Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-18, 15:17   Link #3141
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Oh, well. At least XIII is going to be dirt cheap when XIII-2 comes out, so I might buy them together.
It's pretty damn cheap already here. Can easily pick up a copy brand new for £13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You're not alone. We don't know anything about FFXIII-2 yet, so I can't really get excited about it.
Lightning in armor. That's enough to make me 100% excited.
Old 2011-01-18, 15:21   Link #3142
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

I know it's too early to ask but do you guys think it's possible that this time around that we'd get both eng and jap dub for versus XIII, XIII-2, XIII type-0 or is it out of the question?
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 15:23   Link #3143
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
I know it's too early to ask but do you guys think it's possible that this time around that we'd get both eng and jap dub for versus XIII, XIII-2, XIII type-0 or is it out of the question?
Pretty much out of the question i'd say. They've stuck to dub only since voices were brought into games, so i really don't see why they would change now.
Old 2011-01-18, 15:37   Link #3144
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Pretty much out of the question i'd say. They've stuck to dub only since voices were brought into games, so i really don't see why they would change now.
I think I can agree with you for getting a eng dub for FFXIII-2 and type-0 but as for vsXIII... this is only my guess but I think the size of this game will be much more enormous than the last two games I mentioned so maybe they could implement the dubs in if there's extra space. I know I sounded a bit too demanding but I just don't like buying two game with different language... hmm... anyways, just say if i'm not making any sense at all... i'm just tired right now sorry
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 16:44   Link #3145
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
on interesting note

new character?
yeap new character. it been confirm that it will have 14 character. so we need one more

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201..._agito_reborn/

so shall we list

1 card
2 flute
3 1h sword/katana
4 2h sword
5 dual gun
6 one gun/shotgun?
7 scythe
8 spear
9 whip sword
10 bow
11 fist/martial art
12 mace
13 twin dagger?

any suggestion of 14th one. my bet is axe that can be used as boomerang. they lack on range side (even though most of them will use magic) and raw power

alternatively will be person with bazooka

or a boom stick (like nanoha)

Last edited by RRW; 2011-01-18 at 16:57.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 16:57   Link #3146
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I have now created a thread for the new game. If more (official) information becomes available, feel free to drop me a line to update the first post.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=101061
Old 2011-01-18, 17:15   Link #3147
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Will our post's be moved over?
Old 2011-01-18, 17:45   Link #3148
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Will our post's be moved over?
Wanted to move a few but several posts are also discussing Versus and the whole conversation between some people would end up pretty broken if I moved some posts and left others alone. I much rather have people stop the XIII-2 discussion here and move over to the new thread.

The discussion about Versus should also continue in the already existing thread for that game.
Old 2011-01-18, 18:13   Link #3149
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
As far as I am concerned, they better put back in what they took out of XIII; towns, free roaming, and sidequests.

Oh, well. At least XIII is going to be dirt cheap when XIII-2 comes out, so I might buy them together.
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

FF13 was successful and I'm guessing Square will stick with that.

Though I hope I'm wrong....
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 21:49   Link #3150
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Anything that results in my Lightning is a-okay in my book.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 19:16   Link #3151
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

How good is FF-13? I was thinking about getting it, and I've heard some good from on hereand some bad from the mainstream.
Old 2011-01-22, 19:18   Link #3152
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

It depends. Do you absolutely hate the lack of towns, a system where leader death = game over and a rather linear story? If yes, then it's probably not for you.
Old 2011-01-22, 19:21   Link #3153
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

I don't mind it, but did XII have towns and roaming and stuff?
Old 2011-01-22, 19:53   Link #3154
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
^ Yes it did. The story was also crappy there but at least the exploration was wonderful.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 20:36   Link #3155
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
^ Yes it did. The story was also crappy there but at least the exploration was wonderful.
The story was fine, people are just too used to character-driven RPG storylines.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 04:53   Link #3156
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I enjoyed the whole package XII had to offer. Sure the story was pretty weak at parts, though the exploration was fun and battle system kept me going. Sure it felt like i was just playing an MMORPG i don't have to pay monthly for , but it was a fun ride.
Old 2011-01-23, 06:43   Link #3157
Leo Keichi

XII had too little story for my tastes, and it can take you REALLY long if you are a completist. But it wasn't a bad game, and it has the most amazing towns I've seen in a game.

But XIII is actually my favourite one. The logic is simple: it has the best battle system of the series, and I suppose almost anyone thinks the same. And the battles are the most important thing in a FF game. That's what you're doing most of the time, at least.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 12:58   Link #3158
Kafriel
Senior Guest

XII's best part for me were the hunts. The worst were the huuuge dungeons and the insane difficulty that you can meet if you simply choose the wrong fork at some point (necropolis comes to mind), and ofc the weak characters that are Vaan and Penelo...Balthier or Ashe should have been the MC.
XIII had far better characters imo, the battles can get tough despite the "I go get dinner while mashing X and I win, 5 stars" comments. The thing I didn't enjoy was not so much the lack of towns but the lack of money, because getting T3 weapons was hell. Lucky me got 3 traps in a day, but that's just it, luck. Also, no secret uber boss that leaves your characters at 1 HP and kills you afterwards, only Vercingetorix and that was a bad battle (Yazmat-style, but worse).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 18:06   Link #3159
GDB

I gotta ask, but does XIII get any better after Chapter 4? Got the game yesterday and the linearity is already really getting to me. I figured I'd be fine since I had heard of these problems already, but I didn't think it was quite this bad, nor did I think the leveling/skill part would be as linear either.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 19:03   Link #3160
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I gotta ask, but does XIII get any better after Chapter 4? Got the game yesterday and the linearity is already really getting to me. I figured I'd be fine since I had heard of these problems already, but I didn't think it was quite this bad, nor did I think the leveling/skill part would be as linear either.
Chapter 11 and forward is probably as long as first 10 chapters, and it's not nearly as linear. It's a wide-open map.

I never really minded the linearity of XIII. It's my 3rd favorite FF, actually. I thought that Square's reasoning for the linearity (to keep moving the story forward at all times) worked. Sure, I stopped a few times to max my Crystarium at a few hours a pop, but I never lost site of the objectives.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360