AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-11-29, 06:40   Link #341
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Spoiler for 62:

There's an important announcement next chapter. An anime adaption, perhaps?
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 15:29   Link #342
scrumly1

Oh god I hope.
scrumly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 19:13   Link #343
StBullet
NOPE

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...o-get-tv-anime

yay~!

StBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 19:30   Link #344
ellifeedn
Thinker

This should be interesting.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 02:50   Link #345
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
This should be interesting.
It's already great to me. The manga is good, if they don't mess it up it might become the Best Anime of Winter 2012.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 05:42   Link #346
RJ TAYLER

Yay-ifications, boy I wonder how they are going to cut the mustard with this one!
Old 2011-12-25, 23:29   Link #347
judasmartel
*Author

So guys, anyone likes Chiwa Saito as Urabe? Like, you know, she's somehow similar to Hitagi if I'm not mistaken.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 23:46   Link #348
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
So guys, anyone likes Chiwa Saito as Urabe? Like, you know, she's somehow similar to Hitagi if I'm not mistaken.
I wanted KanaHana to over-work herself again and take Urabe's role though. Her or Minori Chihara, who surprised me with her role as Horizon Ariadust this season...
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 09:07   Link #349
Erunno

It's thread necromancy time!

I just wanted to vent a bit. I've never heard of this manga before the anime aired which I only watched by pure chance because from the description it didn't seem to by the kind of story which I would enjoy as I do not usually read romance manga or watch the respective anime unless it has some other great quality to it (e.g. humor). Usually I find them too contrived and frustrating by overusing the carrot-on-a-stick-dangling-before-the-reader's-eyes kind of storytelling. So I was positively surprised that the anime was for more direct than expected concerning the sexual blossoming of their protagonists and general relationship progression (within the bounds of genre and target audience, of course). I was baffled that the characters were actually able to clearly voice their needs and expectations and didn't completely revert to hand-waving, stuttering "I DIDN'T MEAN IT!!" morons which is all too common in this genre, but at least acted somewhat believably with respect to their age and experience. And because the first part of the manga had a surprisingly great pace and character development I was dismayed when it dissipated in the second half. For about the past 3 dozens chapters nothing ever really happened and by the end of each chapter/arc we're back at the beginning (i.e. the dreaded permanent status quo). Hope the manga picks up again...
Erunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 09:18   Link #350
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
It's really hard to trace the developments in the manga, especially since the characters themselves don't seem to be literally advancing, age-wise. I think we've passed through THREE summers at this point, and yet the kids haven't progressed into high school yet.
Old 2012-05-01, 09:29   Link #351
Erunno

Given that their age of all main characters is 17 I think they are already in high school. Didn't Tsubaki have his unrequited love episode in junior high and afterwards they went to different high schools? Anyway, I'm willing to overlook the inconsistencies in actual time in the fictional world but less so the lack of any relevant plot progression. At this point I kinda share Tsubaki's sentiment of being somehow caught in some kind of standstill. Maybe this is a devilish plot of the mangaka to convey Tsubaki's frustration to the readers...
Erunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 12:01   Link #352
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

They are already high school students at the start of the story.
Old 2012-05-04, 22:15   Link #353
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Well there's a new chapter up, and boy does it introduce an unforeseen wrinkle in Tsubaki and Urabe's relationship. I think the poor boy is now confusing the role he's playing in the movie to the real relationship he's having with Urabe.

I suppose this is where the NTR jokes come in huh?
Old 2012-05-05, 01:02   Link #354
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I wish we could go back to the old, puberty is making me think weird things about my girlfriend, story instead of the, another pretty girl is in the way of Urabe and Tsubaki relationship test, routine. This is the third time they've done this and, quite personally, it's getting kinda stale.
Old 2012-05-05, 05:21   Link #355
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I wish we could go back to the old, puberty is making me think weird things about my girlfriend, story instead of the, another pretty girl is in the way of Urabe and Tsubaki relationship test, routine. This is the third time they've done this and, quite personally, it's getting kinda stale.
I generally agree that the "another rival girl" plotline is getting really old. However, with the end of this chapter, I'm curious what's the matter with Urabe and wonder whether the issue with her drool isn't something more serious this time.

Urabe has been jealous before but then Tsubaki would feel that through her drool. For her drool to lose its "sweetness" (or rather: its special effect) completely is quite worrying and I'm not sure it has to do with him mixing up fiction and reality. It might have something to do with Urabe herself. The editor's comment about "more startling revelations" next time, while unreliable as is the nature of these comments, doesn't really help either.

PS: With all that said I'm not thinking NTR at all, dunno where that came from.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 18:00   Link #356
Chandalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Pretty much this.

Honestly I just want SOMETHING else, I don't really care what at this point as long as it doesn't stagnate like it has the past 1+ years.
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 18:20   Link #357
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I generally agree that the "another rival girl" plotline is getting really old. However, with the end of this chapter, I'm curious what's the matter with Urabe and wonder whether the issue with her drool isn't something more serious this time.

Urabe has been jealous before but then Tsubaki would feel that through her drool. For her drool to lose its "sweetness" (or rather: its special effect) completely is quite worrying and I'm not sure it has to do with him mixing up fiction and reality. It might have something to do with Urabe herself. The editor's comment about "more startling revelations" next time, while unreliable as is the nature of these comments, doesn't really help either.
I think its due to Urabe locking down her own feelings of jealousy.

She's not happy with the movie as a whole, but is going along with it because of what Oka said. And so as she's surpressing those emotions, she is also surpressing her other emotions as well. That's why her drool is different - its an expression of her stone walling her feelings.
Old 2012-05-05, 18:35   Link #358
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post

She's not happy with the movie as a whole, but is going along with it because of what Oka said. And so as she's surpressing those emotions, she is also surpressing her other emotions as well. That's why her drool is different - its an expression of her stone walling her feelings.
Sounds good to me. It would also mean a little twist in the "rival girl" formula since it's Urabe that is causing the "issue" by forcing herself too hard not to create any drama instead of the rival making trouble.

It still doesn't explain the supposed "startling revelations" though. It can't be that much of red herring right?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 21:25   Link #359
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

After all that's happened in the prior 65 episodes, you would have thought that Tsubaki would have learned a valuable lesson: if Urabe asks you a question, tell her the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post

It's a good theory, but it's so hard to tell what Urabe's really thinking, since we're not party to her point of view most of the time. Plus, she's generally so emotionless that it's difficult to read anything from her actions, or lack thereof, most of the time. We know when she's pissed, we know when she's extremely happy, and we know when she's overwhelmed by 'dirty thoughts.' But most of the time, she's about as emotional as a cake of soap. Maybe even less so. She could be jealous, but if she says it doesn't bother her, I'm more inclined to take it on face value that that is how she feels.

Could it not simply be that Tsubaki is no longer affected by Urabe's drool? Perhaps the stress and anguish of 65 episodes of trying to believe that Urabe really is his girlfriend (even though, for all intents and purposes, she rarely acts like one) has reached a critical breaking point, and the magical spell that her drool initially cast over him has finally been dispelled by an unconscious realization that he could be having a far better time with someone who acted like a real girlfriend (guess who).

There's no doubt that his close association with Suwano during the filming of the movie has made an impression on him. She is supplanting Urabe in his dreams, not just visually, but also the bond they shared via their drool. Plus, she's sweet and pleasant and was even willing to kiss him. Who wouldn't pick her over Urabe?
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 21:29   Link #360
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Hmm, the back of my head is telling me, that this may be the arc where Tsubaki finally spills the beans about his relationship with Urabe, just out of fear that the bond they have will be lost forever. Granted though I don't he'll share about the whole drool thing-v-;;.

Tags
romance, seinen