AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-29, 10:17   Link #1401
ookamigirl

Tiger LOL still trying to prove he is himself. Not much luck with that until Kaede fixed things. Being lectured by Kaede was funny ^^
I totally hate that Maverick, but at least now they know what he did.
Barnaby still in the dark, but Tiger is trying his best to force him to remember.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 10:37   Link #1402
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 22.

THEY RUINED SCARF GIRL!
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 10:43   Link #1403
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

She's... talked before, you know.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 11:02   Link #1404
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It was the cliche line that pissed me off.
Old 2011-08-29, 11:03   Link #1405
ReddyRedWolf

She showed more personality than Flower Girl ever did in Macross 7.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 11:08   Link #1406
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Don't know who that is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
3. Dark Tiger showing up. That'll give us a good secondary conflict for next episode, and something to further showcase the full hero cast. My speculation is that Dark Tiger is Jake Martinez. I say that because all the heroes were shocked at his appearance when Sky High lifted the mask. That tells me that they all recognized the face under it, and I can't think of any important character that this could be other than Jake. Well, except maybe a clone of Kotetsu... I hope not though.
I first considered Jake but then I remembered that Kotetsu had actually managed to knock him down beforehand, without even using his powers. So either Jake has lost his mind reading abilities or it's not him.

My guess is the same as before. It's got to be a robot. They may have been surprised because it's possible there was actually nothing under the mask, or maybe just some robot Terminator skeleton face, like we saw with the robot Sky High fell in love with.
Old 2011-08-29, 12:22   Link #1407
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It was the cliche line that pissed me off.
What you don't like them saying the name of the hero team she just saw? How else was she supposed to react? If I expected anybody to be taking issue with anything about the scarf girl talking it was that she had by far the cutesiest possible voice they could have given her.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 16:58   Link #1408
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
What you don't like them saying the name of the hero team she just saw? How else was she supposed to react? If I expected anybody to be taking issue with anything about the scarf girl talking it was that she had by far the cutesiest possible voice they could have given her.
It was the "It's a bird. . .It's a plane. . .It's Superman!" moment.

What is that? It's Wild Tiger.... and Barnaby!

Very cool moment as they're having their motorcycle chase through the city.

As for Red Tiger... I think an enhanced Mr. Legend cyborg clone would draw Lunatic into the fight. Maverick's trump card, his original ideal hero made better through cybernetics. Bwahahaha! Unstoppable juggernaut of superpowers... a perfect adversary for a superhero team.

Last edited by mechalord; 2011-08-29 at 17:09.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 18:10   Link #1409
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
She showed more personality than Flower Girl ever did in Macross 7.
I was going to make this same reference but figured that M7 was too old. But yeah, I'd have to echo the sentiment that her voice was too high-pitched.

What's under the helmet? I'd go with empty space also. I wouldn't put it past Maverick to want to use a remote-controlled powersuit on some NEXT. And he's using Black Tiger to test drive the design.

Either that or some NEXT we have yet to see in action.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 19:09   Link #1410
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
It was the "It's a bird. . .It's a plane. . .It's Superman!" moment.

What is that? It's Wild Tiger.... and Barnaby!

Very cool moment as they're having their motorcycle chase through the city.

As for Red Tiger... I think an enhanced Mr. Legend cyborg clone would draw Lunatic into the fight. Maverick's trump card, his original ideal hero made better through cybernetics. Bwahahaha! Unstoppable juggernaut of superpowers... a perfect adversary for a superhero team.
I too am hoping for something that pisses off Lunatic. I really like it when he uses his powers.
Old 2011-08-29, 19:18   Link #1411
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
NEXT episode preview:-

- Who is inside Dark Tiger Suit? Could this be an android Kotetsu Or maybe someone else?
- What is Mr. Maverick's NEXT conspiracy be? Use the Prototype Tiger to Kidnap Kaede?
- Can Kotetsu save Barnaby from mind-scrambling Maverick? OR will it be WORSE for him?!
- Where's Lunatic/Yuri where we needed him after we've seen him on last ep21.

HERO TV was a sham really. Maverick was actually behind everything & I really should've known, really.

God, this is really trying my patience, really. Only 3 episodes to go.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 19:23   Link #1412
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

im thinking that the ending scenario will be like Maverick is about to get arrested by Tiger and Bunny but Lunatic comes and want to kill Maverick and then brawl starts to the death between the 3 lol, and who knows maybe on that battle confusion then Maverick will be able to hide and run then that will be the trigger for season 2 lol good theory heh?
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 19:35   Link #1413
darkmanure

There is still Ouroboros and Lunatic to deal with for season 2. They have a lot of cards to play. I think at the end of this series Hero TV will be no more because I think most of the crimes were scripted by Maverick and Ouroboros for the show.

What would become of the Heroes? Maybe just being normal heroes because they like to and not for a job perhaps?
darkmanure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 20:05   Link #1414
Jeffry2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmanure View Post
There is still Ouroboros and Lunatic to deal with for season 2. They have a lot of cards to play. I think at the end of this series Hero TV will be no more because I think most of the crimes were scripted by Maverick and Ouroboros for the show.

What would become of the Heroes? Maybe just being normal heroes because they like to and not for a job perhaps?
And NEW Heroes & NEW Villians too like Kaede who should need some more character development. Even the series could end where the new mysterious character shows up & turn out to be a new CEO and quoted from 1989 Batman:-

"As a great man once said, 'Wait till they get a load of me'"
Old 2011-08-30, 01:18   Link #1415
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
That or perhaps a "crispy critter" original Mr. Legend could be fun. I half expect it to be an empty suit running on some sort of autopilot or something like that to force Barnaby back into his old suit.

Now that I think about it... Judging from his comments during this episode it sounds like Saito wasn't involved in the design of the new suits. Yet they still kept that useless "Good Luck Mode" feature in there?!?
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 08:15   Link #1416
Jeffry2009
Banned

Spoiler for EP8 TV & Blu Ray comparison:

Spoiler for EP9 TV & Blu-ray comparison:
Old 2011-08-30, 08:51   Link #1417
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Actually it looks like Sunrise just... fixed the details on the faces. o_o
Old 2011-08-30, 14:22   Link #1418
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Updated spoilers

Spoiler:

I used to enjoy discussing the series here, I no longer feel like doing it.
Implying facial updates were not needed.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 14:50   Link #1419
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Actually it looks like Sunrise just... fixed the details on the faces. o_o
They also fixed various mistakes in animation (re: Kotetsu glowing with power when it wasn't supposed to be activated), plus made some details a bit shinier.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 15:59   Link #1420
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmanure View Post

I doubt it. After all, while there may be some corruption with Maverick, given what we've seen in the first half, there's quite a numbers of crimes that don't smell like something that Maverick would have set up for ratings. While the skyscraper bombing attempt and the Jake Martinez incident definitely smells like something Maverick would do, other incidents (i.e. the kid who controlled the giant statue, the diamond-bodied jewel theif, the sisters that tried to kidnap the mayor's son) are just normal thugs who use their NEXT powers to commit crimes.

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere