AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-06, 12:32   Link #1381
com_gwp

So I finished Shizuru's route, got a quick question about it

Spoiler for Shizu's route:
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 14:16   Link #1382
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
So I finished Shizuru's route, got a quick question about it

Spoiler for Shizu's route:
Yeah, that's her.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 14:43   Link #1383
Kirayuki

After reading some of Chihaya's route in HF, I have to say they should make an extra route of Chihaya for console port. It should be a route that focus more on Chihaya instead of Sakuya. Hell, they can make it into something like how Ryou & Kyou share route in Clannad (good end with Sakuya, the bad end with Chihaya) and I will still throw out my money for that .
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 15:04   Link #1384
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Why not just make separate Chihaya and Sakuya routes, both with good endings? It's not like the original Chihaya route doesn't need, uh, fixing.
Old 2013-02-07, 15:15   Link #1385
Kirayuki

I doubt Tonokawa would bother doing that though The route itself is pretty fine I guess for delving more into the nature of Kotarou's power and what it can become. The problem is how the characters used in that route felt like a plot device, heck even the main heroine of that route itself is one of them.

That being said, despite wanting some kind of proper route for Chihaya I pretty much doubt they would ever bother adding anything for console port. Maybe packing the original and Harvest Festa as a single game ?
Old 2013-02-07, 15:27   Link #1386
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
That being said, despite wanting some kind of proper route for Chihaya I pretty much doubt they would ever bother adding anything for console port. Maybe packing the original and Harvest Festa as a single game ?
That's the most I can see them doing, yeah. Rewrite needs a hell of a lot more than that, but effort.
Old 2013-02-07, 15:31   Link #1387
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
That's the most I can see them doing, yeah. Rewrite needs a hell of a lot more than that, but effort.
I believe this is more about how they consider Rewrite as testbed for a new direction. Key is always about nakige after all (though I'd argue that this one still have enough moment for that).
Old 2013-02-07, 17:14   Link #1388
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I believe this is more about how they consider Rewrite as testbed for a new direction.
I think that's a bit of of a ridiculous consideration. All they really proved is that such a direction is beyond them... they really should have hired outside talent who are more experienced with action VNs.
Old 2013-02-07, 18:15   Link #1389
Kirayuki

Quote:
I think that's a bit of of a ridiculous consideration. All they really proved is that such a direction is beyond them... they really should have hired outside talent who are more experienced with action VNs.
I think this is more of the problem with how multiple routes doesn't really complement each other nicely (while Lucia's route is nice on its own, it felt so out of place ). Probably, if the game pick out the only good and necessary parts from each route and combine them into a single true route I believe the game might turn out a lot better.
Old 2013-02-07, 22:08   Link #1390
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Probably, if the game pick out the only good and necessary parts from each route and combine them into a single true route I believe the game might turn out a lot better.
Why not just leave that to an anime adaptation?
Old 2013-02-08, 03:59   Link #1391
Kirayuki

Quote:
Why not just leave that to an anime adaptation?
After what VA and Key did with LB, I doubt we can get something decent like Clannad again
Old 2013-02-08, 04:05   Link #1392
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
After what VA and Key did with LB, I doubt we can get something decent like Clannad again
Well, LB's anime was clearly designed to be a quick cashgrab but it's "underperforming" by their standards, probably because of how bad it is.
Rewrite isn't as ridiculously popular as LB is, either, so not even LB's 12k average is guaranteed... maybe Visual Arts will try to ensure that it gets the proper attention it deserves in order to boost sales?
I guess that's just wishful thinking though.
Old 2013-02-10, 16:12   Link #1393
Kirayuki

Finished with Chihaya's route in HF
Spoiler for Chihaya HF:

After finishing this, I believe that the Theory of Life is really the real deal. Meaning...
Spoiler for All routes in Rewrite:
Old 2013-02-10, 19:41   Link #1394
galdr

Spoiler for Sakuya:

As for Rewrite anime, I think the best way to do it:
1st season(2 cour): 8-10 episodes of common route + rest of episodes for
Kotori/Chihaya mix with bits of Shizuru and Lucia.
Spoiler for :

Akane will be difficult to mix with other routes so I'd say just animate it as separate AU OVA. (like Tomoyo/Kyou routes in Clannad anime)

2nd season(1 cour): Moon + Terra
Expand Terra with greater roles for Chihaya,Shizuru and Lucia+more romance with Kagari.( This is just wishful thinking though)
galdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 20:40   Link #1395
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
After finishing this, I believe that the Theory of Life is really the real deal. Meaning...
Well it was also mentioned that it's possible to have layers of parallel world (not the exact term) in one planet if the life energy is too abundant in the friends section

Looks like HF has more in-depth explanation for the games. I hope it'll be translated in the future

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 20:54   Link #1396
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Alright so far I've only finished Kotori and Shizuru's routes...mainly because Shizuru quickly became one of my top Key heroines and I had to play through Kotori's route to get to her (which was fine since I was going to play Kotori's next anyway). So I'm kinda worried about spoiling myself by coming here...but I need to vent...

Spoiler for Kotori and Shizuku Routes:

I'll be honest...for the first time I wonder if I really want to continue playing a Key VN...never before have I finished a heroine route in a Key VN and thought "This is BS, I'm done."
I can't really take more endings like the Shizuku Ending...I was going for Lucia next but I dunno if it's worth it after that last one.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 21:21   Link #1397
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I think Shizuku's the only one who has ending like 'that', so don't worry

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 21:24   Link #1398
DanielMors
Second Stake of Sloth

And that's the reason I recommend playing Chihaya's route before Shizuru's. That route gives some important information to understand Shizuru's ending.

Regarding the other endings:
Spoiler for endings in general:
DanielMors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 22:04   Link #1399
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielMors View Post
And that's the reason I recommend playing Chihaya's route before Shizuru's. That route gives some important information to understand Shizuru's ending.

Regarding the other endings:
Spoiler for endings in general:
Spoiler for Response:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 22:20   Link #1400
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Spoiler for Response:
Terra is a good ending, and other routes is meaningless when read Moon. You will understand why.

In Little Busters, Kurugaya ending is bittersweet.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel