AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-02-25, 09:45   Link #621
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
OOI, the recent big fuck ups, Shadow and Next Gen, are not Sonic Team.
Then who made them?
Quote:
Unfortunately, so was Heroes, but that was bearable as a "side game" at least.
[...]
Sonic Team have only had one bum game, and that was Heroes, which wasn't recieved all that badly.
I'll defend this game forever. It's great fun. The team system was something new, and the game focused on good gameplay. Destroying all those robots while going fast is great.
Quote:
yet most of the recent 2D games have been pretty lackluster
Those were outsourced to Dimps.
Quote:
gay
Please refrain from using that word as foul language.
Quote:
Most Sonic fans are in their 20s now, for fuck's sake. Sonic may be a "furry" character, but they don't need another Sonic Heroes.
The only character that Sonic Heroes added was Omega. Cheese was from the Advance games.
Quote:
Get rid of annoying "set time" special moves. It's what made Heroes seem so glitchy; most special moves would act for a certain time and you couldn't pull yourself out of them before that, meaning tons of ledge falling unless you have perfect timing.
Could you explain this in detail, please?
Quote:
However, what about Mighty, Ray, Nack, and others? And what about Metal Knuckles?
Mighty and Ray were from that questionable arcade game that not many people have heard about. Nack appeared in the Game Gear Sonic Triple Trouble that doesn't belong in the official Sonic universe. Metal Knuckles (along with Metal Tails, though he was lame, admittedly) appeared in Sonic R that Traveller's Tales made, a racing game, even.

What I'm saying is that they don't seem canon to the official universe.
Old 2007-02-25, 10:15   Link #622
Lebron
I hear voices

its times like these that make me wish I still had my Dreamcast, and Sonic Adventures 1 & 2, man... :/
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 11:15   Link #623
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Hey don't trash omega benoit, acutally omega was the only reason I bought heroes I still curious what ever happened to the e10x series of robots.(I know about e101, e102, etc and so on but if omega was created that means there must be more.)
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 15:15   Link #624
Lebron
I hear voices

I want a "black" Wii. I think I may spray paint ours, when roommates is away, if Nintendo doesn't announce one soon :P
Old 2007-02-26, 13:00   Link #625
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
its times like these that make me wish I still had my Dreamcast, and Sonic Adventures 1 & 2, man... :/
You don't have them anymore?! You didn't sell them, didn you? If you did, you're crazy.
Quote:
Hey don't trash omega benoit
I'm not trashing him. All I said is that he was the only new character in Sonic Heroes.
Quote:
I know about e101, e102, etc and so on but if omega was created that means there must be more.
Weren't the E-102 look-a-likes in Sonic Adventure 2 of the E-1000 series?
Old 2007-02-26, 23:44   Link #626
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Weren't the E-102 look-a-likes in Sonic Adventure 2 of the E-1000 series?
Yes and no the E-1000 is sopost to be a more competent(In eggmans mind) gamma, but gamma was more superiour.(He had a better laser system and a upgradable gun, unlike the E-1000's who only have 2 weak guns and a laser system that's about as good as the ps1's laser reader.)
(P.S the E-1000's actually showed up in heroes, the one's what we're in 2 I think we're E-1000 prototypes.)
(P.P.S what I ment to say is where is where is the rest of the E-100's like E-108Ψ(This is just a example)I really wish that they would of offered more backstory on the E-100's, E-1000's, Hell we don't even know if omega is a E-1000 or E-100.)
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 08:22   Link #627
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

it may not be that bad, but imagination do go near there
Spoiler:
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 12:38   Link #628
Kittie Rose

Quote:
Then who made them?
Other internal dev studios. Most Sonic games aren't made by Sonic Team.

Sonic 1 was entirely Sonic Team, pretty much, Sonic 2 was half Sonic Team, half STI(same for
Sonic 3&K) though only STI are credited since Sonic Team were apart of them at the time.
Sonic CD was a couple of guys from Sonic Team but mostly a new dev team.

The original "Big 3" were Naka, Yasuhara and Oshima. Yasuhara and Oshima left sometime before
SA2's release, explaining why the direction went kind of... bad after SA2.

Quote:
Please refrain from using that word as foul language.
No thanks. I explained the context.

Quote:
The only character that Sonic Heroes added was Omega. Cheese was from the Advance games.
Actually Cream&Cheese were created for Heroes but SAdv2 got released first. Plus that game
included EVERYONE they could in it(save poor Mighty and Ray), which made it seem overbloated.

Quote:
Mighty and Ray were from that questionable arcade game that not many people have heard about.
Mighty was from Knuckles Chaotix, too.

Quote:
Nack appeared in the Game Gear Sonic Triple Trouble that doesn't belong in the official Sonic universe.
Err, he was going to be in Xtreme, so yes, he does. I believe the gamegear games just about
fit into continuity.

There is nothing to say those games aren't canon.
Kittie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 12:45   Link #629
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
You don't have them anymore?! You didn't sell them, didn you? If you did, you're crazy.
Yeah I sold my DC a while ago

Only game I still have left is Shenmue. Tried to rebuy a Dreamcast, and realized, they're selling for like $100+ now :/ Also, the fact that I can't find a Sonic Adventure game on DC to save my life. Yup, I got owned...
Old 2007-02-27, 15:25   Link #630
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Yeah I sold my DC a while ago

Only game I still have left is Shenmue. Tried to rebuy a Dreamcast, and realized, they're selling for like $100+ now :/ Also, the fact that I can't find a Sonic Adventure game on DC to save my life. Yup, I got owned...
Seriously?....*checks to make sure that he still has his*....sweetness
Old 2007-02-27, 15:30   Link #631
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Other internal dev studios. Most Sonic games aren't made by Sonic Team.
But which ones made the games after Sonic Adventure 2? That's what I want to know.
Quote:
Actually Cream&Cheese were created for Heroes but SAdv2 got released first.
Interesting. Got a source?
Quote:
Mighty was from Knuckles Chaotix, too.
Oh, right.
Quote:
Err, he was going to be in Xtreme, so yes, he does. I believe the gamegear games just about
fit into continuity.
In Xtreme? Never, ever heard of that. Source, please.

The Mega Drive games, and then the Dreamcast games, are the official continuity. Especially Sonic Triple Trouble isn't part of the continuity. Come on, it was basically a rehash of Sonic 3 with a bit of Sonic Chaos mixed in. Robotnik tells Knuckles that Sonic and Tails are bad, as if he never heard of them before, and the game doesn't take place on the Floating Island. Metal Sonic appears in it for no reason, even though he went missing after Sonic CD. Robotnik found an emerald just like in Sonic Chaos before the game started.

The point is that there's nothing linking the Game Gear games to the Mega Drive games, and Sonic Triple Trouble even contradicts it.
Quote:
Also, the fact that I can't find a Sonic Adventure game on DC to save my life.
Really? The game seems pretty common (and cheap), at least in Europe.
Old 2007-02-28, 08:19   Link #632
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Xtreme was the game being made for the Saturn, wasn't it? It was never finished, so...yeah.
Old 2007-02-28, 15:01   Link #633
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

(browses the posts a bit)
ah well.. my older son snared a Wii with 4 remotes and we've been enjoying the hell out of Swing Golf (Pangya port: worship the Kooh) and the Rayman Rabbid Rabbit games. The basic software package that comes with the kit is iffy (we do play the bowling and the golf somewhat for beer&pretzel moments) and though the swordfighting elements in Zelda are spiffy - the game itself being solo means it isn't played much.

They really need to solve their supply problem though or the game will be toast in the attention-deficit eyes of the slobbering masses. The PSP3 debacle certainly helps the Wii market-wise. I'm not really a fan of console-based gaming but the Wii is a nice party and socializing device and it gets people off their fat asses

(takes the $600+ saved not buying a PSP3 and builds another kickass LAN party machine)
Old 2007-02-28, 18:16   Link #634
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

My Wii had been collecting dust after Zelda, but all that changed when I picked up Super Swing Golf. That game's addicting (yes, Kooh>you). I have yet to pick up Rayman, though.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 18:27   Link #635
Blood

Last edited by Blood; 2016-11-21 at 14:41.
Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 04:51   Link #636
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
My Wii had been collecting dust after Zelda, but all that changed when I picked up Super Swing Golf. That game's addicting (yes, Kooh>you). I have yet to pick up Rayman, though.
funny, mine was collecting dust until i bought paper mario, metroid prime & recently Zelda ocarina of time, can't stop playing the zelda one. bloody hell, its more of a challenge then twilight princess.... N64 rocks.

but i want super swing golf......
Old 2007-03-01, 12:31   Link #637
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
They really need to solve their supply problem though or the game will be toast in the attention-deficit eyes of the slobbering masses.
I wouldn't say Nintendo has a supply "problem". Nintendo was ahead of schedule on production bu the time the Wii launched, and has continued to send new stock to stores on a very regular basis. The issue is the popularity of the console. When people are lining up the night before a store will supposedly have new stock in, months after the release of the console, that says something.

The fact that it keeps selling out so quickly is part of what kept it in the mainstream press for so long.

Nintendo's big issue is whether or not they can keep the games coming, and in doing so keep interest strong enough to keep them in a leading position into 2008.
Old 2007-03-01, 17:47   Link #638
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

well.. in business terms that's a "supply" problem == unable to meet customer demand (in that old supply vs demand equation where a change on one side creates a problem on the other side).

But yes, they thoroughly underestimated their impact on the market (much like the RX-7 Mazda and the Toyota Prius underestimated their market on release).

Not only does Nintendo have a "keep the games coming" problem, they have the additional issue of "what games make sense or actually innovate using a Wii wand?" I keep waiting for something like "Wii feet wands" so something like DDR or soccer might prove interesting.... (or Wii "wear" for that full body effect ).

Myself, I could probably be kept entertained for quite a while with just expansions to Swing Golf (courses, effects gear, etc)

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-03-01 at 17:59.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 12:07   Link #639
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

In a sense, yes, but usually when you say "supply problem" you are implying that the producer has not produced as many units as they expected to be able to, or possibly could have had they expected demand. To my knowledge, Nintendo has been producing the Wii in greater numbers than many previous console launches have seen, and they've kept supplies coming. (I would be interested to see hard numbers on that, though.)

I concede on technical definitions, I merely meant that Nintendo's "problem" is one I'm certain many companies, their competitors included, would love to have with any of their products.

As for the games issue, hopefully many companies learned their lessons from the DS touchscreen. The first year of the DS was pretty bleak. Lots of bland games that made poor, or gimmicky use of the touch screen. So far, the Wii lineup has been much better. Let's hope they can continue that momentum.

It will be interesting to see how the market shapes up around the Wii. Titles like Wii Sports, Raving Rabbids, and Wario Ware are exceeding popular with some, while others have considered post-Zelda Wii to be a drought of interesting games.
Old 2007-03-03, 10:28   Link #640
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

"Pimp my Ride"... but not for Wii.

GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, wii