AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-01-19, 10:51   Link #121
starrysky77

I love anime characters who are hyper and silly! Like Misha from Pita-Ten! There's tons more I like, though. XD
starrysky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 16:01   Link #122
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Tsun-tsun
Dere-dere.
Old 2011-01-19, 18:14   Link #123
Tsuyukusa
King of Carrot Flowers

Quiet, polite characters are always nice. I know people get sick of them, but I think they're much more tolerable than loud idiots.
Smooth and slightly mature school boy characters aren't bad either. They don't annoy me at least.
I also have a soft spot for sidekick characters. It's always nice to see them shine.

Now, as for characters I can't stand...
Any loud, idiotic character gets on my nerves instantly. I won't even watch a show if that's how the main character acts.
Emotionless characters are boring. I know they're a favorite amongst fans, but they put me to sleep.
Tsuyukusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 19:09   Link #124
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Spontaneous and random characters are always fun to watch. It keeps everything interesting and creative.
Old 2011-01-20, 13:26   Link #125
Seishin
私は、和のかがみのココロ

Send a message via MSN to Seishin
The spontaneous ones are always entertaining, although I'm not categorizing Black Star from Soul Eater in here, more along the lines of Haruhi Suzumiya.
The teases are pretty amusing as well, where they do nothing but imply various forms of behavior.
The highly intelligent characters are fairly decent as well. (L and kira from Death Note)
The emotionless ones I could go either way on, depending on if they have a good enough backstory to provide an explanation as to how they got that way.
Old 2012-05-24, 09:00   Link #126
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I really like male characters that are funny and know how to enjoy life to it's fullest but also somebody you can talk to about your problems. best example is eikichi onizuka

for females I like the cute out of the ordinary characters that can make life more exciting.best examples are haruhi suzumiya and lala(I love her inventions and happy go lucky personality) from to love ru.

EDIT
have you ever wondered how things would go if haruhi and onizuka would ever meet?

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-05-24 at 09:11.
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 23:49   Link #127
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Funny best friend, they are a riot to watch, You cannot help but cheer for them
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 02:00   Link #128
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I personally like characters that are idealistic and act as a voice of reason for any situation. It's more interesting considering we're eager to know what motivates the character either main or supporting to do what they do, and why they go against all odds to accomplish this. Those are the type of characters that keep me interested in an anime to say the least.
Old 2012-05-25, 07:01   Link #129
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Tomoya kind of personality and a buddy with a Sunohara like personality... wait... I got a friend like Sunohara except my friend was a genius.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 11:49   Link #130
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Yandere men

Loyal characters be it friend/lover/brother who would give their life to protect the other no matter what. Like:

Spoiler for spoilers to 07 Ghost and Code Geass R2:

Fun and hyperactive characters like Haru Miura from Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Pascal from Tales of Graces (yeah not from an anime, but one of my most recent favorite characters)

Kind and caring men

Male characters like Yamamoto from Reborn! just someone to cheer ya up on a bad day.

Quite yet friendly characters that smile like Kyoko from Reborn!

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 16:38   Link #131
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Anyone who acts like Daria- snarky, yet not always right and is still human.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 16:43   Link #132
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

I like the laid back and caring types. The ones that sees things positively, and appreciates what life has to offer. Someone like Mizunashi, Akari I guess.

In addtion, characters like Meiya always have a special place in my pure and innocent heart. So beautifully resolute even when in doubts, and when facing a difficult predicament. Possesses a very noble mind, and never fails to deliver what is necessary when it counts the most. Prideful, but will throw away everything that defines her very existence in order to save her loved ones. It's just unbelievably irresistible in my highly subjective opinion.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-06-02 at 02:49.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 17:04   Link #133
Eragon
Still Alive

Hmm.........................When I think about it the character personality that I really like is that of Sei Sato - Maria Watches over us. Caring, mature, charming, fun to be around and understands the people around her.
Of course on the outside I like characters such as in my avatar Essentially a "the world can screw itself over, I couldn't care less" attitude
Old 2012-05-29, 08:21   Link #134
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Hard to pick a favorite personality. I certainly like brash, perverted, chucklehead semi-sociopaths who just do not give an F, like Ataru Moroboshi and Haruhi. I don't know if I'd actually want to know these people in real life, but who else thinks the funniest characters are the ones you didn't actually have to interact with on a daily basis?

But I also have a soft spot for moeblob types too, as well as timid characters thrust into very dangerous worlds, like Shinji Ikari and Madoka Kaname, likely because I'm a rather timid guy myself. (You know what? I ship those two. ) How dare they cry so much and become paralyzed with fear in situations where they could die, and watching their friends die around them!
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 02:46   Link #135
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

I'm more into Onee-sama, and Ojou-sama types of personality. They never bore and annoy me. Prim and proper girls are just the love. Sometimes, I like the shy type too.

examples:

-Shizuru Fujino
-Mami Tomoe
-Azusa Miura
-Irisviel von Einzbern
-Mio Akiyama
-Haruka Morishima
-Hitagi Senjougahara is a rare case. I don't how to label her.
etc..etcc..
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 18:17   Link #136
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I like almost every character that is a person and not a personification of a sterotype. If you can really see that they have their own personality that is individual and is NOT found in (m)any other animes.

Example: Kamina from TTGL. He seems like the typical hot blooded leader at first, but later you get to know that this is only a mask he puts on because he is not very confident deep inside. Simon would be the exact opposite.

These 2 character would be an example of how I think anime/manga characters should be.

"How it should not be"-examples would be 95% of tsundere characters, escpacially the "aggressive tsundere", while i think the "shy tsundere" type is ok (like Satelizer from freezing).
Also I am really bored of the typical "normal and useless guy with a knight codex", who is very common in harems. Protagonists are supposed to be characters you can empathize with, not just a person who brings about panty shoots by "tripping and falling" all the time. Protagonists who are like that, but at least have some character developement, are usually OK though.
I also cannot stand "device" characters that are created as a metaphor for a whole social class or something like that.

beside these negative examples i am OK with most characters and like individual characters.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 02:35   Link #137
rea.sanka

Rea Sanka
rea.sanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 02:47   Link #138
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
I'm more into Onee-sama, and Ojou-sama types of personality. They never bore and annoy me. Prim and proper girls are just the love. Sometimes, I like the shy type too.

examples:

-Shizuru Fujino
-Mami Tomoe
-Azusa Miura
-Irisviel von Einzbern
-Mio Akiyama
-Haruka Morishima
-Hitagi Senjougahara is a rare case. I don't how to label her.
etc..etcc..
Umm, actually Tsumugi Kotobuki is the Oujo-sama from K-ON! not Mio Akiyama.
Old 2012-06-03, 03:26   Link #139
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
Umm, actually Tsumugi Kotobuki is the Oujo-sama from K-ON! not Mio Akiyama.
I'm aware of that ofc.

I was just referring to Mio as the shy and cool type. She seems to be a proper lady too imo. I forgot to put Mugi in there though XD
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 11:15   Link #140
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Oh well, i'd list 3 main personalities:

The bored and cynical guy, with a considerable amount of good sense, rational and realistic: Kyon from Haruhi Suzumiya.

The reasoning, logic and smart dude, always planning something, always having a trump card: Light from DN

The eccentric, crazy, original personality that always gives you jiggles. Okabe from S;G haha
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote