AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-10, 13:26   Link #221
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for P2P 06 - An Elegant Cleaning Device for a More Civilized Age:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 09:26   Link #222
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Too many good things to say about this episode, too many priceless moment that I don't think I can do justice if I don't mention them

Spoiler for episode 6:

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-05-13 at 09:47.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 12:04   Link #223
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for ep6:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 13:06   Link #224
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Looks like Tsumiki had 2 dreams come true this ep. Lol Io blushing. Oh man umbrella's can fly now.
Old 2012-05-13, 13:57   Link #225
Salva
Princess since baptism.

Gods, I melted with shirt sniffing scene. I totally expected that but it was still too cute. As I'm a girl myself and quite fond of male shirts too, I couldn't help but feeling sooo warm inside. Is was such a sweet scene. Aside from what the rest of the harem did xD

But what made me realise again why I love this show was when Mayoi broke the umbrella. I was first shocked, stayed calm for a while, then burst into crazy laugh. I couldn't stop myself. I don't know how they do that, creators I mean, but with a single not really special moment they can make me literally rotfl. I don't do that often. I had to replay the scene xD It was just hilarious.

Overall I actually thought the episode was rather boring but it still had pretty nice moments and that's actually the part I adore about it. It's not really special all the time, but has moments that make it shine. Besides, there's Io and Tsumiki... How can I not love it? Again I LOVED how it was shown that they both actually have a thing for each other. It's not one sided. I also like how she's so blunt with her feelings. She acts tsun somethimes, but it's reasonable. Walking under umbrella was so sweet...
Old 2012-05-13, 15:03   Link #226
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Haha, kawaii! I love this episode! "Am I ..... being attacked?" and the scene with the flying umbrella literally made me fall down! One of my favourites! Looking forward to the next episodes!!
Old 2012-05-13, 15:35   Link #227
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Just watched episode 6.

Ah haha, Tsumiki is just too cute

The summer service Mayoi gave Io was just perfect XD I was so unexpected. I know Mayoi like's to do thing like that and you knew she was scheming something as soon as she made the intrigued face, but I never expected her to do that to poor old Tsumiki Io's reaction was also great "I was just surprised"

That double sided broom was amazing! Why can't things like that work in the real world!?

Love how Io looked over at Tsumiki when asked what he see's in a girl. Ask her out already!

Aww, Tsumiki, you're letting your hormones get the best of you, letting yourself sniff Io's shirt like that. Then you got caught
Old 2012-05-13, 16:15   Link #228
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Mayoi is definitely the most awesome character in the show. I like how she is often the victim of Tsumiki's wrath. She usually asks for it, though, such as with the Tsumiki-service in this episode. It got Io's attention, so Mayoi's sacrifice was worth it.

And then we get the part with the umbrellas. Tsumiki going full tsun was fun enough, and Mayoi explaining what she really meant was genius, but I was laughing like mad when her umbrella broke and struck poor Sakaki.
Old 2012-05-13, 20:49   Link #229
ZeKeR
Superbad

Tsumiki has good aim, seeing as she nailed Mayoi in the same wall next to the other hole that was made previously.
Old 2012-05-13, 22:56   Link #230
Midonin
Last Engage

Rewatching the ED, I've been wondering about the little figures used in it. From the texture, they're probably CGI, which is inherently plastic-looking anyway (at least, not without some heavy-duty refinement to Pixar levels), but if they are real figures, I wonder if and when they'll be released. They'd be a bit on the basic side, but still nice for a fan of the show. Now if we're talking figures I might actually consider buying, a Tsumiki Nendoroid sounds like a wonderful idea.

I wonder if anybody's combined Mayoi's 300 Spartans bit from episode 5 with any of the 300 memes, especially "This is Sparta!". They're somewhat outdated memes at this point, but the Internet is a resilient beast.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 23:16   Link #231
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i was expecting Sakaki to be impaled to a bloody death to his body by Mayoi's flying umbrella, Another-style
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 23:24   Link #232
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This show just keeps coming through with sweetness, bizarreness, and laughter. Tsumiki and Io have been great from the beginning. Requited love. But Nabatame Hitomi's Mayoi is working for me more and more. I've watched ep6 twice now, and there will definitely be a third time.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 19:27   Link #233
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
Tsumiki has good aim, seeing as she nailed Mayoi in the same wall next to the other hole that was made previously.
Oh God, I missed that I love little touches like that.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 23:15   Link #234
00Coyote

This show continues to be incredibly dangerous with its endearingly random skits.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 08:58   Link #235
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Oh God, I missed that I love little touches like that.
Yeah, don't worry I just caught that too! Good eye ZeKeR!!!
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 10:56   Link #236
Shadow5YA

Is it just me, or are both Tsumiki and Io skilled in everything?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 11:04   Link #237
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Io should be lucky that it was only his shirt that was sniffed not his undies!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 12:39   Link #238
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I was talking to another anime fan about this series who said they were having a hard time "getting" why the people who liked this series so much (like myself) like the series to begin with.

I think it is exceedingly funny, so I guess for me it is partly the comedy (conveying why you think something is funny is never easy, of course). But one big factor for me is that I actively (as opposed to "just plain") like the characters, and I like the dynamic they all have with each other (both the main characters and the minor ones) - in that sense it is kinda like Tamayura Hitotose for me. I really, really enjoy the charas and their interaction with each other and like to see it's many different aspects as well as the "standard" ones.

A comparison may help with Shirokuma Cafe: for me I "just plain" like the chars there, but do not "actively" like them. So for me that series is funny, but not as funny as Acchi Kocchi.

That being said eps 5 and 6 had me laughing out loud (literally) ... this series is really a treat for me.
Old 2012-05-15, 15:10   Link #239
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!

Mayoi is definitely my favorite out of everybody, followed by the green haired chick who's name always manages to escape me. I'll remember it next episode!
Dragoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 23:23   Link #240
Shadow5YA

For a dense guy, Io is damn smooth.

*Tsumiki imagines Io complimenting her in her summer uniform*

Io: *pats head* That summer uniform looks good on you.

Also, I want that tsundere language option on Google translate.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2012-05-16 at 23:35.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, manga time kirara, seinen, slice of life