AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-24, 22:03   Link #501
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I thought we should discuss some of the things the Author described about Touma in his latest afterword.

Spoiler for Vol 22 afterword:
That bit was pointing out Touma's opponents were all people that are like him, but they travelled different roads and ended up like how they were. For example, in Vol2 Afterword it was said Aureolus was based on how Touma might be like if he failed to protect Index.
Old 2010-10-25, 00:08   Link #502
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
That bit was pointing out Touma's opponents were all people that are like him, but they travelled different roads and ended up like how they were. For example, in Vol2 Afterword it was said Aureolus was based on how Touma might be like if he failed to protect Index.
Interesting...

So for Accelerator... Touma had a nasty childhood too, but he was lucky to have a family.
Old 2010-10-25, 08:05   Link #503
Miraluka
Banned

If Accelerator had a family probably he would be like Touma, an overpowered version.
Old 2010-10-25, 17:02   Link #504
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If Accelerator had a family probably he would be like Touma, an overpowered version.
Accelerator wouldnt have Imagine Breaker to be that overpowered but it would beat Touma by a bit anyway.
Old 2010-10-25, 23:42   Link #505
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

touma without a family i pretty much think would be much different from hayate of hayate no gotoku.
Old 2010-10-26, 09:34   Link #506
outerelf

Touma without a family I think would be locked up in some deep dark dungeon by the magical side, because you know very well that he would eventually be stumbled upon and taken off with.

Actually what I'm wonder now is why Aleister knows that Touma has the Imagine Breaker, and if he knows about the power resting within him sealed. If so... is part of Aleister's plans is to completely unseal the power within and get rid of the Imagine Breaker?
Old 2010-10-26, 14:53   Link #507
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Well, Aleister did say "If Deep Blood proves that Vampires exist, then what does Imagine Breaker prove?"
Old 2010-10-26, 15:32   Link #508
Divine witch
Yes,Captain Vocabulary.

Touma is just a show off...He already has enough girls around him
Less Touma more Aisa!
Old 2010-10-26, 15:43   Link #509
outerelf

The Imagine Breaker proves that there is some way to counter magic and esper abilities. Right?
Old 2010-10-26, 15:46   Link #510
Seihai
スマイリウム

I'd prefer the word 'neglect' or 'nullify' to a certain extent, but yes you're correct.
Old 2010-10-26, 15:53   Link #511
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
The Imagine Breaker proves that there is some way to counter magic and esper abilities. Right?
The way Aleister was talking, he made it seem like he was referring to an existence rather than Imagine Breaker's power. He said specifically "If the existence of Deep Blood proves that Vampires exist, then what does the existence of Imagine Breaker prove?" queue shit eating grin. In this context, it seems like he's referring to the existence of something.
Old 2010-10-26, 17:02   Link #512
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
The way Aleister was talking, he made it seem like he was referring to an existence rather than Imagine Breaker's power. He said specifically "If the existence of Deep Blood proves that Vampires exist, then what does the existence of Imagine Breaker prove?" queue shit eating grin. In this context, it seems like he's referring to the existence of something.
He probably means 'God'.
Old 2010-10-26, 18:43   Link #513
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
At this point of the series I'm sure he mean the "invisible thing".

Vampire exists. Deep Blood is the proof because this power can kill them.
"Invisible thing" exists. Imagine Breaker is the proof because his real power can supress it.
Old 2010-10-27, 08:19   Link #514
reaper with no name

In hindsight, it appears that the whole point of volume 2 was just to foreshadow Touma's secret power in as many ways as possible.
Old 2010-10-27, 10:40   Link #515
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Quote:
i think it proves the existence of magicians and espers cos it neglects their powers
Old 2010-10-27, 14:42   Link #516
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Wait question on imagine breaker.

We know now for sure that it was toumas power that came up at the fight against aurreloues (not completely sure how to spell name) as the dragon and when the guillotines fell they were blocked by imagine breaker cuz u can hear the sound it makes when it negates attacks.

So the question is, when izzard shot the 10 knives at touma why did they go around him instead of dissapear?
Old 2010-10-27, 14:50   Link #517
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Wait question on imagine breaker.

We know now for sure that it was toumas power that came up at the fight against aurreloues (not completely sure how to spell name) as the dragon and when the guillotines fell they were blocked by imagine breaker cuz u can hear the sound it makes when it negates attacks.

So the question is, when izzard shot the 10 knives at touma why did they go around him instead of dissapear?
At that point, Izzard was panicking- for the magic to work, he had to have a clear mind. Which he did not have between the fear of what the right arm was, and Touma's refusal to stay down.

Of course, it could be that the power of the dragon batted it away. It's a little uncertain.
Old 2010-10-27, 15:27   Link #518
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IppoTsuko View Post
i think it proves the existence of magicians and espers cos it neglects their powers
Um, no, because it was already a fact that magicians and espers existed. There was no reason for Aleister, who already know of both, would say Imagine Breaker proves the existence of supernatural powers.
Old 2010-10-27, 15:27   Link #519
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IppoTsuko View Post
also imagine breaker seems to attract espers magicians, but maybe aleister was refering that imagine breaker proves that something, they dont know/have seen exist like in the case of vampires( unless vassilia turn out to be one).
Old 2010-10-27, 23:55   Link #520
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I believe IB proves the existence of something the defies the boundary between boundary and imagination.
Aleister refers IB as the Central Point Zero, the point that determines what is natural and what is not, what is real and what is surreal.
If IB is something the distinguishes the two, there has to be something that blends the two together.
Closed Thread