AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-10, 20:57   Link #241
OPN

Curious but did this weeks jump show any new info like on akashi and murasakibara? I ask this because i saw a image of zerochan that looked like it might of had info on the twos anime appearence.
Old 2012-07-11, 04:23   Link #242
Salva
Princess since baptism.

I couldn't help myself. I need to at least write my love for the show if not shout it to the world which would be quite troubling for my neighbourhood.

I started watching it without any special reasons. I just heard it few times here and there. I always um... maybe I shouldn't say it. I checked the show few times, what's it about and so on. But it was always disappointing when I checked and learnt oh, this one about basketball... I couldn't burn into my mind that it's sport anime and whenever I heard the title I imagined red-riding-hood-like story. I really needed a distraction from real life so I decided sports one would do. I was hooked on baseball ones but apparently I just love sport one (as I learned when I started watching Kuroko). I generally like romantic shoujos or calm Natsume, Kimi to Boku shows. Funny thing is whenever I watch something boys centered I totally forget about love related stuff. I was really shocked when I read few posts before about any relationships. I usually see romances even if they are not there (straight ones if I may add) but not when other emotions keep springing up while watching like happens with sports stories. I love shounens! They always make me so emotional and excited.

Characters are the most important aside form the anime being about sport. I can swallow really bad plot and illogical story but when characters make up for that it’s a 9/10 anyway. Kuroko does really good job at providing nice characters, I like most of the cast. But so far my favourite character is a Seirin Captain! I simply love his evil side when he gets serioussss (the explanation why he acts like that was heartbreaking xDDD Poor Hyuga)! Although I never saw it coming with the Coach. But now that you’ve pointed it out I can see that maybe there is something, small hints. But it’s strange for me to think this way cause I actually thought to myself today that “it’s such a nice series even if they group hug the coach it wouldn’t be awkward!”. I loved this actually. I don’t really want any romances around. And the pink girl pisses me off really badly, so pushy I hate people like her. On the contrary I like Kuroko and his indifference. At the beginning I was interested in how it will help in any way and the explanation was a little... cheap. But well it does make sense when you think about him as some kind of basketball illusionist. Manipulating people is a rare talent and I’m always amazed by people who can do so. I like the team that formed with Kagami! The beginning reminded me of Sakamichi no Apollon when we also had two characters who were actually as different as people can be yet they got along so well. In Sakamichi we had jazz, here we have basketball. But as I can see the charm in Kaoru/Sen relationship I feel it’s more convincing with Kagami/Kuroko. After all Kuroko has a good reason to befriend Kagami and their teamwork is stunning. Kuroko really do have a lot to do with taming his lightly beast though. I can’t wait to see him stumble as it’s usually inevitable in such stories. Honestly I wished they would lose the fight with Midorima though. I was prepared from the very beginning that it was meant to be lost. It surprised me in two different ways. First the whole fight showed that the senpai’s were really capable of fighting by themselves and I loved that! It wasn’t typical one leads to glory kind of thing. It was the whole teamwork Kuroko was talking about that decided the fight. I can understand why he chose this school. At the same time it was a bit unrealistic to see them winning like that.

I should point out that usually it pisses me off when characters chat too much during matches. In here I was simply furious as their chatter was totally meaningless and only gave chances to let us see oh-how-ambitious Kagami is. We know that already... No need to state that every two minutes. They talk too much in here. I will have hard time now that we are on the verge of confrontation with Aomine. Two Kagamis. That would be tough. Oh, while I am at it. Pink girl. I wonder just how annoying can it get now... I hate this type of characters which just come out of nowhere and is acting all superior while obviously having a lot on her mind. Besides claiming that she’s in love with Kuroko was just cheap. I don’t see any romance going with her nor I am interested in that. But I guess I will pay more attention to Hyuga now. I honestly didn’t get the feeling there is something between him and the Coach. Did I mention how much I love simple concept of her being the Coach? xD It was unexpected and I loved it. In Cross Game Aoba was coaching Ko too, but it wasn’t that important and her role wasn’t significant. In here the girl is in full bloom and I simply love that! Although I do not like her personality but I can see her good points clearly and I’m rooting for her. She’s refreshing!

I also love comedy in this show. Some scenes really made laugh out loud and I can’t help being drawn to Kuroko’s charm. I love poeple like him <3

Now I wanted to search for some pics and after checking out Zero-chan I’m just plainly scared to go on pixiv. Fujoshi allert... Brr. I love male friendships but damn, FRIENDSHIPS. Sigh, but I guess after Kuroko’s fail with pink haired chic it’s just meant to happen. What am I saying?! It was meant to happen from the very beginning. The scariest thing is I’m getting slowly used to that. No way in hell I’ll ever like it, but it just doesn’t bother me anymore. In extreme cases I just skip or cut out the worst part of the pic if the rest is nice. But Midorima is just sooo cute. He’s lovely when I stop thinking what kind of a !%$&@$& he is when he plays. His strange habits and seriousness makes him adorable. I only needed one picture to let myself feel that I really do like him (http://www.zerochan.net/1185225).
Old 2012-07-12, 01:25   Link #243
Katapan
俺様祭り

First week sales of the manga:

Vol. 14: 132,511 (11/10/04, 6 days of sales before the week ended)
Vol. 15: *85,396 (11/12/02, 3 days of sales)
Vol. 16: *85,187 (12/03/02, 3 days of sales)
Vol. 17: 134,350 (12/04/04, 5 days of sales)
- the anime starts (12/04/07) -
Vol. 18: 246,605 (12/07/04, 5 days of sales)

Meanwhile, in the other part of the Jump realm...

Medaka Box vol. 15: 103,493 (12/04/04, 5 days of sales)
- the anime starts (12/04/04) -
Medaka Box vol. 16: 112,216 (12/07/04, 5 days of sales)
Old 2012-07-12, 04:21   Link #244
Valid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post

Kuroko had a HUGE increase in sales, I'm very happy for it and hope it continues to increase.

As for Medaka Box's sales, I didn't expect the anime to increase sales as they only animated the part of the manga where it was heading for cancellation, the second season will be the deciding factor to as where sales increase.
Old 2012-07-12, 04:25   Link #245
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:

Alright producers, you should have nothing to say against a second season now. Bring it on~! ( *`ω´)

Quote:

Off topic but I think I heard the sound of someone lamenting the split cour approval followed by a third season proposal being flushed down the drain.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 14:10   Link #246
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:

Not to mention it seems that disc sales are on their way to a 10k+ first week. This looks like a repeat of Gintama's success.
Old 2012-07-14, 08:46   Link #247
Kakkou
Tch.

So it looks like the new ED will have a different cut every episode just like the first but instead of reflecting part of the episode itself, they form a narrative. Be sure not to skip the ED!

FYI this is the first piece of the story and also the part that changes every week:

Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 15:03   Link #248
ookamigirl

Aomine looks like an interesting character, but problematic to say the least.
He's a total beast which even his team fears.
That Number 2 is a totally cute mascot ^^
Kagami really is way too stubborn for his own good sometimes!
Seirin vs Touou. Now that'll be interesting to watch.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 16:29   Link #249
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode 15: Aomine's take on practice needs a tribute video based on those famous take on "practice" by Alan Iversion himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_UlY...eature=related

It's a remix! The clip for that famous press conference can be watched here for anyone interested. Good stuff.

Looks like the climb for Seirine is going to be even steeper this time around. See you next week!

monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 05:13   Link #250
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

What's the type of fried fish (sliced lengthwise) that we see Mitobe's younger siblings eating? I often see fish being cooked in that position in anime.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 08:08   Link #251
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ohhh, the look on Momoi's face when she learned Aomine wasn't there yet. Not to mention her frantic actions shortly thereafter; I love how she looked like she'd kill the next person if they disturbed her getting to the bottom of Aomine's whereabouts. <3

Sadly, no Captain/Coach interactions this week. Phooey.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 09:56   Link #252
Lugia2126
The Biggest Mio Fan

I seriously love this anime. This is my top 1 for the on-going anime series. For overall this is my number 4. *thumbs up*
Old 2012-07-15, 10:38   Link #253
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Words cannot describe how much I enjoy this anime. I demand a movie! :P

Heh, anyways, back to episode 15. I really want to find out what happened between the Generation Of Miracles that made Kuroko quit and made Aomine who he is today (Also including the other things that made him who he was today )

I like how clearly you can see that Aomine has changed. His bright wide open eyes and enjoyable smile, turned into a smug smile of arrogance with in his eyes filled with the thought that he's superior to everyone.
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 11:49   Link #254
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I liked Momoi and coach's discussion on "growth"...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 12:20   Link #255
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I love Aomine, he's my favorite chara of the series... he just walking wet dream as basketball fans for me.

However even me think his change of attitude is very exaggerating, his view and approach of basketball can changed but that should not change him as massive asshole. That just not make any sense.

Spoiler for maybe not really a spoiler, but just to be safe, anime only watcher don't open this:
Old 2012-07-16, 05:03   Link #256
ImperialFlameGod8190

DX to answer your question
Spoiler for for manga readers only unless u wanna be spoiled:
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 12:37   Link #257
larethian

Aomine's attitude is understandable. How can the game be fun when the opponents just stand there and do nothing?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 15:07   Link #258
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Aomine's attitude is understandable. How can the game be fun when the opponents just stand there and do nothing?
his approach to the game changed is very understandable, became lazy etc.. but became douchebag (kneeing own teammate and all) because that is weird, especially he was a nice kid before.
Old 2012-07-16, 15:09   Link #259
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

He's angry, that's all.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 18:22   Link #260
king12354

Don't get why Aomine was that bored, his team in middle school was full of great players. He could've played again them anytime he wanted unless for some reason the generation of miracles = Aomine only.

Anyway, why does the coach let his team win in a 173-80 beatdown? Does he not get criticism from the community+parents?

Anyways, this show isn't good as Slam Dunk imo, the storytelling is way poor compared to Slam Dunk.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen