality of the show, but I didn't expect an ending like that. I can accept Inori's death because, really, how will she come back since all of what made Inori was erased.

I don't understand how in a "few" years, all of Japan is back to normal. That's a little fast to fix a total city that was post-apocalyptic for 10 years. I also didn't understand their Neo-Victorian flare in style. I just wish that we could've gotten a better finale, since the anime pulled from so many different sources.
Old 2012-03-22, 17:45   Link #46
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

It was very beautiful to watch.
But other than that I feel nothing but anger and disappointment. It was neither satisfying nor particularly conclusive. Many who should have died didn't, and probably will live happily ever after, while many who shouldn't have died, have and the writers just kept on shitting on Shu for no apparent reason until the end.

Funnell probably got the best ending out of anyone in the show.
Old 2012-03-22, 17:46   Link #47
Jellal
Anime Critic

From the beginning I had high hopes for this anime, and I knew something like this would happen. But to be honest, I'm fed up with the entire protagonist going emo, dying or handicapped in the end theme.

Still for entertainment sake, I'd say it wasn't all bad.
Only thing that bothers me is several things which weren't answered - but oh well.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-03-23 at 10:49. Reason: borderline spoiler comment
Old 2012-03-22, 17:59   Link #48
hyl
reading #hikaributts

The final episode was in my opinion not good at all.
Spoiler for spoiler:

Overall the serie was entertaining, but I think it's worse than Code Geass R2. Eventhough R2 had similar problems (like the writing) as Guilty Crown, it was more satisfying overall and the things that needed the be answered were mostly answered,
Old 2012-03-22, 18:05   Link #49
Aqua Knight

Okay ending, but many things left unclear.
Also I don't like that Shu went blind, even though there's logical explanation for that..
Old 2012-03-22, 18:08   Link #50
andy

Well the ending was stupid that is all i going to say about that. In the end GC look good , had great music but the story was full of problems .
The writers had no idea how to pace the show or make us care about certain things which in the end made most of what they were going for useless .
Old 2012-03-22, 18:09   Link #51
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I dropped this halfway through, but some ahem "friends" decided to make me watch it. So don't take me seriously; I just wanted to see Tsugumi dance and eye candy. So naturally I didn't get most of the plot but that was funny and "Release My soul" was used-- an excellent song. It could qualify easily for comedy of the year with that timeskip of a vague duration.

Tsugumi would make a good pole dancer, but sadly the whole thing was going too fast. +6 for a 6/10, about the average expectation I had for this series.

Also Shu lives and Inori dies. (No more SFSD)

And that's closure for me and this anime.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-03-22 at 18:28.
Old 2012-03-22, 18:11   Link #52
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
It was very beautiful to watch.
But other than that I feel nothing but anger and disappointment. It was neither satisfying nor particularly conclusive. Many who should have died didn't, and probably will live happily ever after, while many who shouldn't have died, have and the writers just kept on shitting on Shu for no apparent reason until the end.

Funnell probably got the best ending out of anyone in the show.
I just feel nothing. Usually an anime leaves me with something to reflect on in the end, but this literally gave me nothing to consider. It was just a bunch of zany aimless stuff that happened mimed out by a bunch of blank slate characters whose personalities, goals and relationships could be swapped out and swapped in for whatever it was that they wanted to do in a given week such that we never had reason to care about any of them.

Not really much else to say other than that was some kind of rushed ending even by Yoshino standards (Gundam Seed Destiny's ending has nothing on this) and as far as forgettable anime go this one ranks among the top in terms of shows that actually had a budget and promise going in. Maybe some day those great art assets will be recycled to make something with a better writer because it's such a shame to see them go to waste.
Old 2012-03-22, 18:17   Link #53
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Kind of a lol ending, but semi-good. What amuses me most is that the legal way to watch this is delayed for who knows how long, while us dirty pirates have already seen it subbed. Way to go Funi.

PS: Shu is blind because Inori went blind from being corrupted by Mana. So since she used her life to save Shu's, he became blind as well.
Old 2012-03-22, 18:22   Link #54
lightbringer
M9000

Well. It sure beats having a sappy "Shu/Inori living happily ever after" type of ending. But there is room for improvement. Like when that chick (whatshername) recovers her leg only to lose her void and get shot in the gut (too bad she lived, I'd been happy with that moment being the last time we saw her). Or the fact that Shu survives, even if he's now blind in addition to needing a prosthetic arm. I don't buy the whole Jesus Shu thing they have going on ever since like five episodes ago (if not earlier), but I still think the story would be better with him dead.

But there is in fact one undeniably very good thing about the ending - the fact that it happened this week and not a month from now on. I don't think I could stomach another four episodes of this, sad to say.
Old 2012-03-22, 18:29   Link #55
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

So the show didn't end with a huge bang or a huge whimper. It just came and went. Eh, at least it wasn't that bad a finale, but I think Shu could have used some sunglasses.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-03-22, 18:39   Link #56
GigaGaia

Anybody knows what is the insert song that plays near the end in the last few minutes?
Old 2012-03-22, 18:40   Link #57
Flames

This whole ending sucked. Shu just couldn't get a happy ending it seems which pisses me off. In the end he got nothing after all he went though. It seems Shu void got destroyed and what Inori gave him was her own void so he could live. His void arm is gone after the time skipped and is replaced by a mechanical one. So I guess him listening towards her songs and seeing her as he closed his eyes is him actually feeling her heart inside of him I assume. This series could had been better.
Old 2012-03-22, 19:08   Link #58
Arkard

In the end, Arisa ends the show with what she will always be remembered for. Getting penetrated by a foreign object.

Seems Funell was the one that got the good ending.

All in all, meh.
Old 2012-03-22, 19:10   Link #59
hero147

I think it's in bad taste when a show abuses the main character and the main character gets a shitty ending. I'm a bit disappointed. The PV and promise for this anime looked very good before it actually aired. Lol.
Old 2012-03-22, 19:13   Link #60
Sixth
Hu Tao

The ending left a lot to be desired. The ending practically didn't tell anything. I am disappointed. Now I don't know whether Shu still have the power of the king or not, and now he is blind. The battle between Gai was so rushed. But then, I can't really blame the animator since there are just too many contents to be forced into one episode, to be precise, 22 minutes.

Guilty crown will be good if it is 24 episodes. Sad.
Closed Thread