AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 63 42.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 29.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 6.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.36%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.36%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 5.44%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-11, 17:54   Link #41
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Exactally...you've gotta hand it to this series for some of the most emotional ends ever (again its down to the music )...even during scenes with Hinako (supporting character role), I find myself feeling over the moon (who can't forget about that "peck" on the cheek ^^).
Spoiler:
Haven't seen it yet but
Spoiler for Reply:

Last edited by Saleh; 2007-12-11 at 18:04.
Old 2007-12-11, 17:55   Link #42
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
WOOOOO! Just Checked Random Curiosity... my prediction earlier on re the Ferris Wheel scene turned out right

Spoiler for The Confession:

Last edited by Itadakimasu!; 2007-12-11 at 18:07. Reason: More Detail...
Old 2007-12-11, 18:01   Link #43
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Episode 11: That was expected. (Prepares shield to block eggs thrown at him)

I think there's nothing special in this episode, so I'll just follow the discussion for now.

Moving on to the preview: it seems even sunsets can trigger Nanako's panic..... How will Sana save her?
Old 2007-12-11, 18:13   Link #44
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Well:

Spoiler for ep11 and game profiles:
Don't know about the rest of you, but that sounds entertaining.
Old 2007-12-11, 18:15   Link #45
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for game theory:
Old 2007-12-11, 18:38   Link #46
Zanshun

The Asami part was pretty shocking and it wrapped up all of the loose ends like the crazy grandma, the twins home life, the letter and chalkboard, what Shuu yelled at Sana thats been bugging us since episode 1, while also with the cutting knife scene bringing Sana back to the forefront. It was quite convenient to a point that some might see it as a "cop out" or a move towards a rushed ending, I'll go with a glasses half full outlook and assume this was the original intention and in that way it was very nicely executed based on the surprise it created and the conclusions it helped bring about.

Now if Hinako will just stay away this removes all the other side characters and side stories from the show. With only 2 episodes remaining, its gonna be all about Sana and Nanaka. They are going to spend the appropriate focus on solely them as the end of the series as it should be and I won't be satisfied with anything less then both resolving each others paths together and ending up together (be a man and kiss her Sana!!).

Asami liking Shuri isn't that amazing actually if you think about it. Up till lately where Shuu and Sana finally manned up, when we were first being introduced to the characters Shuri probably deserved the title of "Strongest Male Lead in the Show" because in the beginning there were no other candidates....
Old 2007-12-11, 19:50   Link #47
Flame-X
Anti-fan

just saw the ep... im at awe o.o...........
Old 2007-12-11, 20:16   Link #48
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Exactally...you've gotta hand it to this series for some of the most emotional ends ever (again its down to the music )...even during scenes with Hinako (supporting character role), I find myself feeling over the moon (who can't forget about that "peck" on the cheek ^^).
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-11, 22:09   Link #49
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

~~~..., finally watched it...

Spoiler for ep11 thoughts:

EDIT: Sou, sou... Adding on to what I said...

Quote:
Yeah, but the ones that came true were the ones I never really believed in or meant.
Spoiler for ep11:

2 episodes left... I can't believe I'd say this, but I'm glad.

Just in case, I somewhat hope there will be a "0 - Give me my wasted passion back" option in the final thoughts thread later. Well, depends on how this series wants to go in the last two episodes...

Geez, I'm SO lucky I never requested Asami avatars... 'cause I actually was when the series was over... I regret even thinking about such things now...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2007-12-11 at 22:26.
Old 2007-12-11, 23:04   Link #50
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Judging by the summary on Omni's blog, episode 11 seems pretty good. It managed to a) wrap up the twins involvement and Asami's as well. Guess all that's left is Sana and Nanaka in the remaining 1-2 episodes.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2007-12-11, 23:59   Link #51
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

the whole Asami dialogue was wayyyyy too long.
Old 2007-12-12, 00:02   Link #52
dojikyo

Depends on what you consider a good plot twist. Is a good plot twist just something you pull out of thin air that no one expects or is a good plot twist one where you lay out some pieces in plain sight, but (almost) no one sees the final picture until you reveal it?

The plot twist in this is the former. The plot twist in the Sixth Sense, Identity, or even Code Geass and Canvas 2 are the latter.

edit: Lastly, my standards are pretty low for these types of anime, (2 and 1/4 Navel adaptations will do that) but this series started off so well. Now Asami has been confirmed to be a totally malleable plot device. From object of jealousy in the Sana and Nanaka storyline to
Spoiler:
in the twins storyline. Now they just need to reveal that the arsonist was someone close to Nanaka and the uncle was covering to avoid hurting her. They could use Aoi starting a kitchen fire, since they haven't done anything with her yet.
Old 2007-12-12, 00:39   Link #53
Kakosan

I really don't quite understand the anger that this episode raised. It seemed a good episode to me. This is not something "out of the blue", there are some hints if you look back some scenes. Obviously not to the point of screaming "she is a lesbian" but still it's clear that this plot was considered from the beggining.

And to be honest this kind of thing is, at least for me, credible. Once my girlfriend and I were the object of an attack from a classmate who was nuts. He hated to watch happy couples because of something that happened to him in the past. Afterwards we found that we were not the first couple that had problems with him. The guy was studying engineering and seemed to be normal in everyday life. You never know what people are really going through, what they may be thinking, and how they can react to small details.
Old 2007-12-12, 00:44   Link #54
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakosan View Post
I really don't quite understand the anger that this episode raised. It seemed a good episode to me. This is not something "out of the blue", there are some hints if you look back some scenes. Obviously not to the point of screaming "she is a lesbian" but still it's clear that this plot was considered from the beggining.
Hoh~~, please lay out for me just what foreshadowed
Spoiler for ep11:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-12, 01:10   Link #55
Chewy

Well, the whole carnival ride scene with Asami and a crying Shuuri was a foreshadowing, but we just didn't understand it at that time. The ride on the bus was another, and even though I mentioned that one in ep 10, I'll admit that one was too small to be taken seriously. But now when we look back at those scenes, they all fit with what was revealed in this episode. I can understand how the twist may be too sudden for some people, but to me, a good twist is one you don't see coming at all, but when you look back you realize yes it works. I guess I'm tired of obvious foreshadowings like Nanaka's fire breakdown in episode 5 or the whole Kaji thing. We all saw those a mile away, and when it happened it just felt like "Ah, I see.... ok what's next."

And if the lesbian thing is what's bothering people, they could have easily switched it so Asami was going after Shuusuke instead. It would have worked just as well.
Old 2007-12-12, 01:44   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Well, the whole carnival ride scene with Asami and a crying Shuuri was a foreshadowing, but we just didn't understand it at that time. The ride on the bus was another, and even though I mentioned that one in ep 10, I'll admit that one was too small to be taken seriously. But now when we look back at those scenes, they all fit with what was revealed in this episode. I can understand how the twist may be too sudden for some people, but to me, a good twist is one you don't see coming at all, but when you look back you realize yes it works. I guess I'm tired of obvious foreshadowings like Nanaka's fire breakdown in episode 5 or the whole Kaji thing. We all saw those a mile away, and when it happened it just felt like "Ah, I see.... ok what's next."

And if the lesbian thing is what's bothering people, they could have easily switched it so Asami was going after Shuusuke instead. It would have worked just as well.
Well, it's obvious that those scenes foreshadowed something. But I don't see why those scenes actually fit together to get what we learned this episode. Unless someone actually went
Spoiler for ep11:
. If someone actually figured all of that out before watching the episode, good for them. There was no way anyone could guess (seriously) that Asami
Spoiler for ep11:

A good twist is one that works, but comes from something that actually developed instead of popping up a few episodes to the end.
Spoiler for ep11:

Of course, in what you said, anything works as long as the genre doesn't change. Example using:
Spoiler for School Days:

I'd also use Code Geass, but I never understood what about it was unbelievable...
But wait! That's just like now where other people believe it's fine but now I think it's crazy! How Karma and everything in this world goes... -_-

Yeah, well they can't take back what they aired. So even if it would be fine if they changed it, it isn't fine because they can't.

Old 2007-12-12, 01:44   Link #57
shawnydee

aw man i thought this episode was gonna reveal sana's secret...and i just noticed something, sana and nanaka have the same eye color, lol wat if they're siblings.
Old 2007-12-12, 01:46   Link #58
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnydee View Post
aw man i thought this episode was gonna reveal sana's secret...and i just noticed something, sana and nanaka have the same eye color, lol wat if they're siblings.

I think no person sane would actually go for that story.
Old 2007-12-12, 01:54   Link #59
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post

I think no person sane would actually go for that story.
Oh, no. No, no. You never know. They went down one path. Time for the next.

Homosexual one day, incest the next.

I'm sure there will be at least one person that could make an excuse for this.

Old 2007-12-12, 01:57   Link #60
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Oh, no. No, no. You never know. They went down one path. Time for the next.

Homosexual one day, incest the next.

I'm sure there will be at least one person that could make an excuse for this.
I'm just trying to figure out how Nanko would have been Sana's sibling if we take out the possibility that Nanako's mother was playing around with Sana's father.

As for the Les thing: I expected it. Not much of a suprise, actually. (although the timing was VERY bad.)
Closed Thread