Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2013-11-19, 05:27   Link #381
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffle View Post
Which one is that? I have looked down every option and route and I have yet to find that.
It's in Chapter 11 of the Canon route. Specifically, the "Endless Love" heading.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 19:42   Link #382
Alhazard

A very excellent job you did in creating this full-of-fun yuri visual novel. I enjoyed every moment of its story (I haven't watched Madoka Magica so that explains why i'm really enjoying the story xD) I loved that you added a lot of options to select from to set up the characters intimacy. I do appreciate your wonderful work here. Just keep it up :3

I've got a question xD Is it normal after finishing Chapter 5 and saving the progress so i'd start Chapter 6 to find myself in the main menu page where i get to select New game or Load game after i click on my saved chapter 6 file? *woah long sentence xD*

Sorry for interrupting your time.
Thank you.
Alhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 09:37   Link #383
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

just think of posting some screenshot of the upcoming new version here, as I grow my skill and sense of quality have matured as well, tell me what you think about my complete rework of the VN, and compare them to the old version.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-11-20, 09:47   Link #384
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
That looks very nice!

It looks much more polished and professional now. I like the "Save", "Load", "Auto", and "Exit" buttons on the side.

What do "Auto" and "Exit" do, by the way?

@Truffle - Thanks a lot for the feedback. Good point on question refinement if I had went with that Mami/Madoka/Sayaka love triangle. Yeah, the original idea probably made it too obvious what the "right" answer is. Still, keep in mind that these are the scrapped ideas, which is why they're generally not as refined as what you see in the fanfic/VN itself.
Old 2013-11-20, 09:51   Link #385
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

thank you.

"Auto" will automatically skip to the next text for you, and "exit" quit the game.
Old 2013-11-20, 09:56   Link #386
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Oh WOW! Those screenshots look incredible.

You've really outdone yourself, Kimidori. It's gonna be hard to wait for the latest version.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 11:45   Link #387
Truffle
Urobuchi's Prodigy Son
*IT Support

I really like the new look! The only thing is, from what it looks like from the screenshots is that there are allot of pictures, instead of backgrounds with avatars in front. Just bear in mind that you might be just making it harder for yourself if you ever get into a non cannon route.
Old 2013-11-22, 12:19   Link #388
Alhazard

Wow the new version looks so spectacular *.*
How long will it takes?
Alhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 12:39   Link #389
Triple_R
*Author

@Alhazard - First of all, great name. I know of only two anime shows that reference a name like that, and they're both in my Top 5 anime shows of all-time. And Madoka Magica is also in that Top 5, so we may share a lot of the same taste in anime.

Secondly, sorry for somehow missing your original post. I guess I was so excited over Kimidori's info that I missed your post right before it.

But I'll address it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazard View Post
A very excellent job you did in creating this full-of-fun yuri visual novel. I enjoyed every moment of its story (I haven't watched Madoka Magica so that explains why i'm really enjoying the story xD) I loved that you added a lot of options to select from to set up the characters intimacy. I do appreciate your wonderful work here. Just keep it up :3
Thanks a lot! I think that the Visual Novel genre/format has a lot of great potential. When I was a teenager, I was hooked on these "Choose Your Adventure" style games/books. I've tried to take the spirit of those older books, and add them to what VNs already have going on.

I want readers/players to have real choice in where they take the story, and for their choices to have logical repercussions.

Quote:

I've got a question xD Is it normal after finishing Chapter 5 and saving the progress so i'd start Chapter 6 to find myself in the main menu page where i get to select New game or Load game after i click on my saved chapter 6 file? *woah long sentence xD*
The current VN demo only goes as far as Chapter 5. The main challenge facing Kimidori and I is that neither of us are great artists when it comes to drawing/coloring. So that does make it tricky to turn the story into a VN after Chapter 5, since after Chapter 5 it's harder to just rely on existing game sprites and anime screenshots. But the good news is that we should soon have a VN demo update that goes a bit into Mami Lives, and a bit beyond Chapter 6.

But in any event, if any fan-artist really likes what Kimidori and I have done so far, we'd love to have you on-board. We already have comprehensive game sprites for the main characters. If we could get background drawings for a few OC settings, and some sprite drawings for a handful of OCs, then we'd probably be set! (Some drawings for H-Scenes would be nice, but I'd consider that gravy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazard View Post
Wow the new version looks so spectacular *.*
How long will it takes?
Kimidori is working hard at it, to his credit, but I don't think we have a set time-frame right now. I personally hope we'll have something new to offer by Christmas.
Old 2013-11-23, 06:02   Link #390
Truffle
Urobuchi's Prodigy Son
*IT Support

Three cheers to Triple R and Kimidori for making awesome stuff for free! Hip hip, hooray! Hip hip, hooray! Hip hip, hooray!
Old 2013-11-29, 01:49   Link #391
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

anyone here have a windows xp machine? if you do I would like to ask you to help test the build that I compiled with Visual Studio 2012, which initially did not support compiling xp app but did later. but it might still not work and and don't have a win xp machine to test myself, if the game does not support xp then I will roll back to Visual Studio 2010.

Last edited by Kimidori; 2013-11-29 at 02:09.
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 10:43   Link #392
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

double post for another update about the new version

in previous version, all of the VN music was converted from downloaded youtube video and encoded at low quality, which, when remaking the VN (with a brand new high quality headphone too), feel unhearable to me and just ruin the experience.

so in the new version, I decided to convert the music from the lossless audio format FLAC and encode the audio at high quality with the ogg format, this will increase the game file size but it will make the game a better experience for you guys.
Old 2013-12-02, 02:06   Link #393
Xylaph

Is the new version going to have a proper skip function? As much as I hate to admit it, I only see myself going through one or two routes if it doesn't.

On a perhaps more helpful note, I've still got an old laptop bumming around with XP and would be more than happy to test that build.
Xylaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 05:39   Link #394
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylaph View Post
Is the new version going to have a proper skip function? As much as I hate to admit it, I only see myself going through one or two routes if it doesn't.

On a perhaps more helpful note, I've still got an old laptop bumming around with XP and would be more than happy to test that build.
you can change text speed in the new version, change the speed to 5 and press the auto button and it is practically the skip function.

I will send you the test build shorty.

Last edited by Kimidori; 2013-12-02 at 08:35.
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 08:35   Link #395
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylaph View Post
Is my narration too wordy? I'll admit that even I myself find the narration a bit wordy when I've played this in VN format.

Or is it that you're mainly interested in a particular pairing or two?
Old 2013-12-02, 21:26   Link #396
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Is my narration too wordy? I'll admit that even I myself find the narration a bit wordy when I've played this in VN format.

Or is it that you're mainly interested in a particular pairing or two?
its probably not quite that your so wordy, its just that retracing back steps to explore the other options is something most want.

is the "skip" mode in this the type to fastforward and then stop once you reach a scene you havent seen yet? or is it just one of those fast texts where you have to manually stop the "skip" to resume reading normally? the former is the best one id say.

anyways im glad you guys are still working on this. this means that its not dead yet and triple_R may start continuing the fic soon. hope you find a good artist.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 22:55   Link #397
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
its probably not quite that your so wordy, its just that retracing back steps to explore the other options is something most want.
Good point. And given all the special endings I have in this, having skip options would make sense.

Quote:

anyways im glad you guys are still working on this. this means that its not dead yet and triple_R may start continuing the fic soon. hope you find a good artist.
We're not giving up on the project. There's a decent chance I'll renew my writing on this before Christmas.

If I do so, would people prefer it if I continued with Magica Wars, or would people prefer it if I tried to finish off some routes on the major branch where Mami was killed by Charlotte?
Old 2013-12-03, 00:07   Link #398
Truffle
Urobuchi's Prodigy Son
*IT Support

I love the idea of Magica Wars, but to me it feels like more of a sequel to PPPL, so I would prefer if you finished off the Mami dies routes. That's just my opinion though, and as long as you write something I'm happy

Last edited by Truffle; 2013-12-03 at 06:53.
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 06:52   Link #399
silvercover
Romance Expert

hmm.

well on 1 hand magica wars is very new and unknown to us, finishing the familiar stuff may be better.

on the other hand, magica wars seems to be my most likely chance to get homuraXsayaka again . oh and of course kyouko, iirc her first debut in mami dies route was in magica wars so its also likely to be closest to get a route for her, as kyouko's the only one who doesnt have a route yet(coupling her with mami/sayaka doesnt count as they're not the protagonist).

so I vote for magica wars.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 01:46   Link #400
Homucifer
Banned

I didn't get a email seeing someone replied apperntaly.

Anyway you can just take some fanmade pics or some pics off exhentai(non-h or H) instead of the boring old generic crap even if it looks out of place.

And you should do a spin off or something of the new movie that came out it was great.
Homucifer is offline   Reply With Quote