AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-10-09, 04:44   Link #201
Langus
Optimus Prime

The answer is simple - Kakashi.

(I'm also watching just to see Naruto die at the end - predicted it from episode 1).
Old 2008-10-09, 09:31   Link #202
LBritannia

XD at people calling Naruto crap and miserable fail, yet they take their time to come over here, and even to keep reading the manga and following the latest episodes.

I think Naruto is pretty good, while Part I was better than Part II in pacing, both are very good IMO. And I also think that a a Part III with a grown-up Naruto (of about 17-18 years old) would be cool.
LBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 13:45   Link #203
asuki-chan
Only in my eyes...

Send a message via Yahoo to asuki-chan
i think naruto became popular because of the action.i mean really,because my friends at school even watch it!and i like it too
asuki-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 13:52   Link #204
asuki-chan
Only in my eyes...

i'd like to se some more acion in naruto now a days.like in the episode when sasuke left.and he did leave beacuse 1.he wants power to kill his bro itachi. and 2.he remeber's the times that naruto saves him and thought when he has saved naruto.(witch was mostly never)
Old 2008-10-10, 08:22   Link #205
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
I did take a look at the newest chapters of each of the Three Kings(One Piece, Naruto, Bleach) and I gotta say, Naruto has once again snagged my attention. Finally, some well-deserved action, and all of the rookie nine made cameos! Very nice Kishi, very nice.

With no One Piece for a week, I'll have to look forward to what Kishi has in store next.
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 08:23   Link #206
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
The answer is simple - Kakashi.

(I'm also watching just to see Naruto die at the end - predicted it from episode 1).
Did you base this on how annoying he was or just how ridiculous the idea of him as something akin to the president was?
Old 2008-10-10, 12:21   Link #207
Langus
Optimus Prime

No no, go back to the first I dunno 10 episodes or so and watch them again. Given how much they practically beat the viewer over the head with Naruto's determination to some day be Hokage and his driving desire to be acknowledged, it seems obvious (at least to me) that his ultimate fate is to be acknowledge post-mortem. He will eventually use his power to save all of Konoha, die in the process, and be forever immortalized on the Hokage monument as an 'honorary' Hokage and he will be remembered as one of the nation's greatest ninjas. Thus he would have accomplished both his life goals and in the aftermath it will be made apparent just how much the boy who everyone feared and who had no one and no bonds as a child impacted the lives of everyone around him.

That's what I based it on
Old 2008-10-11, 13:47   Link #208
Suki_Aoki

I think that it's because of the various characters with various interesting personalities and problems that people can relate to..
And Kishimoto really succesful in creating a whole intriguing new world with many new terms and rules that not existed/related anywhere on any place in our world...it's like the Harry Potter thingie, people just get sucked into the world created by the author..
But for me, beside all the reason above, there's still one most important reason....KAKASHI
Suki_Aoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 13:28   Link #209
asuki-chan
Only in my eyes...

oh yeah that reminds me!there's this website called onemanga.com and it show's lot of manga.
Old 2008-10-12, 13:32   Link #210
othera

Ninja's?..........
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 13:38   Link #211
asuki-chan
Only in my eyes...

what do you mean ninja's
Old 2008-10-12, 19:13   Link #212
blewin

I think the main factors are characterisation, setting and the chakra world. There's some pretty good character interaction and development in Naruto. The setting is a unique combination of old and modern, intriguing enough to keep viewers attached. Then there's the chakra world spinning off endless abilities and interesting fights.

The plot itself doesn't deviate much from one fight to another (Naruto chasing Sasuke), but there's enough in the repetitive plot to make it appeal (in a way, kind of like Inuyasha but with more characters, fights and development).
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 22:19   Link #213
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
ninjas and a good story.

I used to ask myself why is bleach so popular, i mean kimish likes dragonball and people compare dbz to naruto, but it hit me that bleach takes more from dbz then anything.

nothing hit me harder then the last beach chapter when it was a pure buildup chapter, almost like it was 10 episodes of dbz lol

But thats a rant lol.

Ninjas and kakashi. also lots of unanswered questions that are not clear. everything builds up in a good way and has a reason. the main character isnt some cheap power up character, he has to train and train hard, he cant just show up and go,"ok im here, everything is fine" he shows up and you can think everything will go fine. Also the main character screws up and shows hes human....even with a demon in him lol. its a show everyone can relate to because everyone makes mistakes and everyone has a goal and everyone wants to be strong enough to protect someone they care for......its just a good all along manga.
Old 2008-10-13, 23:28   Link #214
BlueDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBritannia View Post
XD at people calling Naruto crap and miserable fail, yet they take their time to come over here, and even to keep reading the manga and following the latest episodes.
They're frustrated that people are calling it like the best thing in the world AKA overrated.

I must admit, in the beginning I was hooked into Kishimoto's world.
But then, you can see that the only thing he thought up from the beginning was the Uchiha
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 10:37   Link #215
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
ninjas and a good story.

I used to ask myself why is bleach so popular, i mean kimish likes dragonball and people compare dbz to naruto, but it hit me that bleach takes more from dbz then anything.

nothing hit me harder then the last beach chapter when it was a pure buildup chapter, almost like it was 10 episodes of dbz lol

But thats a rant lol.

Ninjas and kakashi. also lots of unanswered questions that are not clear. everything builds up in a good way and has a reason. the main character isnt some cheap power up character, he has to train and train hard, he cant just show up and go,"ok im here, everything is fine" he shows up and you can think everything will go fine. Also the main character screws up and shows hes human....even with a demon in him lol. its a show everyone can relate to because everyone makes mistakes and everyone has a goal and everyone wants to be strong enough to protect someone they care for......its just a good all along manga.
Honestly, both take an almost equal amount of material from DBZ(what with the "natural energy" and "chi-combat"). That fact alone makes them remarkably popular.

But like you said, Naruto stands out for one reason; it has substance!
Comparing Naruto and Bleach is like comparing Final Fantasy to Dynasty Warriors, a thought out adventure versus a mindless hack and slash.
It seems that there are thankfully still some in this society who can appreciate things like solid character development and an at least relevant storyline.

Now here's where my Naruto "praise" ends...

Your last paragraph supports a theory of mine for why I've grown out of Naruto. This is a very personal anime, it's easy to sympathize with the characters because everything revolves around them and how they deal with the consequences of their actions. That's not in itself a bad thing, it's great for certain audiences.
Just not me...

I desire a much grander sense of world in my media, things that show that the world is moving and taking shape even beyond the actions of the main cast. Naruto has such a grand space to explore, but it chooses to stay pretty static in terms of setting and it just aggravates me that they never seem to go anywhere and that every major event seems to lead back to the Leaf Village. There are times where I sit down and watch this show or read this manga and just want to shout: GO SOMEWHERE!
And that's why I read One Piece!

As a reprise, recent chapters have yet again peaked my interest. Good thing too, Oda's off for a week so Kishi's gonna have to pick up his slack with some good content.
Old 2008-11-15, 02:11   Link #216
ronin myael
lost ronin

It's extremely addicting. The plot itself is filled with mysteries and most of the time the twists in the story surprises you. It's never dull, every episode is exciting and the fight scenes are awesome, not to mention the abilities of Kishimoto's ninjas are pretty darn cool! Plus it has some interesting and endearing characters.

It's funny at times and yet it has its share of drama and life lessons. Some people see Naruto as a typical violence-oriented anime/manga but I think it's got a positive influence on kids. I have a six-year-old niece who worships this series. I let her watch it with me so I could explain to her the underlining lessons within the story.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 07:08   Link #217
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

I honestly don't know. I get the feeling that people who knows I watch this show, think I am a sad loser.

It is being dubbed as children TV in my country and shown every morning with horrible kiddie dub. I can't blame them.. I used to have the same stereotypes against anime.

I dont know why this show captivates me. I like that there is so much we don't know about. Like the 4th. Mere pictures and small explanations, I have wondered about since the beginning of the show, about who he was and how.
Or Kakashi and his sharingan or... It's like there has been put alot of thought into events that happens much later.
Furthermore I love martial arts. I have never seen Ninjas like in Naruto. it's a modern day setting, but without guns and vehicle technology. Not like anything I have seen before!
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 07:25   Link #218
frolicz

You shouldn't miss this movie. You'll never regret it if you see some of the videos of Naruto. He is so very funny and a very hardworking guy. The irreplaceable movie I've seen in my life.

Last edited by frolicz; 2008-11-15 at 09:17.
frolicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 14:40   Link #219
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolicz View Post
You shouldn't miss this movie. You'll never regret it if you see some of the videos of Naruto. He is so very funny and a very hardworking guy. The irreplaceable movie I've seen in my life.
I'm guessing you are young, it is good, not that good
Kenshin_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 15:02   Link #220
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
Or Kakashi and his sharingan or... It's like there has been put alot of thought into events that happens much later.
Furthermore I love martial arts. I have never seen Ninjas like in Naruto. it's a modern day setting, but without guns and vehicle technology. Not like anything I have seen before!
Is this your first anime or something? There are plenty of things out there in similar settings.... It's called "steampunk" Look into it.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote