AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 12.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 28.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-20, 05:25   Link #61
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

I don't think Nanaka started the fire. If you remember correctly, She and her uncle were the 2 prime suspects, so I submit that for the sake of surprise, neither of them could have started the fire. I'm hoping the arsonist's identity will shock me, but not become completely ridiculous like Aoi being the one.
Old 2007-12-20, 08:27   Link #62
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well what to say this was a pretty boring episode. Aoi's fake sick voice while she was talking to Sana was so irritating i actually fast forwarded it was the most horrfying sound i have ever heard i didnt know my ears could bleed that much. I did enjoy SanaxNanaka time at the river the two just look so good together and at this point they definetly need some alone time. Plus hearing Nanaka tell Sana she loves him was something i was waiting for right after the girlfriend and watch question which we still have not got any answers to.

Its nice to see Shuu and Shuri are doing fine as evident by him sending the rod. I really wanted more follow up with their dad and stepmom after they ran away. But they didnt even touch on a search or anything it was so disappointing.

I did enjoy the end with Nanaka freaking because of the color of the sky and it looks that jolt was enough to bring her memories back. Well its almost over i must say i enjoyed the series up to this point but it could have been so so much better. This episode really advanced nothing for the plot nor did it fill in any plot holes

My guess is Nanaka started the fire accidently and of course the trauma made her forget about it now it will be brought to light and in order to calm Nanaka down sana will share his own traumatic experience.

6/10
Old 2007-12-20, 09:45   Link #63
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
I don't think Nanaka started the fire. If you remember correctly, She and her uncle were the 2 prime suspects, so I submit that for the sake of surprise, neither of them could have started the fire. I'm hoping the arsonist's identity will shock me, but not become completely ridiculous like Aoi being the one.
The preview...

"sensei! sensei!"...

And if you look, nanaka's dad also has long hair...

I say its either one or the other

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-20, 13:09   Link #64
changeup

My guess is that Nanaka found out sensei was with her mother (or the worse, her father), and she freaked out, accidentally caused the fire, which killed her parents and sensei........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
The preview...

"sensei! sensei!"...

And if you look, nanaka's dad also has long hair...

I say its either one or the other
Old 2007-12-20, 13:54   Link #65
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
in order to calm Nanaka down sana will share his own traumatic experience.
I'm really disappointed in this ep. If it's gonna come down to Sana sharing his past to comfort Nanaka or to symphathize with her, for me, that will be so damn lame >_>... Use so many hints just for something like that?... come on, I will be so angry if that's the case. But... It also depends on what his past is.

I felt there were to many things not necessary in this ep. The walk up that path to the cave could've been cut out and simply switch to a scene of them running to that cave then Nanaka asking where they are then Sana explaining (like he already did btw), could've saved 2 minutes (?) for something "more important", or simply made shorter, just one example.

Like it has been said (in different words), the sunset triggering Nanaka's past is pretty much the only important thing in this ep which lasted less than 5 mins. Oh and Nanaka confessing (?) to Sana was so neutral, what gives?

6/10
Old 2007-12-20, 14:04   Link #66
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I'm really disappointed in this ep. If it's gonna come down to Sana sharing his past to comfort Nanaka or to symphathize with her, for me, that will be so damn lame >_>... Use so many hints just for something like that?... come on, I will be so angry if that's the case. But... It also depends on what his past is.

I felt there were to many things not necessary in this ep. The walk up that path to the cave could've been cut out and simply switch to a scene of them running to that cave then Nanaka asking where they are then Sana explaining (like he already did btw), could've saved 2 minutes (?) for something "more important", or simply made shorter, just one example.

Like it has been said (in different words), the sunset triggering Nanaka's past is pretty much the only important thing in this ep which lasted less than 5 mins. Oh and Nanaka confessing (?) to Sana was so neutral, what gives?

6/10
I think that sana will share his bad experience which is connected to that watch he has.
But as previously said it was quite disappointing as the only memorable bits was the confessing which was poor as he didn't reply back or anything she wouldn't just fall asleep but saying she loves sana.
Looking at the preview i see the next episode will continue from the " i i i" showing that her uncle set fire and she saw him do it but some how blocked the memory out of her mind, so you will see that memory then sana's bad memory and then maybe to end it with a kiss between them both, to me that sounds do-able to be in the last episode, but i really hope there will be a second series but i don't think this will happen which is quite sad as i feel this series was very well done with the voice acting to the great art and even storyline.
Old 2007-12-20, 15:26   Link #67
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post

6/10
I understand your pain i was enjoying the series along with Kimikiss but this episode just secured for me which one i like more. The episode wasted a lot of time on unimportant events. Im not saying that the alone time Nanaka and Sana spent together was a waste but there were parts that could have been cut. I always felt that whatever happened to Sana while he was away deserved at 2 episodes to explore. First being explaining what happened and the aftermath and the 2nd being coming to terms with it. I dont hate the series by any means but with the high possibility of a weak conclusion it just saddens me that a great oppertunity has been missed.
Old 2007-12-20, 16:09   Link #68
DanielSong39

Classic example of missing the forest for the trees. The whole deal with Nanaka and her issues is a minor point compared to the crisis that's going on. The twins run away from home, and "I feel bad about it" is all you can say?! How about helping the police and the twins' parents find the two? Sana knew when they left and where they were heading - yet he'd just let them run away?!

Spoiler for Parallel situation in Asatte no Houkou:

While Sana/Nanaka story was meant to be the main plotline, sometimes you have to go with the flow. The twins hijacked the show in episodes 9-11, and you can't just arbitrarily give it back. To suggest that their story was given "closure" is absolutely ludicrous - it's just getting to the good part!

Power rankings:
1. Hinako - At this rate, she might be ready for a relationship before Sana is. Full props to her character, and hope she can find someone better than the "nice guy" loser or the guy into twincest.

2. Aoi - Minus points for lying to Sana and Nanaka. Not only is lying wrong, it is also to her disadvantage. And she, not Sana, is the one best equipped to cheer Nanaka up, from what I've seen. Maybe she decided to dump Sana and look for someone better? Can't blame her for that.

3. Yuzuki - Is it just me, or does she look a lot like Aoi's mom? Clearly a finished product but the age gap seems insurmountable. A spunky, caring personality that will go a long way.

4. Nanaka - watching her with Sana is like pulling teeth. Dull, awkward, and forced. And the show has done a lousy job of promoting her strength - the "cool" side that causes people to admire her from afar. Would've loved to see her at the shrine more often.

5. Asami - disappeared off the face of the earth. One of the worst victims of character assassination I've ever seen.

6. Shuri - looks like Asami's letter was a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Old 2007-12-20, 16:13   Link #69
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I misrated this episode. It was cute in some parts but yes, the drama that built up during the last two episodes was for naught. I can only hope that the next one will be better.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2007-12-20 at 19:48.
Old 2007-12-20, 17:59   Link #70
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

2/10

Well, its gonna be a rushed ending obviously. Sana's story is gonna get shafted, otherwise we'll have two people holding their heads screaming in mental pain, cause both are so screwed up from past experience that they will be unable to help one another. Good times.
Old 2007-12-20, 18:58   Link #71
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

I really hope the last episode is good, because I don't want this episode to be my final memories of the series.

This episode was so disappointing as others have said. I really feel like a lot of time was wasted in this episode. I felt that Sana's entire talk with Yuzuki-sensei was a waste of time really. I didn't see the importance of that scene at all. I also did not like that they wasted time over the "Sana couldn't catch a fish." scene at the river.

"Watch a man closely, because after three days...
he'll improve tremendously."

I have never heard such a stupid saying before in my life.

The best part of the episode had to be inside the cave. It's nice to see them actually open up to one another, even if it was just them asking questions to each other. The ending left me speechless, though. A sunset triggers her memories about the fire? Are you kidding me?

I really can't think of an ending that would satisfy me. I really can't think how the fire and Sana's past would relate or have anything to do with each other other than to show how miserable their past 5 years have been. I hope I'm wrong and the last episode blows me away. But as of right now, I'm cautiously pessimistic about the series' last episode.
Old 2007-12-20, 19:10   Link #72
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
"Watch a man closely, because after three days...
he'll improve tremendously."
That's a saying from the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Or at least, it was said by a genera from that time.
Old 2007-12-20, 19:47   Link #73
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Classic example of missing the forest for the trees. The whole deal with Nanaka and her issues is a minor point compared to the crisis that's going on. The twins run away from home, and "I feel bad about it" is all you can say?! How about helping the police and the twins' parents find the two? Sana knew when they left and where they were heading - yet he'd just let them run away?!
And how does he know where they are headed to?
Quote:
While Sana/Nanaka story was meant to be the main plotline, sometimes you have to go with the flow. The twins hijacked the show in episodes 9-11, and you can't just arbitrarily give it back. To suggest that their story was given "closure" is absolutely ludicrous - it's just getting to the good part!

Power rankings:
1. Hinako - At this rate, she might be ready for a relationship before Sana is. Full props to her character, and hope she can find someone better than the "nice guy" loser or the guy into twincest.

2. Aoi - Minus points for lying to Sana and Nanaka. Not only is lying wrong, it is also to her disadvantage. And she, not Sana, is the one best equipped to cheer Nanaka up, from what I've seen. Maybe she decided to dump Sana and look for someone better? Can't blame her for that.

3. Yuzuki - Is it just me, or does she look a lot like Aoi's mom? Clearly a finished product but the age gap seems insurmountable. A spunky, caring personality that will go a long way.

4. Nanaka - watching her with Sana is like pulling teeth. Dull, awkward, and forced. And the show has done a lousy job of promoting her strength - the "cool" side that causes people to admire her from afar. Would've loved to see her at the shrine more often.

5. Asami - disappeared off the face of the earth. One of the worst victims of character assassination I've ever seen.

6. Shuri - looks like Asami's letter was a self-fulfilling prophecy.
1) I don't see where the hate for sana is coming from, he never did anything wrong. Nor shuu - who isn't into twincest mind you

Hinako is a flawless character ^^

2) Aoi pretty much failed in terms of getting any spot light...might as well have her kept at home like a statue.

3) Best sensei ever?

4) Well I for one love that side to her. As crazy as she can be I just can help but want to care for her. One of my major weakness for such characters ^^

5) LOL

6) She isn't into twincest either (though I do think that they make the perfect couple).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-12-20, 19:52   Link #74
DanielSong39

Sana saw them at the train station, knows when the train left, and which direction it was heading. If he tipped off the police, they would at least have a good lead to follow.

Letting them run away like that is downright irresponsible. I'd prefer to have a friend who looks out for my best interest, even if it goes against my wishes at the time.
Old 2007-12-20, 20:17   Link #75
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Sana saw them at the train station, knows when the train left, and which direction it was heading. If he tipped off the police, they would at least have a good lead to follow.

Letting them run away like that is downright irresponsible. I'd prefer to have a friend who looks out for my best interest, even if it goes against my wishes at the time.
If Sana called the cops on Shuu, I would probably still be laughing a whole week later . Can't you imagine it?

Shuu: *Sees Sana running up to the train*.
Sana: *Starts shouting at the train*
Shuri: The train is too loud. I can't hear what Sana is saying.
Shuu: No, I know what he is saying. "We will always be friends". *Breaks out into tears*
Shuri:*Starts crying also*

Meanwhile, outside the train.
Sana: Shuu! I called the cops! They're coming for your ass!
Old 2007-12-20, 20:22   Link #76
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

There is really nothing Sana could do in this situation. Calling the police would be like backstabbing a friend. It is like saying that he is standing on their parent's side. Knowing better I'm sure Sana's judgement is that they are able to take care of themselves for doing such a thing in the first place.

@ Grimkill7 - LOL ^^

Old 2007-12-20, 20:30   Link #77
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
There is really nothing Sana could do in this situation. Calling the police would be like backstabbing a friend. It is like saying that he is standing on their parent's side. Knowing better I'm sure Sana's judgement is that they are able to take care of themselves for doing such a thing in the first place.

@ Grimkill7 - LOL ^^
I think you're right. Sana really couldn't do anything with the situation. Besides if I was a responsible father, I would already have asked my children's best friends if they knew where they were. Then again, if I was a responsible father, my children wouldn't have left me in the first place. Also, I don't think telling the cops would have been in the twins' best interests.

Sana really couldn't do anything. Telling the cops that they were on a train headed in one direction would have been like telling cops they left on a car headed east of California. I really don't think it would have helped the search much, even if it doesn't seem like the father is extensively searching for them.
Old 2007-12-20, 21:59   Link #78
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
lol, damn that's right! Asami and Hinako are my fav chars in this series. At least Hinako got a good amount of spot light, but Asami's story was well... it's been discussed before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Meanwhile, outside the train.
Sana: Shuu! I called the cops! They're coming for your ass!
can only LOL at that
Quote:
But how would anybody know what stop they got off? I'm guessing it was simply ignored to tell in the anime that Sana understood it was something they had to do.

---------------

Bah! Is it even possible to understand why the story went this way and what everything means without playing the game? I think no.
Old 2007-12-20, 23:05   Link #79
zqube

I need to go play the game now because the anime so far is not at all fulfilling. It had potential, but now there is no chance for a comeback. Episode 12 was a let down.
Old 2007-12-20, 23:18   Link #80
changeup

I would rather trust my own friends' judgment than thinking myself to be smarter than them...

Quote:

Closed Thread