AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-06, 05:24   Link #41
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
If they were only animating this manga to ride Ouran's success, I wish they would've animated Hana-Kimi instead It's a MUCH better reverse-harem story...
YNSH isn't a reverse harem though.

Spoiler for couples in the series:

Quote:
But anyway, I am still crossing my fingers that the jokes don't get old. The manga was a one-trick pony: every volume was the same. Ouran stayed funny because ALL of the characters were hilarious and interesting. In this manga, though, the only character that is interesting or funny is the main girl. Everyone else is dull and just seems to be drifting along for the ride...
I mostly liked Ouran Host Club because Haruhi was quite different for a main character and fun to watch/read. For me, the primary reason to watch YNSH is the same - main character Sunako is a riot.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 07:05   Link #42
Zoya
Dazed and Confused

I think anyone looking for a successor to Ouran in this series is looking in the wrong place. There are some similarities of course, but the whole point of this series is to be rather off the wall -- I think it will appeal to those who enjoy bizarre situational comedy.

Nabeshin will have a chance to shine in later episodes. A lot of the comedy is very dark and/or physical -- a lot of the fun is just the reactions of the people around Sunako when she goes all bizarre, which is one of the things I am really looking forward to.

The design is not gorgeous, but that isn't a good reason to dismiss a series like this. (Tenshi na Konamaiki is far from pretty but is one of my most-loved series because it is so hilarious.) Additionally, the male designs in particular have always struck me as a bit of a parody on some of the more overly sexualized males in some josei manga.

I agree with the above poster and want to reiterate -- this is definitely NOT reverse harem. Perhaps they are trying to capitalize on the sucess of Ouran, but it's a very different type of series. And while the My Fair Lady comparison can be made in regards to the premise, the story doesn't really revolve around that so much as it becomes a bit of a plot device for large scale gags later on.
Zoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 09:06   Link #43
chucky
Always impatient

I would say My Fair Lady crazed version, with the Tokyo Necrophile Lady meeting F4 (one of the most famous groups in East Asia)......

As picky as me and as turned off by shoujo stuff as I do (yes, i've already given up Nana manga even), I indeed miraculously read all 16 volumes of manga non-stop one night.... I dont know why, but if u enjoy stuff like eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, man, you dont wanna miss it. I know it sounds wierd, but I feel some very subtle sadness behind every chapter, each of which is quite well done overall without, amazingly, much repetition -- although understandably some people may find the series too bizzare for sure.

Ouran is something cant give me a single giggle; but this one I can laugh out loud. I dunno why, but no, it is definitely not reverse harem, and I think in terms of plot cleverness Ouran can only come close in wet dream.

And the first chapter doesnt even get near to any of the crazy stuff later in the series......
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 19:09   Link #44
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

So, we still dont have a fansub for PGE? :S
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 20:22   Link #45
Rubbersoul

I just heard that this anime existed today and I have like six PGE books on my bookshelf. But, I'm really pumped. I hope it gets subbed soon.
Rubbersoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 09:24   Link #46
Lotiman

Another one of my favorite. Love the manga from the very 1st chapters. She is the most weird/peculiar female heroine I ever seen.
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 10:09   Link #47
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So far I haven't heard a peep about this show from my favorite fansub groups... hoping someone decides to take it on before the fall is over.
Old 2006-10-10, 04:55   Link #48
mzxsunny

i think c1 anime is subbing.. its on their website, but its not out yet
mzxsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 06:43   Link #49
chucky
Always impatient

Guess it has something to do with the manga version has been licensed, and that means it is very probable the series will be licensed in a near future...

But well, learning japanese or chinese will do you many goods if you are an anime fan ;P
Old 2006-10-10, 15:16   Link #50
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzxsunny
i think c1 anime is subbing.. its on their website, but its not out yet
Better Ill be waiting the release, then.
Old 2006-10-11, 03:40   Link #51
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 2 raw

Hi - la - ri - ous. Nabeshin roams free (with the manga to keep him from disappearing up his own imagination). And the seiyuu for Sunako (Takaguchi Yukiko) is out there on the edge with him, wailing away:

Great sound effects for the nosebleeds. The gothloli sisters and the gang girls were fine. Can they keep this up? Will it get old? For me, so far it's just getting better. And the outlines of story and character development are beginning to form.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 11:46   Link #52
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Like, downloading.
Old 2006-10-11, 12:13   Link #53
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Hi - la - ri - ous. Nabeshin roams free (with the manga to keep him from disappearing up his own imagination). And the seiyuu for Sunako (Takaguchi Yukiko) is out there on the edge with him, wailing away:

Great sound effects for the nosebleeds. The gothloli sisters and the gang girls were fine. Can they keep this up? Will it get old? For me, so far it's just getting better. And the outlines of story and character development are beginning to form.
Eehhh, Nabeshin is involved in this?!!

Well that settles it; I'll be watching the whole thing.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 16:12   Link #54
kari-no-sugata

Quote:

I don't have vol 1 to hand to compare agianst, but I thought they missed out on or two important lines - which makes the story feel a bit more random. They even toned down some bits (yes, really). For the basic story itself, it was mostly to the original manga chapter 2, if I remember correctly, except they spliced in chapter 3 (rubber duck scene and sick-in-bed scene). Was also weird seeing the goth girls there (mostly for padding I think) since I don't they showed up until like volume 5 or something.

I note that this time they showed the flowers wilting from Sunako being near them (I think they missed it out last week).

Next week should be just as mad.
Old 2006-10-12, 06:56   Link #55
chucky
Always impatient

Hmm... I watched ep 2..... hmm.....

1) I think compared to the manga, it has missed some of the more juicy jokes. And to me it is a bit more contrived than ep. 1, trying to pack 2 chapters into one episode.

2) It is gonna omit the next chapter in which
Spoiler:
My concern is: a lot of the better and funnier jokes are actually very sexually crazed and it seems that the censorship is not gonna permit those like
Spoiler:

If they choose to screen out all these over-the-board jokes, the overall effectiveness of the comedies will be signficantly curtailed.....

3) What will be the focus of the anime? On the "My Fair Lady" part? Well, it is embedded in the manga, but eventually we find out that
Spoiler:

No, some people in this thread didnt really get this manga imo.... it is not really about conditioning a chick to behave like a woman, but actually more a discovery of oneself in a, well, very bizarre (and hilarious of cuz)process. If this anime chooses to focus just on the "my fair lady" thing, no, I dont think it is gonna work. But of cuz, we will have to wait for several more episodes to make the judgment.
Old 2006-10-12, 09:21   Link #56
SinsI

just "flirting"? He goes a lot further than this, after all
Spoiler for family problems in manga:
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 11:51   Link #57
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I would definitely not expect Nabeshin ever to follow a manga very closely. Maybe some jokes and some plot threads will go missing. Maybe they will show up when we least expect them. And I expect there to be a lot that is "contrived." PuniPuni Poemi, for example, is hardly a model of naturalness and coherence.

But I also expect the "sexually crazed" bits to get included at some point. The show is on at 1:30 in the morning, and PuniPuni Poemi was fairly sexually crazed. Then again, it's on TV Tokyo, so who knows. Nana, which is on at 11:30pm on NTV, includes a teenage guy who...
Spoiler:
As for what the anime will focus on, so far the My Fair Lady theme and...
Spoiler:
Does anyone have an idea what the title refers to? I think it translates as : "The Seven Apparitions of a Yamato Nadeshiko."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 13:46   Link #58
ashefatal
YOUR secret stalker

C1 Anime released the sub for the first ep. Well, I guess this can be moved to the fansubbed forum...
ashefatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 14:15   Link #59
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Does anyone have an idea what the title refers to? I think it translates as : "The Seven Apparitions of a Yamato Nadeshiko."
The Seven Aspects of the Perfect Woman

or something like that - ie to be a perfect (classical Japanese) woman you need 7 particular attributes. I don't remember finding a list of what they actually are though.

Sunako pretty much has the set (most likely), apart from... well... actually wanting to be like a woman.
Old 2006-10-12, 14:19   Link #60
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Fansub mode GET!
Yay