AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-05-25, 17:42   Link #1
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Slice of Life/Brother Sister

Can someone recommend a slice of life/brother sister type manga? They don't have to be real brother and sister, the two just need to have a sibling like relationship. I'm ok either way with or without romance as long as the story is good.

similar titles
Yosuga no Sora
Hozuki-san Chi no Aneki
onii-chan dakedo ai sae areba kankeinai yo ne

Hmm i tried to remember one without a romance aspect but it's hard

Mabey some comedy such as this from Yumekuri:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

All in all I just wanna read some funny family type mangas with a brother and sister that do cute things together. It is probably a plus if they are each others most important person. thanks for any suggestions
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 22:42   Link #2
mit7059

You might want to look at Usagi Drop, it's a little more like father/daughter but I think you'll enjoy it.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 23:24   Link #3
Divini
Senpai!

You'll probably love Chocotto Sister, most likely what you're looking for. Boy wishes for a sister and is granted his wish, with the story about the two living together as siblings happily.

Other good ones:
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai - the oldest sister sees the MC who is their guardian as her onii-chan. Really heartwarming story.
Canvas 2 - Nijiiro no Sketch - non-blood related w/ romance. great character development.
Boku to Kanojo no Renai Mokuroku - the little sister is one of the main heroines. The story is one of the more... unique ones I've read.
Onii-chan Control - Little sister is an extreme brocon. On the yandere level. And that's what makes it hilarious.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 23:37   Link #4
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Thank you for the sudgestions i'll check them out right away
Old 2013-05-25, 23:55   Link #5
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Soredemo Machi Wa Mawatteiru is the only one I can think of that is actually Slice of Life and has a normal brother sister relationship.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 20:59   Link #6
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Soredemo Machi Wa Mawatteiru is the only one I can think of that is actually Slice of Life and has a normal brother sister relationship.
Thank you I'll try this one out.

Usagi drops and the ones sudgested by Divini where very good
Old 2013-05-27, 21:40   Link #7
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Now this I gotta see. Thanks!
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 22:54   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Showa Monogatari is a slice-of-life story about a lower-middle-class Tokyo family in 1964, the year the Olympics came to Japan. There is a teen-aged sister and two brothers, the younger of which is the main character and narrator. The older, college-aged brother has a small role.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 16:20   Link #9
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

I wouldn't say it's primarily 'slice of life', but you may want to give Kurenai a go.

It follows a mediator type who becomes the bodyguard/guardian of a 7 year old girl who has been kidnapped/rescued from her extremely wealthy and pretty dubious family.

The young girl and older boy aren't related, but they form a close bond over the course of the series.
Diodati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 00:41   Link #10
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Onii-chan no long title

Recorder to Randoseru Do

I haven't watched both of these
but I've seen the synopsis when searching for what anime to watch during the season it aired. It probably fits your description

Aki-Sora
^WARNING: this is extremely ecchi... to the point that it's practically hentai
watch the OVA. if you liked it, Go read the manga to finish it (It's already done)

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 18:25   Link #11
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Onii-chan no long title

Recorder to Randoseru Do

I haven't watched both of these
but I've seen the synopsis when searching for what anime to watch during the season it aired. It probably fits your description

Aki-Sora
^WARNING: this is extremely ecchi... to the point that it's practically hentai
watch the OVA. if you liked it, Go read the manga to finish it (It's already done)
Thank you those where very good, aki sora was also good..

I'll also recommend one of my favorites while I'm here just incase anyone else is looking for one:

AISHITERUZE BABY

not a real little sister but treated as such
Old 2013-06-05, 19:30   Link #12
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Tomochika Miyano's Rika. Tense, sexy and vaguely believable.
Repelsteeltju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 20:12   Link #13
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diodati View Post
I wouldn't say it's primarily 'slice of life', but you may want to give Kurenai a go.
Actually I'd say most of Kurenai qualifies as a slice-of-life story, particularly the middle episodes. The "action" theme is largely a plot device to motivate the story about Shinkarou and Murasaki.

Along with the remarkable episode six, we have other little stories about daily life like the one about the video game player, the trips to the bath house, and the trip to the shrine. There is also a recurring subplot in which Tamaki "educates" Murasaki on methods to identify the finer male specimens of our species. Usually these tutorials rely on analyzing characters appearing on soap operas. I find these scenes among the most hilarious in all of Kurenai.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2013-06-05 at 20:26.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 20:45   Link #14
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I thought i'd post this for anyone else looking for this type of manga but I found a really good one called Himouto! Umaru-chan. It's a great story about a hard working brother taking care of his little sister who is perfect outside the home and an otaku soon to be NEET inside the home. it's really cute and I love it so I hope someone else will too.