Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2021-09-17, 08:11   Link #201
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
That doesn't matches with the previously established canon. Hanyuu was originally a real person and the ancestor of Rika. She's not some unrelated being that was sent specifically to turn Rika into a witch. She had been spectating the events of Hinamizawa for centuries. She wasn't even sure Rika would be born at all. If a male was born instead she wouldn't have been able to communicate with him.
This was even recapped last week. It's possible that this is what she was meant to do all those centuries ago though, but instead she had a child with a human and sacrificed herself.
Old 2021-09-17, 18:28   Link #202
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

EUA also mentioned that "Vier" doesn't remember anything. This suggests that Hanyuu, Satoko, EUA herself and Rika are just incarnations of beings that existed long before the current events, from some other world or plane of existence.

Did Hanyuu always remembered all of that though?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-17, 21:26   Link #203
MCAL

Quote:
On a more serious note, I was looking at reactions to the manga and I was seeing some speculation that the reason the manga seems to have such massive differences is that the events of the manga are a a prequel to the anime. Although that honestly sounds kind of stupid to me, idk.
Well this episode seems to put the kibosh on that, as the only evidence for this is a Ryukishi interview where he says Satoko has met EUA before and had forgotten about her, but its clearly referring to whatever happened in presumably Coconia.

I've mentioned it before, but its funny how all the complaints of the (new) content I've seen here so far can easily be fixed if anime Gou just did the same events the way the manga was doing it.

And now to give out some random theory for next episode:
Shion third looper!

Last edited by MCAL; 2021-09-17 at 22:38.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-17, 21:41   Link #204
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
That doesn't matches with the previously established canon. Hanyuu was originally a real person and the ancestor of Rika. She's not some unrelated being that was sent specifically to turn Rika into a witch. She had been spectating the events of Hinamizawa for centuries. She wasn't even sure Rika would be born at all. If a male was born instead she wouldn't have been able to communicate with him.
Ryuukishi dun goofed.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 01:31   Link #205
Zolton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Shion third looper!
Not as random as you think, the manga appears to imply as much. And the anime implies Rena remembers things, too.
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 01:31   Link #206
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Well this episode seems to put the kibosh on that, as the only evidence for this is a Ryukishi interview where he says Satoko has met EUA before and had forgotten about her, but its clearly referring to whatever happened in presumably Coconia.

I've mentioned it before, but its funny how all the complaints of the (new) content I've seen here so far can easily be fixed if anime Gou just did the same events the way the manga was doing it.

Shion third looper!
And another season will focus entirely on showing the flashbacks for her side of the story .
Old 2021-09-18, 14:17   Link #207
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
And another season will focus entirely on showing the flashbacks for her side of the story .
Don't even joke about it. I can see this series doing precisely that. If that were to happen, endless eight would officially be topped as the most annoying loop in anime
Old 2021-09-21, 00:25   Link #208
Marina2

I guess we are still in the recap hell....
https://higurashianime.com/story/009_003.html

Another Rika dance scene incoming.
Old 2021-09-21, 03:07   Link #209
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ More goddamn recap??! This is not even funny anymore....

And this is why I told Zolton not to jinx it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolton View Post
There's nothing left to recap, right? Next episode we'll finally get our miracle vs. certainty showdown, right?
Don't jinx it, man!
Old 2021-09-21, 07:11   Link #210
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This season is a joke. One that really isn't funny.
Old 2021-09-21, 07:30   Link #211
monsta666

The thing I don't get is why make this season 15 episodes long if half of it is going to be filler/recaps? Would it make more sense just to condense the plot to 12 even 10 episodes and skip the fluff? Less episodes, lower costs and a more coherent story that will go down better with the fans. Where are the negatives in doing that?
monsta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-21, 18:06   Link #212
The Green One

Satoko isn't satisfied with just torturing Rika with the endless loops. She's now reaching through the fourth wall to torture us by making us watch endless recaps.
Old 2021-09-22, 10:04   Link #213
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The only way this could get any worse is if at the end they will tell:

To understand the whole story read Ciconia!

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 11:09   Link #214
Marina2

Ep.14

........Whoa.

I guess I will just give this ep. 10/10 just for the pure ridiculousness and entertaining. I won't even try to question the logic of how can those loops happened.

They hinted it in OP but I didn't expect them to go THAT far. I guess we know now where did the budget they saved from doing recaps went to.

Last edited by Marina2; 2021-09-23 at 11:20.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 11:29   Link #215
Zolton

This was nuts. At least it was also ridiculously over the top and funny. At long last this show stopped pretending it was a Higurashi story. I guess next episode they become witches and leave Hinamizawa for good.

Bringing back Hanyuu was a waste of time.
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 12:24   Link #216
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

This is so bad.....so bad that it's good. I found myself laughing with Eua the whole time.

Is this really what Higurashi has been reduced to? Meme-tastic murder scenes & DBZ-level fight just because one girl doesn't know how to move on from her best friend? Higurashi is ruined with this new continuity. Even if you want to turn this show into a supervillain origin story, the motivation was ultra weak & super bad that made me don't care. I just want to see Satoko gone at this point. What was the writer thinking? Did he not make enough money and then resorted to this?

Let's see what they'll do next. Part of me want them to go even much crazier and go out with a bang regardless of quality. There's no saving it anymore.
Old 2021-09-23, 13:04   Link #217
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsurin View Post
At this point I feel the only thing that would make this overly long "mastermind scheme" feel worth it to me is if we get another Saikoroshi "beating up Satoko with a chair" scene. Clearly wasn't a good enough lesson and it needs another round.
As of Higurashi Sotsu Ep 14, and for my 300th post on this forum, I can now announce that my job here is done.
Old 2021-09-23, 13:19   Link #218
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

It's sad to see what an embarrassment Higurashi has become.
Old 2021-09-23, 13:56   Link #219
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
This is so bad.....so bad that it's good. I found myself laughing with Eua the whole time.

Is this really what Higurashi has been reduced to? Meme-tastic murder scenes & DBZ-level fight just because one girl doesn't know how to move on from her best friend? Higurashi is ruined with this new continuity. Even if you want to turn this show into a supervillain origin story, the motivation was ultra weak & super bad that made me don't care. I just want to see Satoko gone at this point. What was the writer thinking? Did he not make enough money and then resorted to this?

Let's see what they'll do next. Part of me want them to go even much crazier and go out with a bang regardless of quality. There's no saving it anymore.
That is my point, IMO, Higurashi's STORY was DONE after Rei, there was NO point to Gou and Sotsu whatsoever!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 15:13   Link #220
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I mean at least Gou did new stuff. Sotsu is a total waste of everyone's time.

The problem is that satokowashi-hen was the answer arc already and we have learned nothing new besides the fact that Hanyuu has big boobs which was already known. And much like Sotsu, it's completely worthless. Was that really worth throwing the series in the garbage for? Definitely not!

It's unfortunate that Passione's talents are again wasted on crap like this.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote