AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-14, 10:52   Link #3521
seangel92

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkas View Post
With the recent flurry of messages in the forum I am more confused than I was ever before, just to clarify, Kirino and Kyousuke in the epilogue go to Akihabara in an offline meeting and Kirino kissed kyousuke. This means that they are still dating right?
Kyosuke kissed Kirino when they were talking about how go back to "normal siblings", she blushed, ran away and then she said to him: "What are you waiting? Keep pace!" (Tsundere, just tsundere).
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 10:53   Link #3522
Wilshere

Quote:
With the recent flurry of messages in the forum I am more confused than I was ever before, just to clarify, Kirino and Kyousuke in the epilogue go to Akihabara in an offline meeting and Kirino kissed kyousuke. This means that they are still dating right?
Actually its Kyousuke who forced a surprise kiss on Kirino after promising to return being ''normal siblings'',resulting more 'life counseling' back at home. Feel free to guess what next would happen.
Old 2013-06-14, 10:54   Link #3523
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricadan View Post
The "Manami a shit" train sure is fun to ride on, but she really did have somewhat of a right. Manami was Kyousuke's childhood friend. When Kyousuke's ego was shot down after messing up with Sakurai, Manami couldn't bear seeing him so hurt. She just gave Super-Kyousuke a gentle reminder that he's still human so that he wouldn't be so hot-blooded all the time and get himself hurt again.
She did have some reason in her words, but the problem here is that she needlessly intervened. Instead of letting her ride it out she tried to convince Kirino that what she felt was not normal and she should change herself. But Kirino is a person with great determination, so Manami's words had the opposite effect.

As for Kyousuke, if she only gave him a soft reminder, it wouldn't have been bad. But the problem I see is what dragon1412 mentioned. That she used a situation in which Kyousuke was incredibly vulnerable to outright deny the existence of the Kyousuke who loved to take matters into his hands. To use this situation to just eliminate a whole portion of his personality and convince him that he was only a very normal boy.
Old 2013-06-14, 10:59   Link #3524
jandkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Actually its Kyousuke who forced a surprise kiss on Kirino after promising to return being ''normal siblings'',resulting more 'life counseling' back at home. Feel free to guess what next would happen.
Ohh that clears up so much because previously someone was talking about Kirino's counseling was about limitations or something.
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 11:03   Link #3525
Wilshere

Quote:
Ohh that clears up so much because previously someone was talking about Kirino's counseling was about limitations or something.
About what will they talk about,we have no idea,but I think its kinda obvious but as I said interpret it as you wish.
Old 2013-06-14, 11:05   Link #3526
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Now THAT is how you do childhood friends. Either be the winner or be THE final boss. Far too many times they were just pushed off to the wayside as if they're a pebble on the road, but this time she's the biggest obstacle. But I guess that is to be expected, as the childhood friend tends to be rival in love to the sister (be they 'real' or 'fake') in these stories, as they provide a good comparison since they essentially share the same history but just with the 'incest' angle attached to it.

And I can't imagine what the other ships are going through right now. At least us Manami fans get our punch as cathartic payback for our consolation prize. Can't wait to see it animated.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 11:07   Link #3527
s0beit
kiririn.me

2ch thread celebrating interview
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51398941.html

What happened?
s0beit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 11:12   Link #3528
seangel92

Quote:
That is the interpretation of someone, Kirino's counseling could be other thing, you can think that they could be together again in a future or that they gonna be normal siblings. This is no a clear ending and you can't say that your interpretation is better than other.
Old 2013-06-14, 11:15   Link #3529
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0beit View Post

What happened?
Celebrating? like it clears up or reaffirms peoples position about the ending?
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 11:20   Link #3530
laruldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
same thing as above, who or what give her the right to barge in their relationship.
And who have given Super-Kyousuke right to meddle with other's affairs?
Minami plays exactly same game here, and even on a bit higher ground, she is friend of both Kyousuke and Kirino. Super-Kyousuke have not hesitated to meddle with complete strangers affairs :-)
Sure, she failed, and in very spectacular way, so what?
At exact same time, Kyousuke failed with Sakurai, and in spectacular way too.
Sad, but in real life, sometimes shit happens.
And why she have not fixed her errors? Maybe, scared to mess it up even more (was not Kyousuke in same boat in same period?). And she had limited understanding about what happens with Kirino . And as much omnipotent and omniscient granny she looks sometimes, that image overboasted in same way as Super-Kyousuke image. And when she got better picture, she tried to fix things. And with that, while she failed to reach her goals, but even her failed attempt played to Kirino & Kyousuke glory, so who cares?
laruldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 11:23   Link #3531
s0beit
kiririn.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
Celebrating? like it clears up or reaffirms peoples position about the ending?
The key bit seems to be here:
Quote:
───12巻は全体的に美少女ゲーム(ギャルゲー)を意識した構成になっていて、原点に帰った印象を受けま す。

伏見:そうですね。狙って1巻っぽいシーンを書いています。すべてに決着をつけて禁断の道に突っ込むという 痛快な物語は、電撃文庫で、直接描くのは、とても難しいですし、桐乃を幸せにするエンドにしようと決めた以 上、彼女の今後には、可能な限り良いレールを敷いてやらなくてはいけないし……非常に悩みました。結果は、 読んでいただいたとおりなのですが、再読する方向けに、蛇足ながらコメントさせていただくと、

・「完全なる桐乃エンド」
・「最初の人生相談と同じように、兄妹は、二人だけの秘密を抱えて終わる」

12巻は、そんなお話です。
I'm not sure what it says completely, but people in the Kirino thread seem to be happy about it.
Old 2013-06-14, 11:24   Link #3532
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0beit View Post

What happened?
generally good news, the author's new work is already in progress.
if you want me to translate a specific part, post up.
・「完全なる桐乃エンド」 - kirino end
・「最初の人生相談と同じように、兄妹は、二人だけの秘密を抱えて終わる」 - like the life consultation, the siblings holding a secret of only the 2 at the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laruldan View Post
And who have given Super-Kyousuke right to meddle with other's affairs?
Minami plays exactly same game here, and even on a bit higher ground, she is friend of both Kyousuke and Kirino. Super-Kyousuke have not hesitated to meddle with complete strangers affairs :-)
Sure, she failed, and in very spectacular way, so what?
At exact same time, Kyousuke failed with Sakurai, and in spectacular way too.
Sad, but in real life, sometimes shit happens.
And why she have not fixed her errors? Maybe, scared to mess it up even more (was not Kyousuke in same boat in same period?). And she had limited understanding about what happens with Kirino . And as much omnipotent and omniscient granny she looks sometimes, that image overboasted in same way as Super-Kyousuke image. And when she got better picture, she tried to fix things. And with that, while she failed to reach her goals, but even her failed attempt played to Kirino & Kyousuke glory, so who cares?
you misunderstood my point, i never said that i hate Manami because she is manipulative, but rather her lack of guts to clean her mess, true she can be failed but if her at least try before the cold war happened,, i would never hate her and when she tried to fix thing Kyousuke already fixed this before she get the bigger picture like you said, and while super -kyousuke do it for himself and accept it all, Manami do it while justified it's for the siblings.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 11:26   Link #3533
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
・「最初の人生相談と同じように、兄妹は、二人だけの秘密を抱えて終わる」 - like the life consultation, the two siblings holding a secret at the end.
what does he mean with kirino end?Did he confirm that they going to end up together after all and it isn't a open ending or something like that?
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 11:28   Link #3534
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
・「最初の人生相談と同じように、兄妹は、二人だけの秘密を抱えて終わる」 - like the life consultation, the two siblings holding a secret at the end.
Assuming I'm understanding the second line correctly that kills the ambiguity I guess. It still is phrased in a coy way though.

Edit: What are those last lines in reference to though, I'm confused
Old 2013-06-14, 11:29   Link #3535
s0beit
kiririn.me

Quote:
Hm.

Well, anyway, there's other bits from the interview:
Quote:
>Fushimi says that he was very busy leading up to the end of Volume 12, and he couldn't play Far Cry 3 ;_;
>In th Manami part, the interviewer says something like "In the Manami part, Kirino's taunting was like something from "Kuma-AA" http://matsucon.net/material/art/aa11.html [クマーAA]" no idea. Trolling, maybe?
>Fushimi retorts that because the setup is different, Manami reacted differently. I don't know how to format the rest.
>Sena and Makabe have been shipped by the author since the volumes they were introduced (Volume 5). Poor Akagi.
Old 2013-06-14, 11:36   Link #3536
dragon1412

・「完全なる桐乃エンド」 -complete kirino end
12巻は、そんなお話です。 volume 12 is that kind of story, ( is this the line you speak, tommycat) ??
@s0beit : the Kuma is quite famous in japan otaku, so it might be a reference
Old 2013-06-14, 11:36   Link #3537
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by laruldan View Post
Another thing here is, she seems to have learned nothing. Because whenever Kyousuke (who has indeed learned from his experiences) starts acting in a manner similar to his former self, she immediately disapproves and gets kind of angry. Kind of like she wants to surpress any aspect relating to the former Kyousuke.
Old 2013-06-14, 11:39   Link #3538
seangel92

Is the author clearing the ending?
Old 2013-06-14, 11:40   Link #3539
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
・「完全なる桐乃エンド」 -complete kirino end
12巻は、そんなお話です。 volume 12 is that kind of story, ( is this the line you speak, tommycat) ??
@s0beit : the Kuma is quite famous in japan otaku, so it might be a reference

I mean the whole answer from him it flows into those bold lines but I don't understand the implications of what he's trying to say in the entire question. Google translate doesn't make it all that clear.
Old 2013-06-14, 11:41   Link #3540
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
I mean the whole answer from him it flows into those bold lines but I don't understand the implications of what he's trying to say in the entire question. Google translate doesn't make it all that clear.
post it up, there are too many bold line to me

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings