AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-05, 00:10   Link #721
superD
ぷ い ぷ い !

To-Love-Ru is wilder, but it's shounen
Old 2012-01-05, 00:12   Link #722
superD
ぷ い ぷ い !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
idk, Ai Yori Aoshi was seinen and it's a lot tamer than this series
That one have a very graphic sex scene don't you know?
Old 2012-01-05, 00:15   Link #723
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by superD View Post
That one have a very graphic sex scene don't you know?
only in the last volume and it was still seinen before then. i wouldn't exactly call it a graphic sex scene though
Old 2012-01-05, 00:33   Link #724
superD
ぷ い ぷ い !

I think, seinen titles are targeted at mature audience for their story or topic, like ai yori aoshi - have serious child maltreatment or other things not for general patronage I guess.

Well, let's see what it's going to be officially categorized.
Old 2012-01-05, 00:42   Link #725
superD
ぷ い ぷ い !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
only in the last volume and it was still seinen before then. i wouldn't exactly call it a graphic sex scene though
Because they planned the sex scene beforehand. It spanned half a volume, it's graphic for me because of that.
Old 2012-01-05, 00:49   Link #726
superD
ぷ い ぷ い !

also: Young Animal mag (Ai Yori Aoshi's) contains seinen mangas in it:
Nana to Kaoru
Futari Ecchi
Detroit Metal City
etc

while Dragon magazine (high school dxd's) contains shounen titles:
Chrome Shelled Regios
Omamori Himari
The Legend of the Legendary Heroes
etc
Old 2012-01-05, 01:53   Link #727
EvI

wow thanks n0m@n
okay i really do want ise to beat the crap out of this saji, i hate this kind of arrogant character that pop out of nowhere and start to think high of himself, and he is the opposite of ise that is my favorite kind of male character.
but i also laugh at the part where ise defended asia from saji and they start to make "negative comments" at each other kkkkkkkkkk
Old 2012-01-05, 02:15   Link #728
Naoe Yamato

good confrontation between Ise and Saji, I think that Saji is a little Ise that will stay always at least one level down than the main character.
Thanks for the translation
Old 2012-01-05, 02:37   Link #729
Tom1

Thanks for the translation nom@n...
Really hate that saji guy...hope ise will hit his face really hard so he can't show his cocky face again...
Old 2012-01-05, 02:50   Link #730
n0m@n
C-Z

Then you guys are going to love volume 5. It's the first Rating game between the young top-class devils. The first match is between Rias and her servants (Occult research club) vesus Souna (Student council). Also in the game it's Ise (Pawn) vs Saji (Pawn), or the battle of the ones possessed by dragons.
Old 2012-01-05, 02:59   Link #731
superD
ぷ い ぷ い !

Quote:
“You must have a hard time.”

“You too.”

Buchou and Kaichou both made a sigh while looking at us.
From this conversation, maybe Rias is using perv tactics to control Ise
Old 2012-01-05, 03:07   Link #732
aka113

I'm curious, can someone please tell me what are saji's ability/abilities, and how does he stack up to Isei?
Old 2012-01-05, 03:40   Link #733
kazuya_hitoki
random entity

thanks for the update as always n0m@n, now i cant wait to see ise vs saji ,
btw i am bit curious about that psyco priest that appear on vol 1 will he show up again on later volume?
Old 2012-01-05, 03:54   Link #734
n0m@n
C-Z

@aka113
Saji's Sacred Gear is called "Absorption line". It has a 'section' of the Dragon-king, Vritra resided in it. It has the ability to connect the opponent and the possesor and absorb their powers. He can also connect the opponent to another thing to transfer their power to that thing.

I said above that it has the section of the dragon Vritra in it. Vritra's spirit was split into five and was put in five different Sacred Gears. So besides Saji's Sacred Gear four other Sacred Gear exists that has the section of Vrtra in it. In later volumes Azazel collects the other four and combine it with Saji allowing Saji to get an upgraded Sacred Gear. Then the Vritra gains its conscious just like Ddraig.

@kazuya_hitoki
Yup. He's going to appear in this volume, more like in this chapter.
Old 2012-01-05, 05:18   Link #735
Tom1

What the heck with that ability,don't tell me that all sacreg gears that have dragon in them have a ability to increase or decrease someone power...
Old 2012-01-05, 06:25   Link #736
Valky
Radioactive

@n0m@n
If it was separated into 5, does that means Saji will have 5 type of powers when the Sacred Gear assembled or the "Absorption line" will get 5 times stronger?

@Tom1
No, they're not. n0m@n already explained about Sacred Gear in the previous pages.
Old 2012-01-05, 06:44   Link #737
n0m@n
C-Z

@Valky
Well that's what it would mean. Also by the name of the other 4 Sacred Gear it has different ability. I think the other 4 names were, "Blaze Black Flare", "Delete Field", "Shadow Prison", and "Wave of Black dragon". But it hasn't shown all of it's powers yet so it's hard to tell. After Saji got his Sacred Gear upgraded or in other words completed, he attained a new ability called "Vritra promotion". It let's him take a form of a dragon, possibly Vritra, and it can use black fire which restrains the opponents move. So that's the combined ability of the 5 sacred Gears. Also Saji requires Ise's support use this new ability or else he can't control himself.

The ultimate Sacred Gear, longinus, is the Sacred Gear with a bug which has more than one ability. So far there are 13 known Longinus. In the novel it says that it's possible for more longinus to appear.

Maybe Saji's new Sacred Gear will be longinus is well since it clearly has more than one ability. Unless they count "Vritra promotion" is one ability. Unfortunately Saji yet to master his Sacred Gear so he can't use Balance-Breaker yet. Also Sacred Gear that has dragon or powerful beast resided in it can use "Jaggernaut Drive" so maybe he can is well? Saji's growth is still unclear but he seems to have lots of opportunities if I think about it......
Old 2012-01-05, 07:18   Link #738
Bear Killer
Useless Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by superD View Post
From this conversation, maybe Rias is using perv tactics to control Ise
More like Rias is having an "I know that feel, bro" moment as far as headstrong reckless Pawns go. Though that is likely one of the things she admires about Ise.
Old 2012-01-05, 07:28   Link #739
Valky
Radioactive

@n0m@n
Well, if he has 5 different powers, he's certainly a formidable character. Luckily you can only use one ability at a time. Although, it's a shame that he hasn't reach Balance-Breaker yet. But yeah, Saji does have many room to improve himself, depending on his gears power he could be an all-rounder type.

Btw, how about Ise's longinus? still only has 2 abilities?
Old 2012-01-05, 07:56   Link #740
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Question about future Ise and Kiba:
Spoiler for the question:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, devil, ecchi, fetish, harem, nudity, oppai, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural