AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-23, 10:10   Link #41
Xagzan

Honestly it took me 2 viewings to really appreciate the show myself. After I'd finished it the first time, I remember still being confused by a lot of things, especially the the terminology. Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention, but that's how it was. I'd liked that things picked up more towards the second half, but ultimately I felt it was just "good."

On my second viewing though, I don't know what it was, but everything just started clicking and falling into place for me, especially once the second half rolled around again, and I started to think, "Oh my god, this is absolutely beautiful."

Quote:
Originally Posted by webkid94 View Post
Mysteries:
Naoki Sato coming back to make the music? Hope so.
This needs to happen. I don't know if he's still involved for the Blood-C movie, but he needs to do this.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 11:02   Link #42
RJ TAYLER

Man I was thinking there could be no way that they could top what has happened already in 2011. Then this news comes along and gives 2012 a whole new lot of AWESOME to play with. A rewatching is called for, of course, and just before the airing date.
Old 2011-12-23, 11:58   Link #43
miketyson

I'm with Xagzan on the original: on a second watch Eureka Seven's flaws are just as visible as on the first time through, but the stuff it does well stands out a lot more. It also helps a lot if you've read some of the sci-fi, etc., that it's getting its ideas from.

Given how the movie turned out it's prudent to be nervous about a sequel, but all the same I'm very excited that a sequel is getting made. One of the things that holds the original back a bit is that it was made only a little prior to when most animation started getting made in HD. The prospect of seeing the Eureka Seven universe with modern production values is *very* exciting.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 12:37   Link #44
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Eureka 7 is actually a homage to the Gundam series and Evangelion among other mecha series.

The arcs and are practically the same as the original Gundam and lots of characters are homages themselves. Like Eureka's 3 children, they reference the 3 children in Gundam. Then there's Charles and Ray who references Ramba Ral and his wife, when Renton left Gekko-go, which is also referencing Shinji when he left NERV in Evangelion.

Mecha fans would have have found it easy to get the story, for me its probably the 'Eva clone' that made the most sense and wrapped itself up the best. Other so called 'Eva clones' like Rahxephon needed a bit more thinking.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 12:54   Link #45
MAX_COLA_POWER!

So Eureka and Renton "Beams" Thurston actually made a kid huh? Never knew you had it in you Beams. Hopefully Holland didn't kill ya.
Old 2011-12-23, 14:36   Link #46
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Then there's Charles and Ray who references Ramba Ral and his wife, when Renton left Gekko-go, which is also referencing Shinji when he left NERV in Evangelion.
Wouldn't Rento leaving Gekko-go be a reference to Gundam as well (Amuro leaving White Base) it matches up nicely with the Charles and Ramba comparison.

Anyway I'm wondering if they are going to continue the homage trend, if so, which series. Zeta Gundam perhaps? They already used the Titans colour scheme in the first series though.
Old 2011-12-23, 14:47   Link #47
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Wouldn't Rento leaving Gekko-go be a reference to Gundam as well (Amuro leaving White Base) it matches up nicely with the Charles and Ramba comparison.

Anyway I'm wondering if they are going to continue the homage trend, if so, which series. Zeta Gundam perhaps? They already used the Titans colour scheme in the first series though.
Yea I meant Renton referenced both, but actually Shinji can be said to reference Amuro in the first place as well.

We'll have to see how the kid acquires the LFO, will it be a hijack, a chance encounter, or forced to pilot lol

Old 2011-12-23, 17:29   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
This link posted by fertygo shows the girl:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nch-next-month

The design of the boy makes sense, when it makes sense, its not lazy. Straight away we can see that the character is related to Renton and Eureka, if that's what they want us to know, then the character has been designed well.
His design here (the manga design then) is pretty good. He looks like his parents without being the clone of one of them. The anime one just looks odd to me. Maybe it's not as bad as I think; I need more pics.
Old 2011-12-23, 17:58   Link #49
Jarmel

Quote:
Yea I meant Renton referenced both, but actually Shinji can be said to reference Amuro in the first place as well.

We'll have to see how the kid acquires the LFO, will it be a hijack, a chance encounter, or forced to pilot lol
My guess is that E+R probably have that mech lying around due to the similarities to Nirvash. Now as to the reason why he would need to use the mech is unclear. Most of the conflict points are pretty much over. Now they could do a serious time jump and go something like 50 to 100 years later and show human on human conflict.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 22:40   Link #50
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
did somebody forgot about the Macross homage?, you know, the red & blue LFO's & the itano circus & Kawamori-sensei mecha designs?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 01:19   Link #51
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
My guess is that E+R probably have that mech lying around due to the similarities to Nirvash. Now as to the reason why he would need to use the mech is unclear. Most of the conflict points are pretty much over. Now they could do a serious time jump and go something like 50 to 100 years later and show human on human conflict.
Not sure if they're including the movie events into the story, if they do, the story may even run from a parallel universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
did somebody forgot about the Macross homage?, you know, the red & blue LFO's & the itano circus & Kawamori-sensei mecha designs?
Certainly for the visual aspect, you can even say that they combined Gunbuster's Homing Laser with the Itano Circus.

Old 2011-12-24, 03:06   Link #52
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Great news!

Absolutely adored Eureka 7.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 05:20   Link #53
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Hell yes!!!

im looking forward to this one. i hope renton and eureka is still alive
Old 2011-12-24, 09:23   Link #54
Blaat

Personally I'm hoping Renton's grandfather is still alive, even though his seiyuu retired, I really liked him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
To be fair we were only talking about story-related homages, as you said there were lots of visual homages to Macross Itano-circus, that famous grabbing hand while falling sequence in episode 26 IIRC etc.
Old 2011-12-24, 09:33   Link #55
yellowscarves

I agree on Renton's grandfather. He's probably my favorite character from Eureka 7, and seeing his tombstone would leave me feeling disappointed for a while, regardless of how good the sequel turns out to be.
yellowscarves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 09:44   Link #56
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Hell yes!!!

im looking forward to this one. i hope renton and eureka is still alive
If that's their child, I don't see why they couldn't be.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 10:21   Link #57
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Only know this show from SRW Z (and the movie version from Z2.1), never watched the series or the movie itself, were they good?
I totally love Nirvash though (the mecha, and the 'mascot character', mukyuuu~), the "I CAN FLYYYYYY" scream, and Sakura song. Cherry blossom, cherry blossom
Old 2011-12-24, 10:27   Link #58
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

As a SRW fan definitely you'd want to watch, in fact Eureka 7 is one of those mecha animes which SRW did not do complete justice to the animation.

The mecha animation in Eureka 7 is very smooth and dynamic, which made it quite a challenge to animate properly in SRW even though it still turned out good.

Old 2011-12-24, 11:27   Link #59
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
If that's their child, I don't see why they couldn't be.
i reckon renton and eureka probaly disappear for some reason then the kid goes looking for them, running into the cast from the 1st season throughout the anime.

anyone else agree?
Old 2011-12-24, 12:03   Link #60
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Only know this show from SRW Z (and the movie version from Z2.1), never watched the series or the movie itself, were they good?
I totally love Nirvash though (the mecha, and the 'mascot character', mukyuuu~), the "I CAN FLYYYYYY" scream, and Sakura song. Cherry blossom, cherry blossom
The original is pretty solid. Most people including myself would argue that the first half is basically plotless and takes on a sort of daily life aboard the Gekko-Go feel, but eventually the show starts to take off when the aforementioned Renton leaving the ship arc.

Also Sakura introduced me to Nirgilis which is a pretty cool duo that makes some pretty experimental music, especially for a Japanese group. Definitely my favorite opening from the original and I hope they'll be back along with FLOW.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen