AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-16, 04:06   Link #481
Wrath88
Kissing...

Disappointing... Especially the Pandora mode thing. At least CHANGE the clothes a little, not just add some glow and lines.

Satellizer seemed to misplace her weapon while dodging the chains at the beginning, and Ganessa somehow gained 5 chains for a moment in her normal form.

Also, anyone wonder why Ganessa used her hands to throw the last chain attack? Kind of pointless when she can already control them automatically.

Man, even though I'm watching less anime this season, school has gotten even busier.
Old 2011-01-16, 04:13   Link #482
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Right now, Freezing (for me) is falling in rating. Hopefully it won't join the "there was never a XXXXX anime" like Umineko, Omamori Himari and Pandora Hearts.
there is no doubt in my mind the majority of people who have read the manga manwha comic book will think this way.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 04:57   Link #483
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And was Satellizer's hair up in the shower??
Ponytail! <33
Old 2011-01-16, 05:17   Link #484
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Errr? What anime are you expecting to watch? Freezing is about cheap fanservice + fun fights. Its a simple show with a simple aim.

I feel like you guys expect too much from this show.
As serenade already said, the fights aren't exactly fun yet. As for the fanservice, I expected it to be quality (as in, entertaining and well drawn) fanservice, like in Hyakka Ryouran or Seikon no Qwaser. It's nowhere near their level currently. What truly bothers me is that this whole adaptation reeks of cheapness. Right now, only the voice cast is saving it.

That said, even though I think it's pretty bad, it's not like it's unbearable to watch. I still hold out hope it'll improve.
Old 2011-01-16, 07:18   Link #485
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As serenade already said, the fights aren't exactly fun yet. As for the fanservice, I expected it to be quality (as in, entertaining and well drawn) fanservice, like in Hyakka Ryouran or Seikon no Qwaser. It's nowhere near their level currently. What truly bothers me is that this whole adaptation reeks of cheapness. Right now, only the voice cast is saving it.

That said, even though I think it's pretty bad, it's not like it's unbearable to watch. I still hold out hope it'll improve.
I keep teling myself this show is gonna get better, if I stick with it a little longer, I just hope they don't disappoint me.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 08:26   Link #486
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Don't really care for the butchered adaption so far. Boobie and panty shots can only hold out for so long. Plus they turned the bad ass student council president into a babbling coward. I'll hold out and see what becomes of the next event that the previews showed...
Now if she really was a coward would Satellizer and the rest of the school even respect her. Appearances are deceiving here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
there is no doubt in my mind the majority of people who have read the manga manwha comic book will think this way.
Then I'm in the minority. The manga had the panty shots with the battles and worse. I like how they've mixed in the background info early on. That could mean that the fights are going to be fast paced occurences.

This is an anime adaptation. Not all adaptations follow the manga source 100%. People should get used to this fact of life by now.
Old 2011-01-16, 08:41   Link #487
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Well, with any adaption, there're always people complaining. This's also a fact of life
Old 2011-01-16, 10:42   Link #488
Scy

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The fights get better as the series progresses due to who she fights.
Really? IMHO the fights just get worse and worse; the whole bullying crap gets more and more tiring and ridiculous as it goes on. I suspect most people will drop the series after the next episode.
Scy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 10:47   Link #489
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scy View Post
Really? IMHO the fights just get worse and worse; the whole bullying crap gets more and more tiring and ridiculous as it goes on. I suspect most people will drop the series after the next episode.
Yep, bullying is a part of the school life. They are violent human weapons by default. This is set in school similar to a school for delinquents in a shonen manga and Satellizer is the "fresh meat". Crows Episode Zero with girls.

And what do you think Ganessa was doing in this episode? She tried to fight Satellizer again because she thought that Satellizer didn't have a Pandora mode and she could humiliate Satellizer to her heart's content. Getting No. 1 rank on a technicality wasn't enough for her.

This episode is just the warm up for what's to come.
Old 2011-01-16, 11:20   Link #490
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Ponytail! <33
Nooo... one benefit of the shower is the hair is down. Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

This definitely can't compare to Hyakka Ryouran. Even with the censors, Hyakka was better.
Old 2011-01-16, 11:25   Link #491
orion

Quote:
I'm in the ponytail camp for the shower scene.
Old 2011-01-16, 12:26   Link #492
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Haha yea what it should be is Bridget has her hair up in a ponytail as the norm and then have it down during any shower scene or for classic slow mo letting hair down

1st 30 secs or last 30 secs, only vid I could find
Old 2011-01-16, 12:42   Link #493
orion

Hair up in the shower gets to the point faster and includes those with ponytail fetishes. Also, hair up normal won't get that familiarity with Kazuya's sister that they needed. She wore her hair down.
Old 2011-01-16, 13:21   Link #494
bigdeath

Why would you put your hair up in the shower?
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 14:03   Link #495
Lilithium
Banned

I'm not sure what's going on with Freezing. The first episode was horrifying to me, as I noticed comparisons between it and Evangelion. Namely the way the "Nova" look. It's seem the EVA have been replaced with huge breasted high school students. It's a little hard to tell if I should be enjoying the aforementioned staple of most anime or not in this situation. To be frank, my feelings are not positive at this point in time. I want to know more about Aoi Kazuya, but does the overall story behind the show warrant watching more of it?

I'll watch the third episode if a fan of the manga can tell me it's worthwhile. Honestly, I am not such a fan of watching something just for the huge breasts and panty shots.
Lilithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 14:37   Link #496
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

The anime is over-playing the panty shots quite a bit, but as a manga reader I can say that if the anime keeps more in line with the manga, it will be quite enjoyable.

That said, a lot of fans primary fear is that it deviates from the manga in the name of fan-service, which it already has to some degree.
Old 2011-01-16, 14:47   Link #497
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm in the ponytail camp for the shower scene.
We sir are both in the same camp it seems. I wonder if you'll join me in the foot one.
Old 2011-01-16, 17:44   Link #498
Kagayaki

First of all, they got rid of Ganessa's naked henshin scene. Why? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?! (The anime's pandora mode sucks, but that's not nearly as much of a problem as this.)
Spoiler for Corresponding Manga Scene from Ep 2 (NSFW):

The encounter with Satellizer getting off the bus was annoying (and not in the manga).

Generally, if you grab someone and they flinch away so hard they fall over, you don't try to grab them again. It's like they decided to make Kazuya incredibly dense so they could justify having more embarrassed Satellizer scenes. I don't know. It just felt really forced.

Spoiler for I know how you feel, Fairchild-senpai. That was my face too.:

Other than Kazuya's added stupidity in the anime, it's almost like the staff decided, "Hey, he doensn't look wimpy... What can we do about this? Oh, I know, let's just make him look like a 3rd grader!"
Spoiler for side by side comparison:

As if it wasn't already bad enough, we're less than halfway through the second chapter right now. This is glacial.

If the downward trend from the first episode to the second episode continues, I predict we'll be well into "There is no Freezing anime" territory by episode 4.
Old 2011-01-16, 18:35   Link #499
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
We sir are both in the same camp it seems. I wonder if you'll join me in the foot one.
Though I see your point with feet, well drawn ankles are what I like.

If they get the ankles right, then the feet are also drawn properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Why would you put your hair up in the shower?
To better scrub your back. To enable animators to give us nice back shots, profile shots without worrying about dripping hair that could obscure Satellizer's body. In other words, better for fanservice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Generally, if you grab someone and they flinch away so hard they fall over, you don't try to grab them again. It's like they decided to make Kazuya incredibly dense so they could justify having more embarrassed Satellizer scenes. I don't know. It just felt really forced.
You're right. He's either incredibly dense or he has an aggressive and stubborn side also that the anime is choosing to bring out and he can read her like a book. Not only did he grab her but he continued to hold on despite being told to let go. He also didn't back down despite having a blade at his neck and supported her during the fight.

Last edited by orion; 2011-01-16 at 18:50.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 22:26   Link #500
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Wow, that protagonist is such an idiot. Every time he did something, or said something, or appeared on screen I just wanted to punch him in the face Index style.

And Ganessa isn't much better. How do you declare that you're better than someone when you constantly have to have an unfair advantage in order to stand a chance of beating them?

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, seinen