AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-08-12, 14:02   Link #921
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Naruto didn't do that, it's not even what he tried to do -and failed.
We were discussing of stopping the chakra to flow into the brain thanks to the use of tenketsu.
I theorized that a Hyuga good enough to use the tenketsu could interupt the chakra coming to the head and thus would effectively immune someone against Genjutsu. But in other hand to do that to himself would stop as well the use of the Byakugan making impossible to restart the system again as he wouldn't be able to see the tenketsu anymore.
The Byakugan isn't 'always on'.

In the earliest scenes shown, Hinata uses a seal sequence to activate it.
Neji also turned it on when time for battle.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 14:18   Link #922
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

yes, so?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 15:54   Link #923
tatami
back in black

byakugan can predict any attack (kunai and vs.) in radius of 50 m according to episode 117 (neji) so it feels the movement in chakra surrounded 50 m radius sphere. is it also feels if it is a man or a fist,kick etc?
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 17:32   Link #924
tkdtiger

Would byakugan's second level be the ability to see the individual chakra points? Is so then I guess the byakugan also has levels to it like the sharingan. It could be you can't physically see those levels on a byakugan, because of how the eye is on the byakugan user.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 17:39   Link #925
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
If he temporarily interrupts and continues his chakra system (which itself might be enough to break the genjustu) or even has to shut down and restart it?

He would temporarily lose the Byakugan, but could simply turn it on again. I don't see him losing it on anything more than an extremely short-term basis (almost like restarting a computer).
He doesn't have to lose Byagukan for that. All Neji has to do is to disrupt the chakra flow in the brain. Considering that there are many chakra points in the head, it is highly possible that not all the chakra points have to be related to the Byagukan.

The above case is valid if Byagukan users are not the natural enemies of Genjutsu users. We haven't seen anything on this yet, so it is possible to go both sides. But, as a superior clan, with an eye-based bloodline, being natural advantage against Genjutsu seems to me as having higher probability than not having any advantage at all. Considering that Sharingan comes from Byagukan, and having a lot of interesting characteristics, there is no reason to consider similar things about Byagukan. I am sure seeing chakra flows, near 360 degree long range visibility should not be what all Byagukan is capable of.

Also if someone is aware of Sharingan's basic characteristics such as genjutsu effects - Hyuugas might be one of those, and if that person comes from Hyuuga and is intelligent enough, he should be capable of understanding that any huge amount of chakra flow in the eye for a Sharingan user would mean staying far away and avoiding the eye.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 19:26   Link #926
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Naruto didn't do that, it's not even what he tried to do -and failed.
We were discussing of stopping the chakra to flow into the brain thanks to the use of tenketsu.
I theorized that a Hyuga good enough to use the tenketsu could interupt the chakra coming to the head and thus would effectively immune someone against Genjutsu. But in other hand to do that to himself would stop as well the use of the Byakugan making impossible to restart the system again as he wouldn't be able to see the tenketsu anymore.
It was a missunderstanding... what I meant was the thing Raikage mentioned. How Jiraiya explained it. Stop your system and then restart it... I wasn't talking about tenketsu.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 10:49   Link #927
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Sharingan for mi in rl n byakugan in naruto

1)Sharingan makes things look like bullet time mode(slow motion) so if some 1 fires a pistol @ me i can dodge it like matrix

2)Byakugan is something that i've quite admired since the 1st time i saw it although it looks kinda freaky having veins @ the side of ur head it's pretty useful *64 divination field and 128 *
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 15:16   Link #928
Mcdougal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami
byakugan can predict any attack (kunai and vs.) in radius of 50 m according to episode 117 (neji) so it feels the movement in chakra surrounded 50 m radius sphere. is it also feels if it is a man or a fist,kick etc?

Byakugan doesn't predict squat. It just allows the user to see a Kunai heading towards you, making sure he doesn't get blindsided. It doesn't "feel" movement in chakra, it sees the chakra in the person. If you mean the aura of chakra Neji sends out to guard his blindspot, then i'd guess that no, it doesn't distinguish between man or item, just that something's there.
Mcdougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 15:44   Link #929
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdougal
Byakugan doesn't predict squat. It just allows the user to see a Kunai heading towards you, making sure he doesn't get blindsided. It doesn't "feel" movement in chakra, it sees the chakra in the person. If you mean the aura of chakra Neji sends out to guard his blindspot, then i'd guess that no, it doesn't distinguish between man or item, just that something's there.
its not only he sees , he creates chakra sphere aroun him...thats how he escaped from death (the arrow with the cable when he was hit) it was explained as he felt the movement in chakra...
Old 2006-08-14, 16:34   Link #930
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Hm I see some of you underestimating and mis enterpreting the byakugan, so I'll post its abilites for some clarification.
1.360 degree vision (only neji has shown a weak spot)
2.Pearcing vision (xray varying degrees)
3.Pearcing vision (long distance funnel)
4.Pearcing vision (extreme attention to detail)

All byakugan was described to have was 360 degree vision, and pearcing vision.
What we have seen Neji do with this is: spot underground foes that were behind him, read other ninja's emotions and formulate a reasonable hypothesis on what they were thinking, watch ninja form the chakra to do a jutsu, look thru objects, target organs and pressure points during hand to hand combat, watch lee with gates open, and analyze jutsu that were already in effect.

A lot of the things neji does with his byakugan requires seriously fast information processing. An example would be the difficulty of his fighting style alone. Even if someone is wearing a bright red dot on their shirt, it's still hard to hit when they are fighting you. Not to mention looking at that in an almost complete 360 degree radius (underground too) and being able to react just as fast as you normally would.

Even thou neji has been tricked and caught by various traps, he has also seen thru and avoided a lot of things that sharingan wouldn't have been able to do because sharingan works almost exclusivley on people.
Spoiler:
I would be surprised if byakugan didn't aford the user some level of enhanced information processing like sharingan. And I would also be surpriesd if what we have seen so far is the limit of byakugan. My prediction is that something rediculously good will happen when the true 360 degrees of vision can be seen.

Last edited by Kotengu; 2006-08-14 at 16:46.
Kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 17:08   Link #931
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Oh yea and on the genjutsu theories.
1. Sasuke prolly didn't get hit as hard a kakashi cuz he didn't have the same tourture. Reliving your parents death for 24 hours, and getting strung up on a cross and stabbed for 72 hours is a big difference in mental stress. Since it is genjutsu and not direct damage, it would heavily depend on the illusion forced onto your oponent.

2.When gai was explaining gentle fist he said that your chakra system was connected to your enternal organs. This, along with the fact that if you use up your chakra, you get tired, leads me to believe that your chakra is directly connected to your stamina and health(and explains why naruto has so much). If you were to have your chakra completly drained, you would probably die. So 'shutting down' all chakra prolly isn't really what jirya ment or maybe it translated wrong. It was probably to 'disrupt' the unnatrual chakra flow genjutsu enduces on it's victim.

3.Genjutsu is based on the 5 senses. sight, touch, hearing.. .ect. Since byakugan has pearcing vission, it would proably have an advantage over genjutsu geared toward messing with his vision. But seing as how byakugan doesn't make any of his other senses sprout veins and become enhanced I doubt this would be a blanket effect(same for sharingan). That said, byakugan users do have uncanny chakra control (prolly due to the fact that they can see their own tenketsu), and might find it easyer to get out of a genjutsu.
-oh yea, not to mention that byakugan could just switch the spectrum you view things in.
Old 2006-08-14, 17:09   Link #932
tatami
back in black

watch episode 117 or 177 where neji kicks spider guys ass...you will see what i am talkin about, also not only neji but all byakugan users have the weak spot, its byakugans weak point not nejis ,its almost 360 degrees not 360.
Old 2006-08-14, 17:23   Link #933
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
also not only neji but all byakugan users have the weak spot, its byakugans weak point not nejis ,its almost 360 degrees not 360.
That is your assumption based on watching neji, and listening to kiddomaru's analysis. Not on what was stated. We have never seen hinata, Hiashi, or any other hyuga display this weakness (especially since we haven't seen any other hyuga fight).

That being said I also believe this assumption based on the facts presented to far. I also believe that this weakness can be corrected with further mastery of they byakugan blood limit.
Old 2006-08-14, 17:24   Link #934
ri0

Quote:
watch episode 117 or 177 where neji kicks spider guys ass...you will see what i am talkin about, also not only neji but all byakugan users have the weak spot, its byakugans weak point not nejis ,its almost 360 degrees not 360.
Well kinda hard to explain but most of the time it is 360 degrees... For example the complete place under the third vertebra is always 360 degrees. The space above is 360 degree with a small "dark spot" in the different hights.
Old 2006-08-14, 17:33   Link #935
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0
Well kinda hard to explain but most of the time it is 360 degrees... For example the complete place under the third vertebra is always 360 degrees. The space above is 360 degree with a small "dark spot" in the different hights.
It's a 360 degree sphere around his entire body, with a widening cone starting a 1 degree sticking out from the back of his neck.
- the thing that makes it dangerous is the fact that at the outside of his visual radius, the cone is wide enough that you could sneak a kunai in unnoticed.
Old 2006-08-14, 17:46   Link #936
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu
It's a 360 degree sphere around his entire body, with a widening cone starting a 1 degree sticking out from the back of his neck.
- the thing that makes it dangerous is the fact that at the outside of his visual radius, the cone is wide enough that you could sneak a kunai in unnoticed.
really wanna see haku vs neji... haku uses needles u know and demonic ice mirrors
Old 2006-08-14, 17:46   Link #937
tkdtiger

It seems that all Byakugan users know about that weak spot at actually do guard it and pay attention to it. You have to be an extremely talented ninja to hit the spot precisely, but because most byakyagan users seem to know about this spot they do seem to be prepared to be attacked at this spot, so really it could also become an advantage if the byakugan user knows the person will attack this spot. Didn't Neji allow himself to be hit? I believe he already knew the attack was coming, but chose not to dodge.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 17:57   Link #938
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Hm I see some of you underestimating and mis enterpreting the byakugan, so I'll post its abilites for some clarification.
1.360 degree vision (only neji has shown a weak spot)
2.Pearcing vision (xray varying degrees)
3.Pearcing vision (long distance funnel)
4.Pearcing vision (extreme attention to detail)

All byakugan was described to have was 360 degree vision, and pearcing vision.
I'm bored so I'll jump in this to pass time.

1. What scripture says that all byakugan was described to have 360 degrees vision?

2. Who would scream out the weak spot of any technique? If byakugan is close to having 360, then I'd just say it is 360 so my weaknesses won't be exploited.

The fact is that byakugan is a bloodline limit, which is a perfect inheritance. So far, all Hyugas have had byakugan. There is no defective byakugan. The fact that it is almost 360 actually isn't a defect, that's just how it was built genetic wise. A defect and weakness aren't the same thing. No matter how sightful this technique is, the fact of the matter is that even the Hyugas can't see directly behind themselves.
Sharingan is flawless.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 18:07   Link #939
ri0

Quote:
But therefore you should know that the sphere is there... And if you are moving the chances are near nill that you don't notice that Kunai.
Old 2006-08-14, 18:12   Link #940
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama
The fact is that byakugan is a bloodline limit, a perfect inheritance. So far, all Hyugas have had byakugan. There is no defective byakugan. The fact that it is almost 360 actually isn't a defect, that's just how it was built genetic wise. No matter how sightful this technique is, the fact of the matter is that even the Hyugas can't see directly behind themselves.
Sharingan is flawless.
First off I'm not totally sure whether neji's 360 was revealed during his fight with naruto or before, but I'll look it up 4 u. I also know that the spider nin himself said pearcing vision & 360 vision as his initial anaylsis. They even drew a little diagram in the manga.
And again I will state that we don't know about other byakugan levels. Only Neji's. Hinata couldn't do kaiten, or hit tenketu. And from her/the hokage's reaction she probably couldn't see them either as it would take some serious control to limit your xray vision to just underneath someone's skin to see chakra points. Hanabi also refered to the kaiten as belonging to his father. NOT to the hyuuga clan itself. again alluding to the fact that he himself, along with the other clan members he knew (who didn't hate their family) couldn't do kaiten(hisashi not included).
and as far as 'flawless' sharingan goes
Spoiler:

of course everything byond the fact of what byakugan does is my hypothesis and opinion based on the aformentioned events.