Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-16, 17:55   Link #41
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuchi View Post
Plus Hodi is a boring character...he's just Arlong 2.0, put the saw like nose and change the color to blue and you got a perfect Arlong Clone...actually I liked Arlong much more than this guy...
Same here...Hodi's only better side was being the most feracious shark type.

Decken on the other hand was another story for me.He had that nice cursed wanderer theme at beginning, his mere image managed to make Brook shiver in fear.But I should've expected this as soon as they revealed that Decken was just a descendant and his curse was simply a devil fruit.
Old 2011-03-16, 17:59   Link #42
Xacual

I'm so happy I was right about Zoro owning Hodi. I knew that it couldn't go any other way. I'm not expecting Hodi to stay out though, hopefully some of his crew will manage to pull him out and he'll be back in doped mode for revenge. I'm still expecting a Hodi somewhat final arc boss doped to crazy levels though that might be too similar to Moria so maybe something else.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-03-16, 18:07   Link #43
Dawn_

Mh well, that's for sure something new with the main antagonists being owned so early.
Hasn't mean too much, but nevertheless I excepted more from Hodi and Decken. Now it's just the pills powerboost or they really really underestimated the Strawhats (which is crazy enough). Speaking of these two, it's odd that their crewmates haven't down anything yet. Actually this octo swordsman was the strongest of them so far, he was at least able to keep up with Luffy's Gear 2.
I hope we hear something from Jinbei next chapter to clear things up.

Oh, and where on earth is Van der Decken getting all those big axes anyway?
Old 2011-03-16, 18:31   Link #44
Kallen4life

Quote:
Actually this octo swordsman was the strongest of them so far, he was at least able to keep up with Luffy's Gear 2.
word

srsly loving Shirahoshi so far
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-03-16, 18:56   Link #45
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Possible another translation mistake.

In the original script posted, Luffy didn't say he hate the island, he said (residents of) the island hates them for some reason.
The script could be wrong, yes, but seeing that this translator made multiple mistakes already, my money's gonna be on the Japanese script being correct.
We'll see when the raw comes out.
Old 2011-03-16, 19:52   Link #46
noktown

It was obvious from the beginning that this arc is just for show off.

Of course the arc's not over yet,and it never works this easy for the main characters(only for villains for some reason),but i'm pretty sure it's not going to be another CP9 - like arc,especially since I'm sure that Oda's not going to reveal their major power-ups,and then when we get to the strong opponents and they will start revealing the cool stuff,everyone will go like : "Why didn't they do this in that arc to 1hko everyone ?".
Old 2011-03-16, 20:38   Link #47
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Well, Hodi being taken out is the perfect excuse for the drunken sword(fish)man to take over and show zoro the power of the fish sword/s. Lets see if this happens.

Actually this pattern is very similar to some of the earlier arcs where the enemies appeared to be taken out easily until the big bad occurs. Think the Usopp joining arc or even the more recent Moria arc.
Old 2011-03-16, 20:41   Link #48
Rahan

Mangastream partially fixed their translation.
Old 2011-03-16, 22:43   Link #49
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post

Actually this pattern is very similar to some of the earlier arcs where the enemies appeared to be taken out easily until the big bad occurs. Think the Usopp joining arc or even the more recent Moria arc.
Yes but we knew what Strawhats were capable of pretty much,and they were still considered as rookies so almost every boss was a major boss.

Right now i think they should at least be at level to take out a Marine admiral if they have to,jokes are over they're entering the last sea,while I'm sure there will be more power-ups on the way,I'd be disappointed if they had a hard time taking out these guys,when they're not even taking anyone seriously here,Luffy got randomly caught in ropes,Shanks is frozen,Nami doesn't do anything,Chopper only cares for Sanji,Robin is also who knows where....
Zoro 1HKo'd Hodi...
Old 2011-03-16, 22:59   Link #50
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well, guess that's the new gimmick for Sanji when he meets women, he'll turn to stone from his Okama Blood~

Also, I didn't expect new vamped up Zoro to kick so much ass so early~
Old 2011-03-17, 01:26   Link #51
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 618
That was a good chapter. Zoro is powerful. That pretty cool how he took Hodi out with one shot. Keimi said there are other fisherman stronger then Hodi. That not saying much. I think its time to bring out a Shichibukai level fighter for Zoro and Luffy. I hope we see a Yonkou before the end of this Arch.

Haki Devil Fruit Combo
I have noticed Luffy uses his haki a lot now. That could almost be like another devil fruit if you think about it. It will be very interesting to see how haki is used with devil fruits. You have three different types of devil Fruits and three different types of Haki. Enel uses his Goro Goro No Mi to enhance his Kenbunshoku Haki. Luffy uses the Busoshoku Haki to enhance his 3rd gear. This combo is starting to be really powerful. I can't wait to see the innovated ways people use Haki in the New World. Haki almost seems unlimited if you understand your devil fruit and your haki.
Old 2011-03-17, 01:57   Link #52
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I doubt thats all Sanji will be doing this arc, we just haven't gotten to his part yet, much like with some of the others in fact.
Just gotta wait for him to "explode" onto the scene
Indeed, it doesn't take much for a mermaid to be in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
You'd call this early? I mean it's not like we'd go through a whole arc right after his training, and not see at least some results.
Old 2011-03-17, 04:11   Link #53
shankss
CP10

For some reason this panel made me laugh way much harder than Sanji one.Maybe because Van has "<83" face.what the hell.
Old 2011-03-17, 05:01   Link #54
crossgundam

well for some reason i hope that we get to see big mama since the island is under her after WB war...
Old 2011-03-17, 09:22   Link #55
janipani

I would like to see more Sanjis cooking abilities.. he should be a badass cook after all. That what was cool about him initially. So I too hope that this allergic reaction to women gag doesn't become too major for him.

Chapter was really good, but you guys could really drop that anti-hodi attitude a little. I trust on Oda's skills on story development. He is good at that. He can change bad to look good and backwards.. and even if there would be bigger fish lurking somewhere I believe that all Oda's characters serve purpose.

I can understand these change suggestions when Naruto is considered, because the manga lacks so much and quality has dropped so drastically, but just because you don't like a possible main villain, you don't have complain constantly.

Let's wait and see!

btw.. Hodi might be able to use Haki, as plot obviously suggested!

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2011-03-17, 09:56   Link #56
miggy031689

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Well, guess that's the new gimmick for Sanji when he meets women, he'll turn to stone from his Okama Blood~

its not even ass kicking yet he only used 1 sword
Old 2011-03-17, 15:00   Link #57
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Uhh that entire conversation with Nami and Camie are totally wrong on several accounts.
The new translator MS got is terribad.

Camie's line should read "I know you guys are really strong, but not only is Hodi very strong, but also has a really dangerous mind. Hacchin told me so."

She never said there are others stronger than Hodi.

Also, Nami IS worried that Zoro and others will piss off Hodi, not the other way around. The translator got it totally backwards.

God, those sloppy-ass translators are at it again!? Well, thank the powers-that-be that guys like you are around to set things straight, aohige. Heh, I still remember the days when we also had to deal with crazy stuff like "King of the Depths" and "Binami the Dachshund", as well..... man, crazy times.

However, despite the two girls' dialogue being a huge mistranslation, I still wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the possibility of a greater force than Hody or Decken being the true villain of this storyline. Perhaps Jinbei will drop some interesting names on Luffy and co. when they eventually meet him......

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Get molokidan back on work, I say. He makes mistakes too, but usually on minor insignificant details.

"Minor" details like Shanks possessing Haoushoku Haki?
Old 2011-03-17, 15:08   Link #58
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
However, despite the two girls' dialogue being a huge mistranslation, I still wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the possibility of a greater force than Hody or Decken being the true villain of this storyline. Perhaps Jinbei will drop some interesting names on Luffy and co. when they eventually meet him......
So far, I'm most impressed by Hyouzou. Blocking Luffy's gear 2 pistol and thoughtlessly poisoning him simultaneously is the greatest feat from the bad guys. As of now, Hodi and Decken are a little underwhelming to me. Neither of them seem like final boss material, so I'd gladly welcome the prospect of your prediction of having Big Mom send one of her mid-tier subordinates to investigate the problems on Fishman Island.
Old 2011-03-17, 15:10   Link #59
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
"Minor" details like Shanks possessing Haoushoku Haki?
Let's be fair: We all already knew that was going to happen.
Old 2011-03-17, 23:00   Link #60
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
So far, I'm most impressed by Hyouzou. Blocking Luffy's gear 2 pistol and thoughtlessly poisoning him simultaneously is the greatest feat from the bad guys. As of now, Hodi and Decken are a little underwhelming to me. Neither of them seem like final boss material, so I'd gladly welcome the prospect of your prediction of having Big Mom send one of her mid-tier subordinates to investigate the problems on Fishman Island.
I have the feeling that the straw hat crew is the strongest living things in fishman Island right now..

it just shows in this chapter how strong they have gotten through this past 2 years