AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-27, 10:25   Link #31501
Eratas123

Rin's just as sidelined as her, so why not her?
Old 2012-05-27, 10:29   Link #31502
greedyspectator

@Demi:
I thought the arena is about 400m in diameter?
Anyway, for 100m, particle accelerators tend to be effective. The particles have not yet lost energy or bloomed significantly. At more than that, blooming tends to occur very significantly and energy will be lost. This problem will be worse the higher the power of the particle accelerator. Using the blooming formula, if you have beam temperatures of 900 Kelvins (more than enough to vaporize a human being):
V=1.4 SQRT(900) m/sec
V=1.4*30 m/sec
V= 42 m/sec
So in other words, if you have a starting thin 1mm diameter beam, in one second that beam would have expanded to 42.001m in diameter. Assuming the particles move at 30Km/sec, at 300m your 1mm beam would be 0.42001 meters in diameter, or42.001 cm in diameter. As you can see, the energy deposited loses focus really quickly. At 3Km, your 1mm beam would be 4.2001 meters in diameter, far to spread out to actually deal any damage.
Old 2012-05-27, 10:33   Link #31503
greedyspectator

@Zero
Your bunny is not unrealistic because of its power. It's unrealistic because there is no point in using rare antimatter-catalyst nuclear fusion warheads when you can produce hundreds of the same power at cheaper cost with fission powered fusion warheads. Producing antimatter is ridiculously hard. It's distressingly easy to make a nuclear warhead, given you have the technology to refine uranium. And IS verse is far more advanced than real life...
Old 2012-05-27, 10:34   Link #31504
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
From out of universe standpoint, Rin is less attractive than Cecilia (most casual viewer says so). Rin's temper also a huge turn off, though Cecilia is bad enough on her own.

Form me, it's seems legit that Cecilia is the one that got attention switch most often. It could be Rito helping her for all we knew, they after all are in the same school. However, do mind that Rin came when Ichika at the start of second semester, sixth month after Houki left, which mean Ichika has protect her for at least three years until they're separated in this verse (4.5 years in canon)

OTOH, Cecilia met Ichika at the start of the story, if she met Rito instead, that would make not much difference (save for his volcanic temper, who tend to override his nonexistent backbone). Though the development of her feelings is somewhat more realistic, and her Tsundere aspect is showcased more.
Old 2012-05-27, 10:39   Link #31505
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ greedy
Well, I.S. weapon platform need to be compact, though I think mount a standard W44 warhead is not much of a problem (they can be launched from 155mm artillery).

As for the antimatter, the I.S. produce it themselves (just like the entire weapon) from data, which explain the warhead limit.

All in all, I'll scrap this idea anyway, too much of a game changer
Old 2012-05-27, 10:41   Link #31506
Eratas123

Wait, what? Less attractive? What is it because she's got an airport runway instead of a couple of hills? Everybody has Generic Cuteness in this series.

Anyway, didn't her dad play a big role in her life?
Old 2012-05-27, 10:50   Link #31507
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I myself consider Kanzashi being the most attractive one and Rin second (a nerd and a loli? SIGN ME IN!), but really, that's what most people say. Hell, just look at Old Man Hawk's "Rin's revenge" video and Favorite character's thread

Nah, her dad is a wuss as far as she could be remember. It's somewhat changed in fanon that 'he got a moment or two' when it comes to manliness.
Old 2012-05-27, 10:54   Link #31508
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@greedy: weird, I could've sworn that was supposed to be in radian... I'ma look through that link again.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 10:57   Link #31509
Eratas123

Kanzashi's not Loli, what makes you say that?

Side note - That's what I meant. Whether positive or negative, he's affected her view on life.
Old 2012-05-27, 11:11   Link #31510
greedyspectator

@Demi:
If the diameter is 1mm, then the radius is 0.5mm, and the expansions rate is increasing the radius, then the blooming effect is even worse. Either way, particle accelerators tend to have crappy range.

By the way, last post. I need to sleep.
Old 2012-05-27, 11:15   Link #31511
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, Ichika said she's a lightweight, a loli or anorexic, take your pick. Also, I judge this from the artwork on Uchigane Nishiki.

On a more serious note, it was Rin whom I refer as loli, not as in 'look like 12 years old' though.

Note - Oh, in that case, yes. In fact, Rito 'wussy' nature (borderline gynophobic) rub on her a lot in a bad way. It reminded him too mcuh about her father.

She wonder where's "That furious, overwhelming appearance and strength" he shown during their fight is, and decided to "take a closer look".

Of course, it leads to inevitable relationship building and character development
Old 2012-05-27, 11:15   Link #31512
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@greedy: the equation you used was incomplete and incorrect in usage. the complete form was below. @_@

I calculated barely any difference :| and thats from temperature alone. not countring magnetic field and stuff but the blooming is pretty insignificant considering the ranges of 10km already.

So about that scholar... no dice?
Old 2012-05-27, 11:24   Link #31513
Eratas123

Look at this pic and tell me she's a Loli: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...IS_v07_173.jpg

So.....Cecilia likes guys who are mean and aggressive?
Old 2012-05-27, 11:35   Link #31514
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Look at the proportion between head and the body, Kanzashi by no means flat, but she IS short in height. Hell, that naked artwork give me impression that she is shorter than Rin.

More like "a men that could do his part regardless of pressure" really. Her father is so much of a wuss that she forgot a small part of him that is actually decent, and tidbit moments that is actually awesome (such as an offhand stock analysis that raise their wealth by 6% and saving an orphanage behind his wife's back).

Looking at Rito actually made her mind less cloudy and remember those forgotten part, though her feelings for him are genuine.

@ Demi
Beyond my knowledge, sorry.
Old 2012-05-27, 11:38   Link #31515
Eratas123

Does the art style make their hands look too small?

That's really not fair considering the ace of guys in the IS society. Bravery ain't worth much when you get insta-smacked by a megaton fist.
Old 2012-05-27, 11:39   Link #31516
greedyspectator

@Demi:
The equation above is not incomplete, it just calculates the amount of divergence per second. The equation below calculates the amount of divergence at a given distance, not the amount divergence in meters per second. There is a big difference. Both equations are correct, but both tires to get different units for their values.
Could you type in your calculations? I'm not accusing you or anything, if that's the impression you are receiving, but I need to verify your math.

My calculations using the second equation (assuming 900 Kelvins, 20th Atom, 3000m distance):
RT = Tan((5e-9 * Sqrt[BT]) * Sqrt[80/Bn]) * 3000
RT = Tan((5e-9 * Sqrt(900) * Sqrt(80/20)) * 3000
RT = Tan((5e-9 * 30) * 20) * 3000
RT = Tan((0.000015 * 30) * 20) * 3000
RT = Tan (0.009 radians) * 3000
RT = 0.29 * 3000
RT = 870 m
That's a lot of divergence...
Old 2012-05-27, 11:42   Link #31517
demino_hellsin
That one guy

are you using natural number e or scientific notation?

Cuz my practice normally dictates e as scientific notation in most equations I work with. no idea for this case though.
Old 2012-05-27, 11:46   Link #31518
Eratas123

Going to sleep for now.
Old 2012-05-27, 11:49   Link #31519
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
I said head, not hands.

However, need not to argue. We all have our opinion since Izuru never stated which is which, it's up to our judgment on the artwork.
Old 2012-05-27, 11:57   Link #31520
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would I be treading on dangerous waters if there was another scientist who has done things on Tabane's level of tech but just not the same level of... showmanship?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest