AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 34 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 27.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 27.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-25, 14:37   Link #141
magnuskn

Wait a second... is there a pin-up of Ranka on the left side of the König Monster?
Old 2008-07-25, 15:00   Link #142
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post

The last one HAS something to do with Ranka and that was the last straw. It hit home. They all piled up. Brera saved Ranka for him, twice actually, he could atleast spare him a little slack. He didn't have to attack him, call him an "eyesore" and be all childish. The fact that this guy kept hindering him with what he wants to do is what's ticking him off. It's subtle, but you don't have to think of an excuse to say that Ranka has nothing to do with how Alto reacts towards Brera. Even the BreraxAlto clash near the end made this issue a little clearer if it wasn't clear enough.
Why does everything Alto do has to revolve around Sheryl or Ranka. Simply put, Alto just wants to live with no chains. (It's probably one of the reasons which attracted both girls to him.) Everything he did up to now was for that reason. So I can safely say that when Brera kept on getting in his way, it irritated him to no end. (Being unable to do the things Alto wants left him in a state of frustration) The last straw was the disruption of his daily life (even though technically it was Ranka's fault).

Anyway, Brera's a horrible bodyguard. When protecting a person in public, the first order of business is to blend in, (Think Sousuke from FMP, though he sucks at it) not hang a sign over your head and say "I'm guarding a VIP". If someone had really wanted to kill Ranka at school, they would incorporate the Brera element and move accordingly. (Like instead of long range sniping, they would have cyborg assassins go in for CQC) If he had tried to blend in, the assassins probably wouldn't know.
Old 2008-07-25, 15:16   Link #143
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Actually his expression could be a number of things...one particular scenario is that he came back to his bunk to chill and to find Alto and Sheryl there wasn't his idea of self relaxation
Well, come to think of it, you're right. It's not like there's a thought bubble on top of Michael to confirm people's interpretations. This was just how I saw things considering he's not really a big AltoxSheryl fan, I guess. I think if Ranka was the one inside Alto's dorm, he'll have a more positive reaction.
Old 2008-07-25, 15:18   Link #144
Key Board
Carbon

Luca said Alto was over-reacting out of jealousy
or was that Nanase?

man, all you filler characters never leave a lasting impression XD

but no, Mikhail obviously wasn't all frowny because he was shipping for Alto Ranka
besides, we men only engage in ship wars about fictional characters.. or sport teams
Old 2008-07-25, 15:26   Link #145
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I don't know why people would put Mikhail on the Alto x Ranka camp, or that he was actively advocating the pair. I see it very differently. For one, he doesn't even like to deal with Ranka, episode 4 gave us plenty of evidence that he hates kids.

Certainly, he did ask Alto to 'consider' Ranka's feelings, but I take it as a friendly advice, nothing more. After all, he had been probing Alto about his relationship with Sheryl as well. If he is pushing anything, he is pushing Alto to make up his friggin' mind, or learn the true meaning of Hell has no Wrath like a Woman Scorned.

Quote:
Which reminds me of back in college, I had walked in on my roommate riding some guy and that wasn't exactly a pleasant thing to come home to (dorm rooms just suck sometimes LOL)....needless to say they got hitched years later I pretty much said something quite similar to what Michel had told them and left.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Yeah, that reminds me. Walking on them is one thing, but a one time only deal is way better than what I had to deal with.

I used to hear it all night next door. The thing is, both the guy and girl involved were not particularly attractive, which adds to my misery. Moreover they just had to commence the act like around 1 ~ 2am in the morning while I am asleep. I don't know how many times I've been throwing my shoes against the wall as a hint for them to STFU.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-25, 15:42   Link #146
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I don't know why people would put Mikhail on the Alto x Ranka camp, or that he was actively advocating the pair. I see it very differently. For one, he doesn't even like to deal with Ranka, episode 4 gave us plenty of evidence that he hates kids.
There are reasons why people will put Michael as a Ranka supporter other than a Sheryl one, y'know. He supports "ranka-chan", he's aware Ranka likes Alto, he teases Alto about his date with Ranka, he pushes Ranka to Alto, he confronted Alto about Ranka when he had a date with Sheryl....the list just goes on. It's all over in episodes 10, 4, 5, 6, 8, 12. This isn't really unfounded assertion. If people saw Michael's displease as a sign that he's pleased with AltoxSheryl, then that's that. However, if people saw the opposite, then obviously they have their own existent reasons as well.

@keyboard- I think Luca said that Alto's just having a "blue day". Does that mean like having the blues? It sounded English to me.
Old 2008-07-25, 15:48   Link #147
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

Certainly, he did ask Alto to 'consider' Ranka's feelings, but I take it as a friendly advice, nothing more. After all, he had been probing Alto about his relationship with Sheryl as well. If he is pushing anything, he is pushing Alto to make up his friggin' mind, or learn the true meaning of Hell has no Wrath like a Woman Scorned.
Agreed...on all accounts especially the last one.

Quote:
Yeah, that reminds me. Walking on them is one thing, but a one time only deal is way better than what I had to deal with.

I used to hear it all night next door. The thing is, both the guy and girl involved were not particularly attractive, which adds to my misery. Moreover they just had to commence the act like around 1 ~ 2am in the morning while I am asleep. I don't know how many times I've been throwing my shoes against the wall as a hint for them to STFU.

- Tak
Ugh...

Geez....I would be going postal if I was in your shoes.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-25, 16:18   Link #148
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
There are reasons why people will put Michael as a Ranka supporter other than a Sheryl one, y'know. He supports "ranka-chan", he's aware Ranka likes Alto, he teases Alto about his date with Ranka, he pushes Ranka to Alto, he confronted Alto about Ranka when he had a date with Sheryl....the list just goes on. It's all over in episodes 10, 4, 5, 6, 8, 12. This isn't really unfounded assertion. If people saw Michael's displease as a sign that he's pleased with AltoxSheryl, then that's that. However, if people saw the opposite, then obviously they have their own existent reasons as well.
I can definitely understand what you are saying, but at the same time, Mikhail's feelings toward the entire situation had never been short of ambivalence. On one hand, yeah, sure, he pushes Ranka to Alto, yet on the other, he is commenting on how lucky Alto is for being hooked up with Sheryl and wonders about that part of the progress. Certainly, he doesn't need to push Sheryl around because well, Sheryl doesn't allow anyone to push her around, maybe except for Alto.

All I see here is a senpai with a liking for teasing his kohai (Alto), a tendency he never bothered to hide.

On the other hand, I guess he had enough. By episode 13, he pretty much gave me an attitude of aw... fuck it.

Quote:
Ugh...

Geez....I would be going postal if I was in your shoes.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
We later reached a compromise. Instead of making annoying noises, he resolved the situation by turning King of Fighters really loud, while I bought myself a noise-killer earphone.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-25, 16:25   Link #149
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Back to the dorm conversation, there's always the fun dorm situation of having a live in gf or bf... it's even more amusing when they don't even go to the same school...

I'm sure Michael would appreciate a live in Sheryl
Old 2008-07-25, 16:39   Link #150
Prov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Back to the dorm conversation, there's always the fun dorm situation of having a live in gf or bf... it's even more amusing when they don't even go to the same school...

I'm sure Michael would appreciate a live in Sheryl
interesting, then the lub triangle would be Sheryl and Michael and Alto. Or Sheryl and Alto and Ranka(but ranka likes Sheryl.)
Old 2008-07-25, 17:35   Link #151
Westlo
Lets be reality

Thinking about it.. if this has a lo of flashback in it.. wouldn't goodbye sister be in reference to Brera and Ranka's parting?

Quote:
lol Shipping makes people think strange thoughts.
Would you like to explain about the Valkryies, paper plane, alto kiss and earring scenes in the ending than since I'm looking at this through shipping goggles This is coming from the same person who thought a certain someone in True Tears would win because she was shown first in the ED right

Quote:
The last one HAS something to do with Ranka and that was the last straw. It hit home. They all piled up. Brera saved Ranka for him, twice actually, he could atleast spare him a little slack. He didn't have to attack him, call him an "eyesore" and be all childish. The fact that this guy kept hindering him with what he wants to do is what's ticking him off. It's subtle, but you don't have to think of an excuse to say that Ranka has nothing to do with how Alto reacts towards Brera. Even the BreraxAlto clash near the end made this issue a little clearer if it wasn't clear enough.
herbert said it already.

Quote:
Plus, how did Michael look pleased at the sight of Sheryl inside Alto's dorm?
This is the same guy who set him up with his birthday present Ranka.
I get the feeling you won't be giving Michael a vote in the final character poll for Macross since he's not the AltoxRanka shipper you think he is.

Quote:
His expression wasn't " Lovebirds are at it again. *sigh* Enjoy yourselves." his expression was like this ---> "....whatever. *sigh* Enjoy yourselves." There wasn't even a hint of a lecherous smile on his face. You'd think he'll more likely react this way but he didn't, especially when he entered the room.
The next 3 points are facts not opinions.

Michael is in the same class as Sheryl and Alto
Michael is in the same piloting course as Sheryl and Alto
Sheryl and Alto constantly bicker and act like they did when he walked in

Yes it was a "not again" reaction, you have to remember that weeks past during the passing of some episodes, for instance there should've been quite a gap from the filming to the release of the Zero movie in 10.

Quote:
How is this twisting it? lol Michael wasn't pleased, but he also wouldn't be too Nanase to tell Alto that he shouldn't be with Sheryl which explains his whatever-ish reaction. He wouldn't pry that far. It's like that.
You're twisting it believe me
Old 2008-07-25, 19:49   Link #152
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
You act surprised Westlo. Please tell me you're not. I expect ani_d to twist Michael's expression and comments to fit her agenda.
Old 2008-07-25, 19:58   Link #153
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Wow I thought she was just gonna slap alto there not kick his ass...True love indeed...

ED was a nice touch though...After being smothered with AltoxRanka for so long nice to see signs of a Sheryl counterattack.

*edit*

Oh yea almost forgot but like magnuskn said what the hell is up with the Ranka bomber girl art on the front of the monster?
O.o

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2008-07-25, 20:25   Link #154
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post

Oh yea almost forgot but like magnuskn said what the hell is up with the Ranka bomber girl art on the front of the monster?
O.o
[quote name=Shun@MW]
Check out that "Call up Monster Girl" nose art...

now u see it

now u dont

now u see it

now u dont

nose art disappears when power consumption goes up, or when Monster powers down. the wonders of technology...

:P
[/quote]

Apparently the nose paint disappears. As someone I wouldn't want to be the one to explain to Ozma this blatantly obcene image. Ah yes the unseen support staff of Quarter.

As hobbes221 said:

It turns on and off based on where a certain VF-25S is at any given time. (I wouldn't want to be the guy to explain to Ozma that it was me who 'painted' that nose art of Ranka!) Ok now I've got the idea in my head of two guy standing on the deck of the Quarter, one with a pair of binoculars and the other with a remote going
"Off."
"He's clear, quick back on."
"OFF OFF OFF, aww we're dead."
Old 2008-07-25, 20:57   Link #155
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Oh yea almost forgot but like magnuskn said what the hell is up with the Ranka bomber girl art on the front of the monster? [/FONT] O.o

Yeah, it's a bikini Ranka bomber girl drawing. The green dog hair and the flat chest are a dead give away. But why even put her in a bikini when there is nothing to see?
Old 2008-07-25, 21:05   Link #156
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

yak deculture!!!
Old 2008-07-25, 21:26   Link #157
ReddyRedWolf

Question is that a Hermes tea cup? (Densha Otoko reference)

Wonder what book is all about.
Old 2008-07-25, 21:36   Link #158
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Question is that a Hermes tea cup? (Densha Otoko reference)

Wonder what book is all about.
Nice Densha Otoko reference. I loved that show.
Old 2008-07-25, 22:18   Link #159
Teletha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d
How is this twisting it? lol Michael wasn't pleased, but he also wouldn't be too Nanase to tell Alto that he shouldn't be with Sheryl which explains his whatever-ish reaction. He wouldn't pry that far. It's like that.
What a tweeeest. He was exasperated they were arguing again and being annoying and loud, but not that they were together. I don't think he gives a crap they were together or who Alto dates long as he isn't hurting either girl by ignoring their feelings and stringing them both along. Him telling Alto to consider Ranka's feelings has less to do with him being shipper and more to tell Alto to stop being a jackass and hurting a girl who obviously cares for you. But otherwise, I don't think he cares either way. He likes both of them. Michael is not a shipper of Alto x Ranka, he is a Ranka and Sheryl supporter. Both of them. Even if you fail to see it. That's seriously all there is to it. Don't drag him into your shipper war.
Old 2008-07-25, 22:20   Link #160
Westlo
Lets be reality

To make this epic lulz complete all we need is someone to sign up as Michael.. lolz..
Closed Thread