Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-15, 15:59   Link #461
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
This is prob one of the times that knowing the manga could be counterproductive to enjoying the anime. I stlll loved the episode.
Seems that way. Looks like i made the good choice of planning to read the manga once this series ends, and just enjoy the TV series for what it is.

& with that in mind, episode two was pretty good. So many adorable Bridgette moments really made my day, especially that blush. Like the little hints at her backstory, and hoping it's not long before we get the full flashback. & of course, best part of the episode was that shower scene. Oh my that shower scene.

I like where the next episode is headed after that last scene.
Old 2011-01-15, 17:09   Link #462
RhinoX

Maybe, just maybe, that glow will be the old form and after some episodes they will show de original form as a new one :P
RhinoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 17:10   Link #463
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 2:
That part should be explained in the next episode. It has to do with how Limiters operate. Kazuya is a Limiter. Males become Limiters. Females become Pandora.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I like where the next episode is headed after that last scene.
More fighting and fanservice.
Old 2011-01-15, 18:04   Link #464
chaos_animagic

Well... after a week's of waiting (I haven't even watch episode 1)
Because I was trying to see if a 16:9 uncensored would pop out of nowhere...

But I guess there aren't going to be any ;(
Guess I'll have to watch both 4:3 uncen and 16:9 cen (either at same time with different media players or one after the other... LOL)

BTW... no one know of the reason why they have cutted the uncensored version from 16:9 to 4:3?
Because... it looked like uncensored "intermission" (where it showed Satellizer el Bridget's "profile data" @ 11:48 of ep1) was actually cutted out from the original 16:9.
That suggested to me they purposely cutted the original than edited it to uncensored.
The reason is... why did they even do that when they can just keep it 16:9?... why go through all the trouble to cut out all frames to make it 4:3?
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 18:37   Link #465
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
The reason is... why did they even do that when they can just keep it 16:9?... why go through all the trouble to cut out all frames to make it 4:3?
So you'll buy the BDs.
Old 2011-01-15, 18:41   Link #466
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Errr? What anime are you expecting to watch? Freezing is about cheap fanservice + fun fights. Its a simple show with a simple aim.

I feel like you guys expect too much from this show.
So Freezing is about cheap fanservice + fun fights. Great.
Too bad while there is cheap fanservice, the fights are not even close to fun.

I'm not expecting anything (never did), so I don't think that is the case.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 18:46   Link #467
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
So Freezing is about cheap fanservice + fun fights. Great.
Too bad while there is cheap fanservice, the fights are not even close to fun.

I'm not expecting anything (never did), so I don't think that is the case.
The fights get better as the series progresses due to who she fights. Fighting #2 in her class really isn't expected to last long when she's ranked #1. It's like there's #1(Satellizer) and then there's a big gap in ability then you reach #2 (Ganessa).

They did put an effort in character building so it's not all about fights and fanservice.
Old 2011-01-15, 18:47   Link #468
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
The fights get better as the series progresses due to who she fights.
I hope the animation quality of the fights get better too, then.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 18:49   Link #469
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
More fighting and fanservice.
Exactly. Along with more adorable Bridgette moments.
Old 2011-01-15, 19:22   Link #470
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
and really, that Chiffon-girl is like Xellos' female counterpart.
That's a very nice comparison, actually *lol*
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 20:34   Link #471
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Pandora Mode

A very good thing about this anime adaptation is that it doesn't waste time with fillers or much original stuff to go with the manga from one episode to the next.

Most of the first episode was original stuff which explained and introduced Sattellizer before Kazuya transferred in to the academy.

The second episode adapted the second half of chapter one and the first half of chapter two from the manga, and differences should be noted.

Spoiler:

An interesting note about Satellizer's character.

This is the second time that I listen to Mamiko Noto's voice playing the role of a main character that has serious issues upon being touched by someone else.

1. The first one was Yukinari Sasaki. The main male-lead character from the harem comedy Girls Bravo, which upon being touched by any female (except Miharu) all throughout his body hives will burst due to suffering severe psychosomatic symptoms of gynephobia.

2. In Satellizer's case, she felt no disgust from being touched by Kazuya, although she felt embarrassed too deeply. Her psychological symptoms are a possible case of aphephobia, which reasons so as not to break the surprise, unfortunately, I won't reveal because that's spoiler.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 21:54   Link #472
Tiberium Wolf

Nice censor for who haven seen them. Pics in Random Curiosity. Seriously what's the point of broadcasting something in which the screen is more than half black.
Old 2011-01-15, 23:00   Link #473
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Nice censor for who haven seen them. Pics in Random Curiosity. Seriously what's the point of broadcasting something in which the screen is more than half black.
Then watch the uncensored version. If there are 2 versions out, why bother with the censored version?
Old 2011-01-15, 23:20   Link #474
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Decent episode. Less pointless violence but they still have problems. I will do my best to ignore the manga changes but it was still enjoyable, so yeah.

Someone needs to tell them they are lowering the value of the juicy breasts... its inflation!

And was Satellizer's hair up in the shower??
Old 2011-01-16, 00:07   Link #475
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I doubt they could be worse

I hadn't noticed the evil smile on her shadow in the ED until this week. I though she was a genuinely nice girl
She's voiced by Inoue Marina so she should prove to be very entertaining.
Not only the smile there is a shadow os something big like a claw mmmm
Old 2011-01-16, 00:20   Link #476
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This show doesn't seem very high quality, but I find myself enjoying it quite a bit. I like the characters and the situations.

Maybe it's a case of my usual early-season low standards. I like a lot of the new shows right now: Hourou Musuko above all, but I'm enjoying just about all of them, to be honest.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 00:30   Link #477
faythz
I.G

I'm very dissapointed in Freezing anime, I'm a fans of freezing manga and in Anime too much change in every scene. And I kinda hate the Camera view why it shoot panty in battle scene such a mood ruiner. It was like this show meant to fanservice only

For the Pandora Mode it's horrible , where is the full armor!!! Just change hair color aww sucks
and for Kazuya. They make it even more Lame and sucks in anime
well i'm sorry to compare it with manga , Just my dissapointment
I think i'll drop it sooner or later
faythz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 00:41   Link #478
Shadow5YA

This show is moving a bit too slow-paced for my tastes. Two episodes done and we still haven't covered half of ch2 in the manga. Those chains seemed to move in slow motion.

More Satellizer reactions are always nice, but that alone is not enough to carry this show.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 02:56   Link #479
Johnny
Working the bags...

Don't really care for the butchered adaption so far. Boobie and panty shots can only hold out for so long. Plus they turned the bad ass student council president into a babbling coward. I'll hold out and see what becomes of the next event that the previews showed...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 03:12   Link #480
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

The badass student council president was a babbling coward in the manga too.

but I do agree, quite a bit of disappointment so far in the adaptation, but I'll stick around in hopes of improvement. My only real beef so far has been the down-grading of Pandora mode.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-01-16 at 05:58. Reason: No manga spoilers in anime-only discussion threads.
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, seinen