AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2008-06-20, 13:56   Link #261
NeoSam

I have a hunch that the Kiss x Sis anime thread will be getting the "incest" tag sooner or later and another hunch that there will be fighting in the thread on whether its really incest or not (since they are not blood related).

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Plus, there will be no need because once we set up the tag team new tags will only be able to be created by members of the tag team.
Ahh, great
Old 2008-06-20, 16:28   Link #262
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Can we begin the fighting here?

Although incest is by my definition an appropriate tag, but it might reveal spoilers. That's why I'm against it. Of course, it depends on the series being used.

1) A series where incest is pretty much hinted from episodes 1-3
2) A series where one resolution involves an incestuous relationship that does not start out that way in the beginning.

For scenario number two, then no, it wouldn't be appropriate. However, for scenario number one, we also have some interesting debates.

1) The incest tag could discourage people from actually watch the series.
2) Most people who want to watch it would like to know if the series has incest.

One argument would be that the incest tag is unattractive, similar to the lolicon argument in Kurenai. However, if we don't want to be technical about this, then it would be nothing less than "tricking" people to watch the series since we a not providing the right background. Would you rather have some people put off by the tag or many people see "romance drama" and watch it, expecting it to be just a regular romance series? I do not like the latter, so I support putting the incest tag on series that includes scenario number one, such as Koi Kaze.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-06-20 at 19:17.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 00:46   Link #263
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
One argument would be that the incest tag is unattractive, similar to the lolicon argument in Kurenai.
Spoiler for Kurenai:

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.

Last edited by WanderingKnight; 2008-06-21 at 03:10. Reason: dear god, who the hell taught me to write in English
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 01:34   Link #264
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Well, whatever it is, I wished it gets implemented soon.. pretty pissed off with someone mocking my plea over tagging in the bleach manga thread >.>

Now peoples will think I'm the one that add the no more useless tags there >.>
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 02:54   Link #265
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
KiNA is mad, so something must be done!

Spoiler for Kurenai:
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 04:28   Link #266
NeoSam

And someone already tagged the Kiss x Sis manga thread with "incest" >.> (I'm guessing that someone might have done this on purpose after reading what I wrote in this thread ).

I mentioned "incest" in the opening post of the "Kiss x Sis" manga thread to attract perverted people but its not incestual manga actually, they are not blood related after all >.<
Old 2008-06-21, 14:49   Link #267
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Well, whatever it is, I wished it gets implemented soon.. pretty pissed off with someone mocking my plea over tagging in the bleach manga thread >.>

Now peoples will think I'm the one that add the no more useless tags there >.>
I pretty much know what Kina is talking about and yes I have to agree . Its quite immature and irritating seeing tags bieng spammed . It funny at first but I have seen threads with 10 tags most of which are nonsensical .Tag spamming is bieng used as a VS tool in some threads . Its quite degrading to the forum.

Edg : http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26391
Old 2008-07-21, 16:31   Link #268
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
noob question, how do you report the useless tags? or where?
reason why, the Code Geass spoiler thread is filled the "marry me Var" tags and many others that have nothing to do with CG -_-;
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 17:07   Link #269
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
noob question, how do you report the useless tags? or where?
reason why, the Code Geass spoiler thread is filled the "marry me Var" tags and many others that have nothing to do with CG -_-;
Use the first post of a thread, that would be the best option. It doesn't matter who made the post (even if it's a Mod) but helps identify the thread quickly for us.

When I have time I will be deleting a lot of the drek that have been added to the tag list. It's something that almost needs a daily clean out. I've noticed the ones you mentioned and will most likely be issuing Warnings and Infractions soon.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 19:06   Link #270
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
I mentioned "incest" in the opening post of the "Kiss x Sis" manga thread to attract perverted people but its not incestual manga actually, they are not blood related after all >.<
Well, the manga's name is "Kiss x Sis." You can't make your intentions much more obvious than that. Plus, it's one of those manga in the "almost-hentai" (why wasn't it again?) genre.

"Not blood-related" is a technicality at most in this case IMO, and an excuse at worst. Though I'm not sure what's to be excused for myself.

...no, I'm not the guy who added the tag, just FYI.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 22:41   Link #271
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
When I have time I will be deleting a lot of the drek that have been added to the tag list. It's something that almost needs a daily clean out. I've noticed the ones you mentioned and will most likely be issuing Warnings and Infractions soon.
Thank you, as one that really pissed at stupid tag added to the thread.. I really hope warnings and infractions will stop those jerks from adding useless tag everywhere.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feedback, forum upgrade, tags