AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-09-14, 10:49   Link #1501
Iron Maw
Banned

It's still there though, just a lot less pronounced. The lipstick never bother me anyway, it's one of P.IG trademarks.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 21:29   Link #1502
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
It's still there though, just a lot less pronounced. The lipstick never bother me anyway, it's one of P.IG trademarks.
Lol ya it's awesome. And yes! Mikasa listened to me and stole some lipsticks for herself and Annie in episode 23! Please don't ever edit that out.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 21:56   Link #1503
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

To be honest I like the more vacant look her eyes had in the TV version xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 08:55   Link #1504
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I just a saw a video today by the Fine Brothers, the creators of the Kids, Teens, Elders and YouTubers React Series, and turns out, the Fine Brothers are fans of the show. (One of them even wore a Recon Corps T-Shirt.)

And then i read the comments of that video and most of them are the fans asking the Fine Brothers make a Kids/Teens/YouTubers React to Attack on Titan video. I will glee with joy if they do that.
Old 2013-09-24, 04:54   Link #1505
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

From PBS Idea Channel.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-09-24, 23:27   Link #1506
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo
My qualms over the post futuristic theory can be summarized in the following issue:

How can such a vast area without any traces of advanced technology in it exist? We still find ruins dating thousand years ago, and they were made of stone and marble at best. Modern technology involves plastic, metals concrete which have an even higher durability over time. Some of them are massive like suspended bridges, railways, hundred story high towers, highways and so on. A civilized nation would have all of those, and not even a thousand year would erase them completely.

For example the pyramids of Giza and the great wall of China never really vanished from the eye of the people even without them tending them. A civilized and highly developed nation would create even greater and massive stuff and in greater number.
Hehe, gotta love one month long debates...

I wasn't under the impression we've seen the entire world at-large (which I think is the mystery of the entire show--maybe Misaka's mom is from that we haven't seen yet as I digress)...Even in the ancient musings we never get a full visual perspective on what the full view of "Earth" is or how it appears outside the the Wall-society and the outside forest...

In several Gundam shows for instance you see how completely barren a world can become when it is utterly reset based on apocalyptic aspects...In Turn A Gundam for example the world and buildings are similar to what you find in AOT...Now granted we know that this is a future dystopian world from the outside, but the characters live in ignorance to this UNTIL it is revealed (which could easily be the same case here)...

Again AOT has given so little evidence on the world at-large I feel like the context kernels, as in the religious ethos surrounding the walls (if you base that against understood societal norms of our time), seems to veer down a path of mishmashed information distorted over time (The cave-like crayon drawings we see on the mortar in the end theme)...Ruling out medieval magic the basis behind the "science" that IMO I believe is connected to some sort of genetic manipulation...

But again my original point was to pivot off of the thought that this was a Game of thrones level time-setting or something...Nonetheless as much as anything, it's just a feel from watching many shows like this and seeing certain tropes show themselves that gives me this conclusion as well...So I'm not being as narrow as you think as it could be so much more or less than this, but i do believe this world is future in any event...
Old 2013-09-25, 00:24   Link #1507
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Hehe, gotta love one month long debates...

I wasn't under the impression we've seen the entire world at-large (which I think is the mystery of the entire show--maybe Misaka's mom is from that we haven't seen yet as I digress)...Even in the ancient musings we never get a full visual perspective on what the full view of "Earth" is or how it appears outside the the Wall-society and the outside forest...

In several Gundam shows for instance you see how completely barren a world can become when it is utterly reset based on apocalyptic aspects...In Turn A Gundam for example the world and buildings are similar to what you find in AOT...Now granted we know that this is a future dystopian world from the outside, but the characters live in ignorance to this UNTIL it is revealed (which could easily be the same case here)...

Again AOT has given so little evidence on the world at-large I feel like the context kernels, as in the religious ethos surrounding the walls (if you base that against understood societal norms of our time), seems to veer down a path of mishmashed information distorted over time (The cave-like crayon drawings we see on the mortar in the end theme)...Ruling out medieval magic the basis behind the "science" that IMO I believe is connected to some sort of genetic manipulation...

But again my original point was to pivot off of the thought that this was a Game of thrones level time-setting or something...Nonetheless as much as anything, it's just a feel from watching many shows like this and seeing certain tropes show themselves that gives me this conclusion as well...So I'm not being as narrow as you think as it could be so much more or less than this, but i do believe this world is future in any event...
I'm not familiar with the shows you are mentioning but if the situation in there is about a very limited area the comparison doesn't work.
What we have here may not be the world at large, but it is still a very big chunk of it.

The walled country covers a very huge area and there's even more land all around it, moreover it's all fertile land. There isn't in our current world something of the sort without at least a few big cities in it, and I don't really expect that they'll vanish in the future. Even postapocalyptic shows such a Mirai Shounen Conan or Hokuto no Ken clearly show that remnants of skyscrapers are still there after being hit by atomic bombs.

At any rate this is more of a problem if this is the future planet earth. And I'm more skeptical toward the theory that this is Earth than the theory that this is the future.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 02:15   Link #1508
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I just a saw a video today by the Fine Brothers, the creators of the Kids, Teens, Elders and YouTubers React Series, and turns out, the Fine Brothers are fans of the show. (One of them even wore a Recon Corps T-Shirt.)

And then i read the comments of that video and most of them are the fans asking the Fine Brothers make a Kids/Teens/YouTubers React to Attack on Titan video. I will glee with joy if they do that.
I sure hope they do,though I'm not sure which scene I want them to react to , I was thinking the last scene of episode 1, or maybe the OP (and its parodies) or just the PV....or just everything
Old 2013-09-26, 04:57   Link #1509
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Attack on Titan Creator Aims to End Manga in 20 Volumes

Well that's good to know the author has planned out how the series would end. Good news for the anime as well.
Old 2013-09-26, 06:34   Link #1510
kitten320

So technically we have about 35 chapters to go? Basically 1 season worth anime?

Hmmm, with so many things still left open I wonder if he will be able to tie all the lose ends by then...

I mean we have 49 chapters already and still barely know anything.
Old 2013-09-26, 08:22   Link #1511
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
So technically we have about 35 chapters to go? Basically 1 season worth anime?

Hmmm, with so many things still left open I wonder if he will be able to tie all the lose ends by then...

I mean we have 49 chapters already and still barely know anything.
I think 35 chapters are more than enough, let's just pray that Isayama won't wait until the last 5 before starting to explain things seriously.

Old 2013-09-26, 09:17   Link #1512
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I think 35 chapters are more than enough, let's just pray that Isayama won't wait until the last 5 before starting to explain things seriously.
Oh man, I was trying to forget the horrible memory that is Cage of Eden... that manga had such promise. It was getting to the good juice and BAM! the final few chapters completely butchered it.

So yeah, it's good to know we have a mangaka here who can plan ahead with an ending in mind. No point in dragging the story out *cough* Bleach *cough* or cutting it off abruptly, ruining the whole thing.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 09:49   Link #1513
moncikoma

still looooong...4-5 years maybe until it ends, but its really good news for the anime, even macross F still being animated since 2007-2012 [tv,ova,movie]

with ishiyama skill so far in making this amazing story....

i bet he can! bbut be warned he said he "aimed" so he may missed and make it end like 18 or 22 volume instead
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 10:13   Link #1514
kitten320

Actually it is around 3 years since we get 12 chapters per year. 4 would be maximum if he decides to add a bit more.
Old 2013-09-26, 10:21   Link #1515
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Oh man, I was trying to forget the horrible memory that is Cage of Eden... that manga had such promise. It was getting to the good juice and BAM! the final few chapters completely butchered it.
As far as I know, Cage of Eden was axed, because of low sales or something like that, so there wasn't really much the author could have done. I doubt that Attack on Titan will be axed any time soon... so that danger is not present as it seems, for now.
Old 2013-09-26, 12:05   Link #1516
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post

So yeah, it's good to know we have a mangaka here who can plan ahead with an ending in mind. No point in dragging the story out *cough* Bleach *cough* or cutting it off abruptly, ruining the whole thing.
like Greyzone said, Cage of Eden ended because it wasn't doing well. I wasn't surprised to see it happen because all the shock factors became forced one trick pony half way in the manga to me and that gets old and boring. The pacing was way too slow for even small things to get revealed as well.

SnK reveal things slow, but Isayama does a good job of using lots of different ways to keep the audience engaged in the mean time. If he keeps up what he's done so far there's no way it'll end like Cage.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 13:52   Link #1517
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Still there are examples of projects that were axed and were wrapped up perfectly, like Xenosaga episode III which is absolutely fantastic.

Old 2013-09-26, 17:29   Link #1518
DarkLordOfkichiku

As I said in another thread, I just hope Isayama will be able to wrap it up well, since there still seems to be so much on the "To do"-list of our heroes

Last edited by Solace; 2013-09-26 at 22:07. Reason: Removed spoiler.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 18:06   Link #1519
Subzero00

I've just heard Attack on Titan Creator Aims to End Manga in 20 Volumes. what I want to know is what volumes are covered in season 1 of the show
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 19:09   Link #1520
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
I've just heard Attack on Titan Creator Aims to End Manga in 20 Volumes. what I want to know is what volumes are covered in season 1 of the show
Well the anime goes up to around chapter 34 or so. There's 10 volumes out at the moment I think and the latest chapter is 49. If the author does plan to end it in 20 volumes, we're already halfway there :\

Tags
action, dystopian, fantasy, post-apocalyptic, shounen, terror, tragedy, violence